By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox360, Wii, PS3, and software

Ok, I understand that yall love the Wii and Bod, but I dont care. This whole anaysis bothers me as it only showcases the Wii in its best month because of Mario Galaxy. That is my point. And the dude in the thong, I hope thats not you and if it isnt, I dont know why you would have that pic.

Around the Network

It's not a thong. It's a Game Boy fanny pack, with 2 Game Boys in it. And yes it's me. Funny you mention thongs though, because they're way better than regular underwear. They have the perfect amount of support while still giving you room to breathe. Man-thongs are where comfort, support, and maneuverability meet.

The Wii will do even better in December. Get ready for it.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

eugene said:
Ok, I understand that yall love the Wii and Bod, but I dont care. This whole anaysis bothers me as it only showcases the Wii in its best month because of Mario Galaxy. That is my point. And the dude in the thong, I hope thats not you and if it isnt, I dont know why you would have that pic.

I don't know where you learned to read, but Bod clearly included October in his analysis, which, funnily enough, is before the launch of Galaxy.

Stop making shit up.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

RolStoppable said:
eugene said:
RolStoppable said:

Everyone knew that Halo 3 would come for the 360 early in its life. Everyone knew what to expect from the game. People picked up a 360 in anticipation of Halo 3 long before the first trailer was shown.

No, you weren't talking about the past 20 years, you were talking about the Wii specifically and called it the Mario box. I provided evidence that not just about every 1st party game for the Wii is a Mario spinoff. You lost the argument and are now looking for an excuse.

But you know what? Go list every Mario spinoff in history you can think of and I will name you two 1st party games that aren't a Mario spinoff for each valid game you can list.

At the same time people didnt ancticipate a new Mario game comming?

Of course they did, but they had also plenty of other games to look forward, most importantly Twilight Princess. After that there were two other announced games left to take hype away from Galaxy. Corruption and Brawl. Some others anticipated Fire Emblem too, although that's a niche title, but it's among the best games (if not the best) you can get in the genre of strategy-RPGs. This just covers confirmed franchises at that point in time.

You see, Nintendo has many big franchises and their fans can't agree on which one is the best, there are just too many different tastes. If you ask someone what his favorite Microsoft 1st party game is, you most likely get "Halo" as answer from 90+ %. The hype for Nintendo games is spread among many different games all the time, while it was focused on a single game in Microsoft's case.

I understand the appeal of Nintendo and its games. I had them all up until the Gamecube. Thats why I understand it very well. It has the strength of 20+ years of delelping IPs to appeal to everyone while Microsoft has had 6. Thats why I excuse it for its strenghth of mostly appealing to one demographic of which I am a part of. Microsoft is trying to develop others. Thats why they put tons of money into Jrpg develpment,and kid friendly games like Viva Pinata. I really dont like how everyone puts down the 360 cause its not everything all at once. It is mostly Wii owners that do it.

omgwtfbbq said:
eugene said:

I don't know where you learned to read, but Bod clearly included October in his analysis, which, funnily enough, is before the launch of Galaxy.

Stop making shit up.

Im talking about November. Your clearly jumping around on my posts and responding to them out of context.

Around the Network

eugene the fact that SMG was released on the Wii was MORE than canceled out by both Assassin's Creed and CoD4 on the 360. In fact, those 2 games made a much larger contribution to 360 software than SMG did to Wii software. Your point is moot, and you don't seem to understand anything going on in this topic. The 360 does not have an overwhelming software attach rate advantage and SMG's release in no way stops Bod's post from proving it beyond any reasonable doubt.

eugene the analysis in the original post was pretty straightforward and easy to understand. It must be taking some massive effort to be this obtuse; why does it bother you so much that the wii is not as far behind with regards to software sales as some people would like to imply?  

eugene said:
omgwtfbbq said:
eugene said:

Stop making shit up.

Im talking about November. Your clearly jumping around on my posts and responding to them out of context.

what the hell are you talking about? You said "This whole anaysis bothers me as it only showcases the Wii in its best month because of Mario Galaxy."

That was pretty much the entirity of the content of your post. It was one sentence that was completely wrong, as Bod's analysis covered two months, October (before SMG) and November (the month of SMG). And now you're saying you were talking about November? No you weren't. You were talking about Bod's analysis, which covered October and November. Unless you were saying "the bit you were talking about only covers November", in which case, blame yourself, not the analysis. Everyone else was talking about October and November.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

naznatips said:
eugene the fact that SMG was released on the Wii was MORE than canceled out by both Assassin's Creed and CoD4 on the 360. In fact, those 2 games made a much larger contribution to 360 software than SMG did to Wii software. Your point is moot, and you don't seem to understand anything going on in this topic. The 360 does not have an overwhelming software attach rate advantage and SMG's release in no way stops Bod's post from proving it beyond any reasonable doubt.

Then you missed my whole point by me saying that I believe that the Wii had an above average month for attach rate. Im pretty sure that is true also. Im done with arguing, I know I will lose. If my point was missed by everyone that loves a Wii, well "ok" is all I can say. But I will say this also before I leave. I dont believe Mario Galaxy was "canceled" by assassins creed and Cod 4 as that absolutely makes no sense to me. I dont even understand what that means.  I dont hate the Wii, but I hate all the 360 bashing. Bye

eugene said:

Im done with arguing, I know I will lose.

Fair enough.  The fact that you make it clear that you have a vested interest in this doesn't make you all that, uh... convincing.