By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox360, Wii, PS3, and software

grandmaster192 said:
As always, Bodhestava, your punctuation is on the money! This is one of the many reasons you need to be a mod here -- you would do great posting articles and stuff. As for your post, I would have to agree. In Europe, as you've already pointed out, software is doing very well for the PS3.

Yeah Uncharted sales prove that to be the case as does CoD 4 and AC.

Didja get that thing I sentcha?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
eugene said:
Mario Galaxy didnt have years of hype?? Try 20 years of hype. Maybe it didnt have its own soda, but it had its own everything else imaginable. The Wii isnt a Mario Box??? UHH, I could argue about that till Im blue, but just about every first party game is a Mario spin off. Halo box? uhh 3 games in 6 years. Mario is the biggest and most commercialized video game charachter ever. No hype?? Not front loaded? Its the fastest selling Wii game ever and the most front loaded Wii game ever. Mario had its own launch party! As for legs, Halo 2 is still selling very well after 3 years now. I cant believe your saying Halo was advertised for years and Mario wasnt and Halo was more commercialized. Thats the dumbest thing ever said. I think I saw some little kid with Mario sneakers, licking his mario popsicle.

No, because it was first shown on E3 2006, so it had at most 1 and a half year of hype. But Zelda took a lot of that hype because it was much closer to be released, so make it at best 1 year of SMG hype and that wasn't nowhere near the anticipation of Halo 3.

First party games for Wii, let's see:

3 Mario spinoffs: Super Paper, Party 8, Strikers Charged.

11 non-Mario games: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Zelda, Wario Ware, Big Brain Academy, Excite Truck, Fire Emblem, Batallion Wars, Endless Ocean, Metroid Prime, Galaxy.

Clearly just about every 1st party game is a Mario spinoff, because roughly 20 % are the majority of 100 %.

Thats the dumbest thing ever said. 

If you are refering to your own post, you are spot on.

So when was Halo 3 announced? Oh yeah E3 2006. Yes, this was the first time of actual confirmation. Ok, counting all the games that are not spin offs is less relevant than counting all the games that are. Im talking about all the ones that were over the past 20 years on whatever platform they were on.

Oops. I can't believe I said October. Just shoot me.

Halo 3 will hands down be the biggest game on the 360. It's the HaloBox, or maybe the FPSBox if you want to look at the whole top 10 best-sellers.

Wii Sports, Wii Play, and maybe even Wii Fit will sell better than Mario Galaxy, not to mention Brawl or Mario Kart. Nintendo is trying to distance themselves from their past. You can barely find the word "Nintendo" on the Wii's packaging. It comes with a free game that doesn't have Mario.

You can't find Wiis with Mario all over them. You can get special edition Halo 3 edition 360s. Microsoft wants to have the HaloBox, and Nintendo wants to have the WiiBox. Wii would like to play, suckas.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

RolStoppable said:
eugene said:

It doenst matter to me if you respond or not to me. This whole anaysis of software sales was cherry picked and im gonna point that out.

I think you don't understand the analysis. At the end of October the 360 had a LTD marketshare in hardware of 51 % and its software sales for the month of October had a marketshare of 54 %.

It's not unexpected that the 360 outsold the software of the Wii and PS3 combined, when the 360's installed base was more than the Wii's and PS3's combined. Proportional to its installed base, the 360 is moving roughly the same amount of software as the other two consoles.

Well how is it, that the Xbox 360 sells more software than the Nintendo Ds, when the Nintendo Ds has almost 10 million more units sold? My argument was simply that the Wii had possibly its best software sales proportionally because it had launched the biggest game of the year in November. Assuming that the Wii goes in the same direction as the DS, which looks very likely, the 360 should outsell its software every month outside of a huge game release. I expect whole heardily that when SSMB launches, it should dwarf the 360 easily and should. If its close or even a little under, that too me is a weak sign of software sales for the Wii. I was saying that this was a great and unusual month for the Wii as September was for the 360.

Rubang B said:

Halo 3 will hands down be the biggest game on the 360. It's the HaloBox, or maybe the FPSBox if you want to look at the whole top 10 best-sellers.

Wii Sports, Wii Play, and maybe even Wii Fit will sell better than Mario Galaxy, not to mention Brawl or Mario Kart. Nintendo is trying to distance themselves from their past. You can barely find the word "Nintendo" on the Wii's packaging. It comes with a free game that doesn't have Mario.

You can't find Wiis with Mario all over them. You can get special edition Halo 3 edition 360s. Microsoft wants to have the HaloBox, and Nintendo wants to have the WiiBox. Wii would like to play, suckas.

Ok, this whole Wiibox or Halobox has anything to do with anything. Whats your point with anything your saying?

Around the Network

Eugene. Stop spamming this thread when you obviously haven't read bod's initial post. You're throwing back the same articles that Bod has already discussed, but without backing up your stupid claims.

Go back to predicting 250k week debuts for Xbox games in Japan.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Well great thread Bod but not so great responders (rol and squirrel are as always exempt from such criticism). Pretty much the argument I have to make every week and month when he xbox fanboys go crazy because some new FPS sold 1 million+ in 2 weeks (forgetting its sales collapse afterwards) or that the 360 version of a game sold 3 times what the PS3 version did (forgetting the 360 has 3X the install base).

RolStoppable said:
eugene said:

So when was Halo 3 announced? Oh yeah E3 2006. Yes, this was the first time of actual confirmation. Ok, counting all the games that are not spin offs is less relevant than counting all the games that are. Im talking about all the ones that were over the past 20 years on whatever platform they were on.

Everyone knew that Halo 3 would come for the 360 early in its life. Everyone knew what to expect from the game. People picked up a 360 in anticipation of Halo 3 long before the first trailer was shown.

No, you weren't talking about the past 20 years, you were talking about the Wii specifically and called it the Mario box. I provided evidence that not just about every 1st party game for the Wii is a Mario spinoff. You lost the argument and are now looking for an excuse.

But you know what? Go list every Mario spinoff in history you can think of and I will name you two 1st party games that aren't a Mario spinoff for each valid game you can list. 

At the same time people didnt ancticipate a new Mario game comming?

eugene said:
Rubang B said:

Ok, this whole Wiibox or Halobox has anything to do with anything. Whats your point with anything your saying?

It has anything to do with anything?

Nintendo's new brand IS the Wii.  Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wii Music, WiiWare, etc. etc. etc.  They just also happen to have more successful franchises than any other company, so they also have Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Pokémon, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., and whatnot.

Microsoft's only brand is Halo, so they pimp that shit out.  They put it on the XBox itself.  They put it on Mountain Dew.

Are you going to make sense or just tell me I'm not making sense? 

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

I meant, what does it have to do with anyting?