By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
morenoingrato said:

Around the Network

Weird to see GT5 numbers for week 1 adjusted up after the NPD numbers released had GT5 at 400K.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Nintendogamer said:

Oh and look Wii tops 79M and DS tops 140M.

Gratz to Wii, I didn't think it'd top 1 mill this week thanks to falling BF sales rather than rising as previous years (I was right) but adjustments and strong EMEAA sales got it there.

Awesome numbers for U2 and GoW3.

Very happy for them.

thx1139 said:

Weird to see GT5 numbers for week 1 adjusted up after the NPD numbers released had GT5 at 400K.

400k didn't count bundles and VGC had 473k for America... on spot.

Around the Network
themanwithnoname said:
LivingMetal said:
themanwithnoname said:
Ssliasil said:

Just goes to show how quality blind we American's are.  The rest of the world realises how amazing the PS3 is but Americans typically cant get past the word Halo in the dictionary, and when we do we generally get stuck at the phrase "PEW PEW PEW" which instinctivly makes us backstep back to the H's and begin talking wth Z's instead of S's on forums.

Oh America, how silly!

Implying people are dumb because they don't have the same tastes as you is rather silly, don't you think?

OT: Kinect over 3 million now. Look for it to keep on trucking and have a massive December.

Actually, I think I know where he's coming from.  In general it seems American as a culture are more prone to falling into hype while more than other cultures having a desire to satisfy instant gratification.  I'm not saying all American's are like this.  I'm just saying the American culture is sadly being push more and more towards this trend.

I just think the PS3 ran into a brick wall against the 360 and had nothing to fight it with.

That wall I'm referring to is Call of Duty, Halo, Fable, and Kinect, all of which are either exclusive or much more popular on the 360 in the Americas (I could've put Fallout in here too).

The PS3 didn't bring much to the holiday at all aside from GT5, which many people probably didn't realize was releasing, and isn't that popular in the Americas anyway, especially compared to all of the above. Only thing the PS3 really had other than that was Sly Cooper (PS2 remake) and Move games, which I think are all more popular in EMEAA.

Combine that with the fact that the Arcade 360 is still sitting there and $199, and I think that's the recipe for a pretty solid win for the 360 over the PS3 in the Americas. That being said, saying it's a "solid win" is a bit of an understatement when it's outselling the PS3 2:1, but you get my point.

Well with the games you were referring to two are shooters, and we know shooters are arguably the most popular genre (appealing to the masses) this gen in the Americas.  And Kinect is targeted to the casuals according to Microsoft.  So that right there supports Ssliasil's point.  But Fable is just hardcore in my book.  But you see where I'm coming from.  Besides, GT5 isn't doing too much for the PS3 in the Americas when compared to the Xbox 360.  But GT5 is a hardcore racing sim.  And Ssliasil might be bothered that the PS3 is in third, but why?  It's still an awesome console, and so is the Xbox 360.

Seece said:
Nintendogamer said:

Oh and look Wii tops 79M and DS tops 140M.

Gratz to Wii, I didn't think it'd top 1 mill this week thanks to falling BF sales rather than rising as previous years (I was right) but adjustments and strong EMEAA sales got it there.

Gratz to M$ aswell with Kinect, it seems Kinect numbers are close to 360 HW numbers, could mean that lot of new 360 buyers also got Kinect, only a few don't.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

atma998 said:

Oh and Wii software > PS360 software!

Kinda a weird time to do comparisons of SW when we have so many games being bundled with consoles :/

Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort
NSMB Wii
Forza 3
GoW Collection
Uncharted 2
GoW 3
LBP...

And I'm probably missing a load too!

Carl2291 said:
atma998 said:

Oh and Wii software > PS360 software!

Kinda a weird time to do comparisons of SW when we have so many games being bundled with consoles :/

Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort
NSMB Wii
Forza 3
GoW Collection
Uncharted 2
GoW 3
LBP...

And I'm probably missing a load too!

Still amazing to see this kind of crazy numbers.

ethomaz said:
thx1139 said:

400k didn't count bundles and VGC had 473k for America... on spot.

There were bundles in NA (in the box, not some retailer thing)?

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.