By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Yay, I almost predicted DKCR 2nd week sales for America correctly !

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3791275

Around the Network

I think I'm going to hibernate until this holiday is over. It pains me to see PS3 getting its ass tossed.

thx1139 said:

YoY changes.

Wii 2009 925,000 so 590,000 is -36%

PS3 2009 218,000 so 210,000 is -4%

360 2009 236,000 so 450,000 is 91%

Not bad for PS3 after all, should be just up slightly YoY

I went out of the internetz for like three months and the Wii is still not dead? What a disappointment.

Jay520 said:

I think I'm going to hibernate until this holiday is over. It pains me to see PS3 getting its ass tossed.

You can come next year when starts to outsells Wii, again.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
thx1139 said:

YoY changes.

PS3 is only down by 4% YoY?

Then why the hell are PS3 fans in "Oh my god please hang me now!" mode?

Wii is down by 36% and Wii fans are acting like it's up by 200%!

I demand PS3 fans be happy!

CGI-Quality said:
Seece said:
thx1139 said:

YoY changes.

Not bad for PS3 after all, should be just up slightly YoY

Hmmm.....didn't realize this. It just looks so bad against it's competitors.

Not even that, last year PS3 was whipping 360's ass, 360 isn't laying that much damage this xmas (120k this week) and Wii is nowhere near dominating as much as it did before, will be down 400k YoY this week ..

I didn't realize how huge Wii sales would be this holiday. :O

Hope it somewhat last post-Christmas season.... :P

themanwithnoname said:
LivingMetal said:
themanwithnoname said:
LivingMetal said:
themanwithnoname said:
Ssliasil said:

Just goes to show how quality blind we American's are.  The rest of the world realises how amazing the PS3 is but Americans typically cant get past the word Halo in the dictionary, and when we do we generally get stuck at the phrase "PEW PEW PEW" which instinctivly makes us backstep back to the H's and begin talking wth Z's instead of S's on forums.

Oh America, how silly!

Implying people are dumb because they don't have the same tastes as you is rather silly, don't you think?

OT: Kinect over 3 million now. Look for it to keep on trucking and have a massive December.

Actually, I think I know where he's coming from.  In general it seems American as a culture are more prone to falling into hype while more than other cultures having a desire to satisfy instant gratification.  I'm not saying all American's are like this.  I'm just saying the American culture is sadly being push more and more towards this trend.

I just think the PS3 ran into a brick wall against the 360 and had nothing to fight it with.

That wall I'm referring to is Call of Duty, Halo, Fable, and Kinect, all of which are either exclusive or much more popular on the 360 in the Americas (I could've put Fallout in here too).

The PS3 didn't bring much to the holiday at all aside from GT5, which many people probably didn't realize was releasing, and isn't that popular in the Americas anyway, especially compared to all of the above. Only thing the PS3 really had other than that was Sly Cooper (PS2 remake) and Move games, which I think are all more popular in EMEAA.

Combine that with the fact that the Arcade 360 is still sitting there and $199, and I think that's the recipe for a pretty solid win for the 360 over the PS3 in the Americas. That being said, saying it's a "solid win" is a bit of an understatement when it's outselling the PS3 2:1, but you get my point.

Well with the games you were referring to two are shooters, and we know shooters are arguably the most popular genre (appealing to the masses) this gen in the Americas.  And Kinect is targeted to the casuals according to Microsoft.  So that right there supports Ssliasil's point.  But Fable is just hardcore in my book.  But you see where I'm coming from.  Besides, GT5 isn't doing too much for the PS3 in the Americas when compared to the Xbox 360.  But GT5 is a hardcore racing sim.  And Ssliasil might be bothered that the PS3 is in third, but why?  It's still an awesome console, and so is the Xbox 360.

I'd place a majority of the blame with GT5 on Sony's shoulders. I just don't understand how you can delay a game a few weeks before release, and then announce a new date a week and a half before it comes out, and honestly expect to maximize sales. Nintendo wouldn't do this to Mario, Microsoft wouldn't do this to Halo, and Activision wouldn't do this to Call of Duty, but Sony, for some reason, can't get its act together this generation, whether it be in marketing or just completely botching the release of its biggest franchise. I can't say how much bigger GT5 would've launched to if it weren't delayed, but I do think that really hurt it this holiday.

But yeah, I agree, both are good consoles, and it's good to see the industry rebounding this holiday, particularly in these hard times.

Good point.  And I do prefer the PS3, but GT5 does nothing for me.  Not a racer fan here.  Just me.

CGI-Quality said:
themanwithnoname said:

I'd place a majority of the blame with GT5 on Sony's shoulders. I just don't understand how you can delay a game a few weeks before release, and then announce a new date a week and a half before it comes out, and honestly expect to maximize sales. Nintendo wouldn't do this to Mario, Microsoft wouldn't do this to Halo, and Activision wouldn't do this to Call of Duty, but Sony, for some reason, can't get its act together this generation, whether it be in marketing or just completely botching the release of its biggest franchise. I can't say how much bigger GT5 would've launched to if it weren't delayed, but I do think that really hurt it this holiday.

We rarely agree man, but this is something I can't ignore. It's spot on. I'm truly stunned at PS3's numbers this week, FAR lower than they should be. Now GT wasn't ever really huge here, although it was big (in it's defense) and it will have some legs here (and maybe bundles too). But the release date issues (which also fall on Polyphony) are one of their biggest blunders this gen.

They could possibly be planning to advertise it for months after release like Rockstar used to do with GTA. Though, they can't do it too long before they run into LBP2 and KZ3 early next year. On a sidenote, I think LBP2 would've really helped the PS3 this holiday. That being said, the PS3 has a great lineup next year (hopefully no games get this same kind of treatment) and it could very likely get a pricecut next year as well, which would help it a whole lot in Americas.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.