By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
atma998 said:

Still amazing to see this kind of crazy numbers.

Indeed.

Selling 5 Million units of SW in a single week, even with a few bundles... Is simply amazing.

Around the Network

@everyone wondering why mariokartds is so high.

Mario kart ds is being bundled with  the nintendo Dsi XL mario bros 25th anniversary.

I am a nintendo fan, not a nintendo fanboy

LivingMetal said:
themanwithnoname said:
LivingMetal said:
themanwithnoname said:
Ssliasil said:

Just goes to show how quality blind we American's are.  The rest of the world realises how amazing the PS3 is but Americans typically cant get past the word Halo in the dictionary, and when we do we generally get stuck at the phrase "PEW PEW PEW" which instinctivly makes us backstep back to the H's and begin talking wth Z's instead of S's on forums.

Oh America, how silly!

Implying people are dumb because they don't have the same tastes as you is rather silly, don't you think?

OT: Kinect over 3 million now. Look for it to keep on trucking and have a massive December.

Actually, I think I know where he's coming from.  In general it seems American as a culture are more prone to falling into hype while more than other cultures having a desire to satisfy instant gratification.  I'm not saying all American's are like this.  I'm just saying the American culture is sadly being push more and more towards this trend.

I just think the PS3 ran into a brick wall against the 360 and had nothing to fight it with.

That wall I'm referring to is Call of Duty, Halo, Fable, and Kinect, all of which are either exclusive or much more popular on the 360 in the Americas (I could've put Fallout in here too).

The PS3 didn't bring much to the holiday at all aside from GT5, which many people probably didn't realize was releasing, and isn't that popular in the Americas anyway, especially compared to all of the above. Only thing the PS3 really had other than that was Sly Cooper (PS2 remake) and Move games, which I think are all more popular in EMEAA.

Combine that with the fact that the Arcade 360 is still sitting there and $199, and I think that's the recipe for a pretty solid win for the 360 over the PS3 in the Americas. That being said, saying it's a "solid win" is a bit of an understatement when it's outselling the PS3 2:1, but you get my point.

Well with the games you were referring to two are shooters, and we know shooters are arguably the most popular genre (appealing to the masses) this gen in the Americas.  And Kinect is targeted to the casuals according to Microsoft.  So that right there supports Ssliasil's point.  But Fable is just hardcore in my book.  But you see where I'm coming from.  Besides, GT5 isn't doing too much for the PS3 in the Americas when compared to the Xbox 360.  But GT5 is a hardcore racing sim.  And Ssliasil might be bothered that the PS3 is in third, but why?  It's still an awesome console, and so is the Xbox 360.

I'd place a majority of the blame with GT5 on Sony's shoulders. I just don't understand how you can delay a game a few weeks before release, and then announce a new date a week and a half before it comes out, and honestly expect to maximize sales. Nintendo wouldn't do this to Mario, Microsoft wouldn't do this to Halo, and Activision wouldn't do this to Call of Duty, but Sony, for some reason, can't get its act together this generation, whether it be in marketing or just completely botching the release of its biggest franchise. I can't say how much bigger GT5 would've launched to if it weren't delayed, but I do think that really hurt it this holiday.

But yeah, I agree, both are good consoles, and it's good to see the industry rebounding this holiday, particularly in these hard times.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Seece said:
Carl2291 said:
Seece said:

Lost my bet by 4k -_-

60k, forgot Japan.

Not 100% sure... But I think this is your new avatar.

Or maybe the Bieber one...

She's pretty, I love her scarf!

I wanna b her hands

My fellow PS3 fans, these are hard times. Hardware is very low. But Software tells another story. 

God of War Collection (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment
55 95,810 1,472,692
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
60 91,610 2,134,860
God of War III (PS3)
38 80,808 2,155,508
LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
111 36,664 2,002,9
inFamous (PS3)
80 22,439 1,038,432
Killzone 2 (PS3)
93 17,223 1,209,795
Demon's Souls (PS3)
Atlus
61 11,512 464,269

Let's all celebrate at these numbers.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
themanwithnoname said:
Ssliasil said:

Just goes to show how quality blind we American's are.  The rest of the world realises how amazing the PS3 is but Americans typically cant get past the word Halo in the dictionary, and when we do we generally get stuck at the phrase "PEW PEW PEW" which instinctivly makes us backstep back to the H's and begin talking wth Z's instead of S's on forums.

Oh America, how silly!

Implying people are dumb because they don't have the same tastes as you is rather silly, don't you think?

OT: Kinect over 3 million now. Look for it to keep on trucking and have a massive December.

Actually, I think I know where he's coming from.  In general it seems American as a culture are more prone to falling into hype while more than other cultures having a desire to satisfy instant gratification.  I'm not saying all American's are like this.  I'm just saying the American culture is sadly being push more and more towards this trend.

Some people need tissues

- Good second week for GT5

- Wii and DS with another 1 Million week

- 360 and Kinect doing really well

- PS3 doing good but I expected it to be around the 250,000 mark. What was it last year ?

- Alright PSP numbers. 

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

YoY changes.

Wii 2009 925,000 so 590,000 is -36%

PS3 2009 218,000 so 210,000 is -4%

360 2009 236,000 so 450,000 is 91%

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Wii almost outsells both consoles. Is over DS. And have 6 games on the top 10. It has the less drop % coming from BF. But even with all these good things, is down by a large margin.

Also, GT5 almost out of the top 10 chart (Americas).

It seems the dark times is over for Ninty fans...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

thx1139 said:
ethomaz said:
thx1139 said:

Weird to see GT5 numbers for week 1 adjusted up after the NPD numbers released had GT5 at 400K.

400k didn't count bundles and VGC had 473k for America... on spot.

There were bundles in NA (in the box, not some retailer thing)?

VGC to NPD diff = 70k = Canada plus Mexico plus LA plus GT5 bundle = on spot