By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Predict Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception's sales

Tagged games:

There's a GOOD chance the PS3 price would be cut down to $200 by October 2011 (just like the Slim price cut happened just in time for Uncharted 2), and I think that would benefit PS3 and the U3 sales mutually and very significantly.

I also think the game being in 3D will also play a major role for Sony 3DTVs and the PS3. I'm looking at a BIG investment on marketing and advertising because of this. By the end of 2011 3DTVs will be receiving a major push at retail, price tags would be down considerably and PS3-3DTV-Game-Glasses combos will be very common. Uncharted 3 is going to be a 3D killer app, definitely, and Sony is going to exploit that.

If the game delivers at least the expected AAA quality, I'd say it should easily exceed sales expectations. It's way too early to call, but considering all the factors I've mentioned, it should outsell Uncharted 2 sales with ample headspace.

@CGI  I don't think there'll be any whispers about PS4 anytime next year, and even if there was, or the system were to be announced at E3 2012 or something (highly unlikely), I doubt that would play any role in diminishing Uncharted 3 sales. I consider a $200 PS3 having a quite bigger positive impact going for U3 next year and for 2012.

Around the Network

5mil plus LT easy! deserves 20mil plus tho

and guys is it just me or that pic on the table, was it Lawrance of Arabia?

here I found the original

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

1.4M First Week

5.5-6M Lifetime Sales.

I think 1 mill sounds reasonable. It's a shame it doesn't sell 1.5 mill first week though.

4 million lifetime is guaranteed while 5 million is almost out of reach. It's narrow margins for Drake.

CGI-Quality said:
pezus said:
CGI-Quality said:
pezus said:
CGI-Quality said:

And this will probably be a PS3-only franchise, which I would think could maximize sales. Then again, Naughty Dog have never had quite a hit franchise before, so they may choose to continue it on PS4.

Regardless, this is one of those franchsies that's so hard to find many flaws in.

Wasn't Crash a big hit?

Indeed, but it didn't grow much after the original, and wasn't Naughty Dog's.

But all all main Naughty Dog-Crash games sold around 7 million! I would call that a big hit. Crash Team Racing sold almost 5 million. It was a huge franchise when Naughty Dog had it.

But it wasn't their's is what I'm saying. Naughty Dog never owned the IPs. I'm talking strictly Naughty Dog's, Uncharted is their biggest hit. Crash is a big PS1 hit, not a big Naughty Dog hit. They just developed it.

But Naughty Dog is owned by Sony right?

Or could Uncharted potentially go mutliplatform one day?

Around the Network

I say 1.5 million FW and 6 million LT. On a side note, im very impressed of naughty dog. 2 years development for each of those game is quite an achievement considering the level of quality they are able to push with a 299$ gaming console.

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

I think 1 mill sounds reasonable. It's a shame it doesn't sell 1.5 mill first week though.

4 million lifetime is guaranteed while 5 million is almost out of reach. It's narrow margins for Drake.

Huh? Have you seen Uncharted 2's sales, after just a year?

U mean Thieves can reach 6 million?

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:

But it wasn't their's is what I'm saying. Naughty Dog never owned the IPs. I'm talking strictly Naughty Dog's, Uncharted is their biggest hit. Crash is a big PS1 hit, not a big Naughty Dog hit. They just developed it.

But Naughty Dog is owned by Sony right?

Or could Uncharted potentially go mutliplatform one day?

I see I'm not making myself clear:

Naughty Dog has never had a hit with quite the buzz/reception of Uncharted. What I mean is, they developed Crash, but it was never theirs nor Sony's. This time, it's theirs (Sony's), and is held in higher regard than Crash Bandicoot. If I say Naughty Dog, I'm essentially talking about Sony, as they are one.

Make sense?

bummer.

Yeah that makes sense, thank you.

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

5 million is a guarantee, but 6 million isn't impossible.

6 million is a huge number. Gears of War level.

It certainly deserves that. I wish Uncharted sales would be more frontloaded though! (because of the relatively higher revenue per copy sold they'd get).

Off topic: how much trophies, as a %-age do you have in UC 1 and UC2?

Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

5 million is a guarantee, but 6 million isn't impossible.

6 million is a huge number. Gears of War level.

you do realize that UC2 is over 4mil with just over an year? Heck I wouldn't be shocked if UC2 hit 6mil by the end of the gen itself. UC3 5mil is a given, bigger install base, possibly one of the best games of all time = must have title. Same situation with UC2

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!