By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Predict Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception's sales

Tagged games:

CGI-Quality said:
A203D said:
CGI-Quality said:
ElGranCabeza said:
CGI-Quality said:

I doubt that's really an issue here, but OK.

How is it not an issue? If it wasn't for piracy, GOW and GOW2 would have probably sold 7-8 million on PS2 each.

Because if it were an issue on PLAYSTATION 3, there'd be something to worry about. But what happened to God of War I & II mean nothing to Uncharted 3.

And try to remain on topic. Thanks.

I dont know about 7 or 8 million, those numbers a bit high imo. i think maybe 4 or 5 tbh. because GOW1 came out after the mad rush of PS2 exclusives, like FF10, GTA3, MGS2. so it never had a chance because it already came and went in the shadow of those games.

oh and i'm gonna be bold and say about 8 mil lifetime for UC3, if its bundled. why?? because i think by the time it releases, it could come with a PS3 price cut in the 2012 new year, and create huge sales for the console next year. UC2 did great things for PS3, and UC3 will do the same next year imo.

You raise an interesting thought: a Fall 2011 PS3 price cut, slimmer model, & Uncharted 3 could mean massive numbers.

UC3 will be s system seller imho, ND have established themselves now as one of the best developers in the world, the success of UC2 i think, will make this game a big system seller in the US, where PS3 is still relatively weak.

not Japan, because FF is the most popular PS3 franchise there, and in the EU, its GT, but definitly in the US, real oppertunity there for the title to become a huge system seller imo.

Around the Network

The info you wrote about U3 made me cum CGI. Thats all I came here for to say...

ElGranCabeza said:
zuvuyeay said:

well i don't know yet but 

UDF  1st wk 133,078   10 wk 1,038,557   LTD 3,372,087

U2     1st wk 850,,023  10wk  2,346,279   LTD 4,054,992

U3      ?? 

Uncharted 3 will also be fighting piracy though.

No, that was only in Uncharted 1

I don't think they'll be making a return

CGI-Quality said:
Aldro said:

The info you wrote about U3 made me cum CGI. Thats all I came here for to say...

Just understand the bolded and you feel like the internet on Dec 9, 2010!

ROFL

CGI-Quality said:
gekkokamen said:
CGI-Quality said:
gekkokamen said:

Crash Bandicoot wasn't owned by ND, but that doesn't mean it wasn't ND's hit. That's their game, they developed it, big deal if they didn't own it, it's a big part of their resume and they had everything to do with it. Hell, Crash Bandicoot even holds the record for a non-japanese developed game to make a major breakthrough in Japan! that alone says a lot of the big hit Crash was, and that was indeed  BIGGER THAN UNCHARTED, if I may say so because it's a fact, numbers are there. Sure, now the success is even sweeter and legit, but Crash Bandicoot MADE Naughty Dog, make no mistake about that.

Buzz & reception also include what players thought, reviews, etc. While Crash did sell more, it DID NOT have the same reception, all around, that Uncharted has. The Uncharted brand is considered to be the premiere brand on the PS3. Crash, while big, lost a bit of that PS1 love when games like Final Fantasy VII, MGS, Resident Evil, and Gran Turismo came on the scene. It wasn't the defining franchise on PS1, as Uncharted is for PS3.

Basically, this is Naughty Dog's true hit. I will give Crash the credit for getting their foot in the door, but they will always be known from here on out for Uncharted before anything else. Bear in mind that Uncharted also has the advantage of time (era).

Well, of course. You speak the truth...Now, what would you like to see in this new Drake adventure? What would you improve (from U2), what would you change, and anything innovative to add to the gameplay you can think of?

Excellent questions.

I think I'd maybe improve the story a bit, give me more foliage (much like Drake's Fortune), I want more options for melee & stealth, MUCH more platforming (not like UC2 lacked it, but it's so damn fun), and keep Drake alive

Other than that, I'm sure we'll all be overly impressed.

I would like to see some more alternate routes in the levels.

I'd like the return of deadly traps kinda like the ones in Drake's Fortune but adapted to the new environments and settings.

I'd love it if they could work MELEE WEAPONS into the game. Maybe throwing daggers, a hunter knife, or new non-lethal weapons for stealth purposes.

Something crazy: FPS sections. They could work for some action scenarios, a small part of them, though. Think of GOW3's first person view bits but more interactive and in full control.

Some things to improve: Multiplayer. More and more awesome co-op missions. Improved Matchmaking and not so many damn version patches adjusting and tweaking gameplay.

Multiplayer: Stealth-based/tactical modes.

Multiplayer: Character customization. Wishful thinking, but it could add lots of flavor. And not just cosmetical aspects, but gameplay stats also, level/award based.

Single Player: I know it's being dragged to death, but it would be truly innovative if they could make (somehow) posibble for your AI partners to get killed. That would require for better AI for those characters helping you (and no revive mechanic would fit or work for the game, no), and make them better shooters too (not make them win the fights for you, but at least be more helpful drawing the fire and actually killing a couple of enemies. It would be awesome if they ran out of ammo too, but that's pushing it a little, although I don't see it impossible).

Single Player: Make Drake look like he's really hurt. I know, I know, Uncharted isn't meant to be realistic at all, it's a game and it works and it's fun like that. But would it be a extreme deviation for the gameplay to change just a bit the way Nathan reacts to gunshots? Yeah he will regenerate magically if allowed the time, but what if during those brief  monochromatic, heart-pounding moments Drake is somehow incapable of shooting so well, running, etc? It's a big change I know, and I'm sure ND wouldn't touch it, not a chance...but just imagine it, and I'm talking this would be equal for all characters, enemies included. It would be way more dramatic, I think.

Well that's all I can think of for now.

Around the Network

FW :
NA : 750, 000 - 800,000
EMEAA : 650,000 - 750,000
Japan : 60,000 - 65,000

Total = 1.5 - 1.6 Million

Lifetime :
NA : 3.0 Million
EMEAA : 2.7 Million
Japan : 95,000 - 100,000

Total = 5.7 - 5.8 Million

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

nope, when Uncharted 1 sold about 2.3 mil then Uncharted 2 was announced and that number is now like 3.4ish SO Uncharted 2 is at 4mil.. so lets say that will get to 5million short after U3 releases.. SO my Lifetime sales of Uncharted 3 i say will be... hold on to your hats... 6.8million. 

Launch week with STRONG advertising: 2.000.000

No atvertising: 1.100.000

just a guess

Too early to say.

First week 1.17M

EMEAA: 500K

Japan: 70K

Americas: 600K

LT = 5M

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

CGI-Quality said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

Too early to say.

Just guess. We can at least have an idea of what to consider.

But I just find it "safer" to predict close  to release cause were getting pre-order data to base our predictions on.

I said "SAFER" cause yeh well you know ppl here in VGC likes to hunt those who are wrong may it be a small or big difference.=.=

THEN AGAIN we ps3 fans did it with Uncharted 2 LOL!