By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Predict Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception's sales

Tagged games:

CGI-Quality said:
leatherhat said:
CGI-Quality said:

This is going to have quite a launch, may even rival the buzz of God of War III.

I think it will surpass it

Could. I mean, Kratos IS bug, but Drake and the Uncharted franchise seem to have taken front and center on the PlayStation platform, in the 3rd person action genre. Guess we'll know soon enough.

There's something about uncharted that really makes people love it, its won over more fans for playstation this gen then anything else

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

Damn this is really soon, but i'll do some crazy predictions anyway :P

First Week: US - 600k / JP - 50k / EMEAA - 600K = WW - 1.25M

First Month: US - 1M / JP - 100k / EMEAA - 1M = WW - 2.10M

LTD: US - 2.75M / JP - 250k / EMEAA - 2.5M = 5.5M

BTW, it looks like Sony will advertise this game as hell, it will be the contender for GeoW3 next year, you can already see the hype behind it, Blog.us.playstation.com has its background and first page covered with U3, Spike will have the world premiere, the next day, Sony will have an event coverage with the game, Jimmy Fallon will have it in its show, showing the first gameplay moments... it looks like we'll see a lot of hype behind this game.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Already?  Come on the game was just announced.  Settle down haha.  

What I can say, is that thanks to Uncharted 2, the series is regarded now as a premiere franchise that is one of the best in the industry.  So this could really rally up more first week support compared to that of Uncharted 2.  Also, based on the sales over time, it does seem the mainstream gamers recognize it as a prominent Playstation franchise.  So this really has a chance to be a much bigger seller than previous ones in the series.

I think some factors that will determine sales will be status of the multiplayer.  If they can really get a game that comes off as a premiere PS3 only multiplayer title, similar to that of Gears on 360, then they could have a big hit.  Especially if that multiplayer includes split screen and cooperative play.  

fw 1.6 mil

LT 5.5 mil

all i care about is the one copy i'll buy. the rest can go to hell :)

Around the Network

1.3 million first week

5.6 million lifetime.

all i know is that it will do 4M end of 2011

been saying that since U2 did over 2M end of last year

Play Me

Depends on two factors:

How good the multiplayer is:  Over 5 million

and whether or not the microscopic rumors are true about A Snake and Drake team up:  Gran Turismo becomes Sony's 2nd biggest franchise. 

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

cant wait!! god i hope ND outdo themseleves again

5 million plus I reckon if it matches Among Thieves levels of reviews and quality.  They've said they're going to take the MP to another level so that should also help in US/EMEAA to make it much more attractive.

Don't forget PS3 is tailing 360 by at least a year on the market, there's no reason for sales of premier (and growing in popularity) titles to sell less.

I'd also note that by far the majority of gamers though Thieves was better in every way - as a new franchise on Playstation I see no reason it won't keep growing in popularity if they can keep raising the bar.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...