By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The Official Political Compass Thread - Where do you lie?

The Official Political Compass Thread - Where do you lie?

Top Right 11 10.48%

Top Left 9 8.57%

Bottom Right 18 17.14%

Bottom Left 58 55.24%

Centre 9 8.57%

Total:105
Leunam said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Leunam said:

You almost hit the bullseye

Haha, I know.

Now that you reminded me, can anyone explain what these results actually mean? I think I'm the only one who can't interpret these things.

Anything left means your a dirty, dirty communist and on the right means you're a fun loving awesomesauce capitalist.

Okay ignore that, I know generally what they mean but I'm not the right guy to explain them.

Around the Network
Leunam said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Leunam said:

Haha, I know.

Now that you reminded me, can anyone explain what these results actually mean? I think I'm the only one who can't interpret these things.

The further right you are, the more you believe in the free market, the further left you are, the less so. The further up you are, the more you believe in strong government, the further down you are, the less so

To go with living people, Kim Jong-Il belongs in the top left, the Dalai Lama in the bottom left, Vladimir Putin in the top right, and Ron Paul in the bottom right

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Leunam said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Leunam said:

Haha, I know.

The further right you are, the more you believe in the free market, the further left you are, the less so. The further up you are, the more you believe in strong government, the further down you are, the less so

To go with living people, Kim Jong-Il belongs in the top left, the Dalai Lama in the bottom left, Vladimir Putin in the top right, and Ron Paul in the bottom right

Ron Paul would be centre-right. Someone like Ayn Rand would be bottom-right.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Yup, seems about right.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Kantor said:
Mr Khan said:
Leunam said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Leunam said:

Haha, I know.

Ron Paul would be centre-right. Someone like Ayn Rand would be bottom-right.

It's hard to come up with hardcore bottom-right people, i've noticed Political Compass themselves don't have any notable figures down there

Around the Network

meh, I really don't care what the compass is or who shares my views. I don't even know if I agree with the results.

Economic:  -9.25
Social:  -4.77

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Economic Left/Right: -7.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.13

Hmm... maybe?

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Mr Khan said:
Leunam said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Leunam said:

Haha, I know.

A little bit off.

The right/left axis is in concerns to economic freedom. Being far left means that you believe the government should control more aspects of the economy, and distribute the money to those who need it (e.g. communism). Far right means that the government should have no role in the economy whatsoever (pure capitalism). Everything in between are various shades of what the government should control.

The north/south axis is in regards to social control by the government. The north end favors more government controls on morality, speech and other such issues. The south end favors no regulations of morality, or social control.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Mr Khan said:
Leunam said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Leunam said:

Haha, I know.

A little bit off.

The right/left axis is in concerns to economic freedom. Being far left means that you believe the government should control more aspects of the economy, and distribute the money to those who need it (e.g. communism). Far right means that the government should have no role in the economy whatsoever (pure capitalism). Everything in between are various shades of what the government should control.

The north/south axis is in regards to social control by the government. The north end favors more government controls on morality, speech and other such issues. The south end favors no regulations of morality, or social control.

So that's why i keep ending up down in the bottom-left. I have strong beliefs in social egalitarianism (like the question "the government should have no say with what goes on between consenting adults in the bedroom"), and they interpret that stand as bottom, when i really believe in a state that would militantly enforce these freedoms

That explains a lot. Thanks