By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The Official Political Compass Thread - Where do you lie?

The Official Political Compass Thread - Where do you lie?

Top Right 11 10.48%

Top Left 9 8.57%

Bottom Right 18 17.14%

Bottom Left 58 55.24%

Centre 9 8.57%

Total:105
Kantor said:
Kasz216 said:

Well time to see if i've moved at all.  (even though i forget where i was in the first place exactly)

You're further left than I would have imagined. To me, you've always come across as being a hardcore capitalist like myself.

It's probably because i tend to belive in a "spinning plate" economy.  Don't bother looking it up because i just made it up.  Though basically, little regulation and low taxation to make sure the plates keep spinning... but make sure you have a free hand so that you can steady it incase it wobbles. (As some large buisnesses can get pretty corrupt.)

That and I rarely "strongly agree" on things.

Around the Network

Maybe it's the questions or my mood or maybe I have changed a little, but in other tests I normally end up as a right wing conservative.

In my country I go for the right winged liberals, though even those are far more left-winged that even the American Democrats.

I answered extremes on economics that averaged out to moderate, because I believe in a very free market that is kept free by proactive regulation of monopolies and environmental protection.

Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95

Tease.

Their questions always tend to skew me towards left-bottom, when i feel in my heart that i'm a left top, as a lot of the questions about gay rights, criminal rights, free expression, etc., skew me away from Communism and towards Anarchism

EDIT: forgot to add it

I mean, i'm hanging out past the Dalai Lama, when i'm rather more sympathetic with the views of Mao than the Tibetans

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I'm the only one in the top left so far

I think I stayed in the same spot last time, or around it.

Just as I expected, basically Left-Libertarian. While I share qualities of both, I favor Libertarianism over Liberalism more in economic matters, while I favor liberalism in more social matters. I guess you can say I'm also somewhat conservative in the sense that I believe strictly in following the constitution.  I plan on voting for Ron Paul if he should run in 2012.

Kantor said:
Chairman-Mao said:

One of only three right-wing (top or bottom) people in this thread is named after a Communist dictator. Hmmm...

lmao good observation! I'm shocked how left wing VG is so far.

Leunam said:

You almost hit the bullseye