By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 (America) sales compared to GT4 and GT3

ethomaz said:
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:
Hyruken said:

Gaf say GT5 sold 400k for november.

So we have it 70k overtracked here. Unless it did 70k bundles. Which you would think would be possible. But would mean a high number of that weeks console sales were the GT5 bundle.

You do realize NPD only tracks the US, yes?

Do you realize thats entirely false? 87% of Americas sales are US, the other 13% is Canada and South America.

470 - 13% = 408k? And there are GT5 bundles in US not tracked by NPD.

Uh, there are no US GT5 bundles.

Around the Network
pezus said:
aznable said:

NSMBWii is heavy bundled and at least here in italy heavly advertised. i didnt wanted to say that a game that is realeased under the holidays will have bad sales, but the sales will be distribuited in a different way

I expect the same for GT5, probably next year ;)

maybe heavy bundled if the interest in the game will be exausted, i dont think sony want to kill the sales of end 2011 games. on the paper they have a lot of exclusive for the next year.

gt5 isnt advertised now, i dont think it will be advertised next year (in italy of course)

ethomaz said:
Michael-5 said:
ethomaz said:
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:
Hyruken said:

So we have it 70k overtracked here. Unless it did 70k bundles. Which you would think would be possible. But would mean a high number of that weeks console sales were the GT5 bundle.

Do you realize thats entirely false? 87% of Americas sales are US, the other 13% is Canada and South America.

OH FIDDLESTICKS!, I missread NDP for VGChartz. SORRY!!

Yea, now I'm on track with you guys.

Also what GT5 bundles? The limited collectors edition PS3 with a signed faceplate? I live in Canada, so you guys may have had some bundles at Target or something, but other then that limited edition, I didn't see no bundles.

PS3 120GB GT5 Best Buy Bundle.

Didn't see them on this side of the border. Anywho I don't deny the numbers.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

TheFogOfWar said:
Michael-5 said:

Now Black Friday sales don't boost week 1 sales for GT5, well what about week 2? It's also about half GT4 numbers.

GT5 will sell fine in EMEAA, but with much weaker Americas and Japan regional sales, the game will not sell as well as prior installments. 7-10 million seems right IMO, but lets wait for more data, say 10 weeks?

I'm just not going to get into further debate, most of the people in this thread already agree with what I'm saying.

Most agreeing is not really ever a good sign, most though BF would be some big sales.  But how did anyone see a fully priced game selling great on the years biggest discount day ? makes no sense at all. 

Will sale the same, lower sales in NA and Japan will be of set by Europe.  Will happen becasue PS3s strongest marklet is the most pro GT.  Had NA and Japan took high majority of ww PS3 sales and left Europe in the dust it would have been catastrophic for GT sales.  

Just look at last week, Em whatever seriouly out sold NA/Japan.   This is wicked good for future GT sales.

Black Ops and Assassin's Creed sold full price, and they did well, so I dunno what your talking about. Either way GT5 sales are still lower then Black Ops and it's only week 2. figures speak for themselves...

Anyway, I'm just not going to debate with you. Beleive what you want, I've made my point, most people agree, I'm happy with that. :P

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

pezus said:
aznable said:
pezus said:

So...just like NSMBWii then? ;)

NSMBWii is heavy bundled and at least here in italy heavly advertised. i didnt wanted to say that a game that is realeased under the holidays will have bad sales, but the sales will be distribuited in a different way

I expect the same for GT5, probably next year ;)

Do you think they will bundle GT5 with that Blue PS3 Japan got? That would be funny, and awesome.

I think the only way GT5 can compare with prior GT's is with some bundling, and it will likely get something in Americas or EMEAA. This is Sony's tradmark franchise, but I dunno if it will be as extensive as NSMB.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Michael-5 said:
ethomaz said:
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:
Hyruken said:

OH FIDDLESTICKS!, I missread NDP for VGChartz. SORRY!!

Yea, now I'm on track with you guys.

Also what GT5 bundles? The limited collectors edition PS3 with a signed faceplate? I live in Canada, so you guys may have had some bundles at Target or something, but other then that limited edition, I didn't see no bundles.

PS3 120GB GT5 Best Buy Bundle.

These "bundles" are reserved for the $1300/1700/2200 Bravia deals.  They were a Black Friday exclusive promotion, only at Best Buy, this is probably whatever excess stock this store had left afterward.  This isn't an "available" bundle per se, and it's production run was likely four figures.

i think most of its fans have switched to forza since 360 were much popular in US..

American sales week 2:  GT5 had a more than 60% drop-off in sale 

Ali-Kharazi said:

I'd say this is amazing especially considering that GT4 launched when the PS2 install base was 3 times that of the PS3's now.

Or maybe  GT4 launched as the second game to come out on that system. Being the first GT on the PS2, GT3 trounced 4 solely because it was the first one on the system and had the most 'wow' factor.

GT5 has that 'first game of the generation' syndrome while GT4 didn't.

The BuShA owns all!

Judging a GT title by first week sales. Congratulations!