By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bought a Gameboy Color. Any game suggestions?

these arent GameBoy Color games but will work with the System: Donkey Kong (Not Country or land just Donkey Kong) Kwirk (a very fun puzzle game), Gargoyle's Quest (You play as the bad guy From the Ghosts n goblins game), any Pokemon, Game and Watch games are good, Super Mario Land 1 and 2, Wario Land 1, 2, 3 (2 and 3 are color games ). GameBoy is such a fun handheld and theres many great games for it.

Around the Network

Don't forget:
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Metal Gear Solid

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Thanks for the replies guys, what genre are the Zelda games? RPG? Never played a Zelda game before.

To answer a few questions as to why I'm buying a GB Color, put it down to a spurr of the moment kinda thing.

Slightly off topic but; I'm also contemplating buying a N64, but that would mean I would have to take away one of three machines I have hooked up to my TV (PS3, PS2, Wii) it would likely be a trade, a Nintendo system for a Nintendo system, I just couldn't bare taking down my Ps2, I still play it alot. And as I have a few games lined up for the Wii during the Christmas period. The purchase of a N64 would be probably a couple of months after Christmas, but could you answer me this? What sort of connection does the N64 have? Would it hook up to a HDTV without any problems?

TrevDaRev said:

Thanks for the replies guys, what genre are the Zelda games? RPG? Never played a Zelda game before.

To answer a few questions as to why I'm buying a GB Color, put it down to a spurr of the moment kinda thing.

Slightly off topic but; I'm also contemplating buying a N64, but that would mean I would have to take away one of three machines I have hooked up to my TV (PS3, PS2, Wii) it would likely be a trade, a Nintendo system for a Nintendo system, I just couldn't bare taking down my Ps2, I still play it alot. And as I have a few games lined up for the Wii during the Christmas period. The purchase of a N64 would be probably a couple of months after Christmas, but could you answer me this? What sort of connection does the N64 have? Would it hook up to a HDTV without any problems?

The 2d Zelda games are Action-Adventure games.  You explore an overworld and various dungeons with a top down perspective and battle enemies in real time and on the same screen.

As for the N64, I would only get one if you want to play the games made by RARE. I say this all pretty much all the other great N64 games (with the exception of Mischief Makers, the 64DD lot and probably some more I've forgotten) are available on the Wii's virtual console for decent prices (£7 assuming you buy using Wii points from the shop channel), you can also get import games such as Sin and Punishment and Ogre Battle 64 which were never localised originally (but for £8.40).

ummm

Seriously u havent played pokemon  O_o... get pokemon yellow for sure!! 

Around the Network

Harry Potter 1 and 2!

Before your next breath, buy Pokemon Red, Blue, a Japanese version of Green, Yellow, Gold, Silver, a Japanese version of Crystal if have a cell phone adapter (or something along those lines) and want to get Celebi, Pokemon Pinball, Pokemon TCG and another GBC as well as a Link Cable so that you can trade between games.

Trust me, it's worth it, :D.

Oh, and you can get some of those other, not as epic, non-Pokemon games, :P.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

get the zelda games they are mint, the seasons zelda games will be very costly though

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

KingKold said:

A Gameboy Color? Seriously?

I remember the best game ever for the Gameboy Color being Pokemon, wasting countless hours of my life.

There was also Yugioh Dark Duel Stories which I enjoyed (but the rules don't follow that of the actual Yugioh rules)

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons has to be one of my all time favourites.

Robopon; Metal Walker (I think that's what it was called); and Lufia were also great.

This, You NEED to play Pokemon, plus YuGiOh. I spent most of my summer several several years ago waking up early and playing that YuGiOh game.

Pokemon and Super Mario Land are the games that define the gameboy.

Get them before you get anything else!

I LOVE ICELAND!