By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts - Week 48

So 265k(UK) 235k(France) 92(Spain) 20k(Finland first day) 100k(Italy)=712k

EMEAA = 1174k(VGC) - 712k = 462k

Only 462k with Germany Portugal Netherlands .....rest Europe Africa Asia Australia ?

Around the Network

italy was about 100k i remember

John_Doe said:

italy was about 100k i remember

http://n4g.com/news/656910/gran-turismo-5-sold-over-100-thousand-copies-in-italy

so between 100-120k in italy, then...

pezus said:
ivanpgcs said:

Only 462k with Germany Portugal Netherlands .....rest Europe Africa Asia Australia ?

Yes, and Italy was actually "over 100k" so it could be anywhere from 100-150k I think. I think EMEAA fw sales are undertracked maybe a tiny bit, probably around 100k.

yeah probably but not much more going by these numbers. Though 100k are still in the margin of error.

Germany is a smaller gaming market than France so 190k there (assuming same attach rate as France) and Portugal and Netherlands together might be as big as Spain.

Attach rates:

EMEAA (VGC numbers): 5.9%
UK: 7.5%
France:  8.46%
Italy: 5.36% (for 100k)

Around the Network

So if GT5 dropped by 61% this week in UK that means 39% of 265k which if my maths is right is 103k. Which is still pretty good.

If UK was the top selling country for GT5 in EMEAA as looks likely and we apply that drop to last weeks numbers would be a 2nd week for EMEAA of 457k. Which is 85k down on GT4's 2nd week in the region. But of course that is if the drop is the same for the other countries too. If it did do 457k that is pretty awesome. To put that into context it would of beaten MW2 and Black Ops' 2nd week on PS3 in EMEAA. Of course it could end up being lower then that though.

DK opened low, but it will do better next week.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Hyruken said:

So if GT5 dropped by 61% this week in UK that means 39% of 265k which if my maths is right is 103k. Which is still pretty good.

If UK was the top selling country for GT5 in EMEAA as looks likely and we apply that drop to last weeks numbers would be a 2nd week for EMEAA of 457k. Which is 85k down on GT4's 2nd week in the region. But of course that is if the drop is the same for the other countries too. If it did do 457k that is pretty awesome. To put that into context it would of beaten MW2 and Black Ops' 2nd week on PS3 in EMEAA. Of course it could end up being lower then that though.

Not necessarily. Sony said they were expecting extremely good legs in Italy and Spain. They projected total sales in Spain would be triple the first week by the end of the year and more than double in Italy (more than 100k first week, 250 by the end of the year). And I would imagine they're expecting similar results in Germany and France since their GT fanbase is much bigger than the UK. France's first shipment alone, 555k standalone plus bundles, is probably close to what the game will sell lifetime in the UK.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

GT5 kept the first place everywhere.

The LEGZ start now.

Barozi said:
pezus said:
ivanpgcs said:

Yes, and Italy was actually "over 100k" so it could be anywhere from 100-150k I think. I think EMEAA fw sales are undertracked maybe a tiny bit, probably around 100k.

yeah probably but not much more going by these numbers. Though 100k are still in the margin of error.

Germany is a smaller gaming market than France so 190k there (assuming same attach rate as France) and Portugal and Netherlands together might be as big as Spain.

Attach rates:

EMEAA (VGC numbers): 5.9%
UK: 7.5%
France:  8.46%
Italy: 5.36% (for 100k)

No Germany is equal or bigger than France for Gran Turismo series.

Over 200k (like France) is my bet for Germany.