By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Trolling GFWL is still trolling.

I downloaded Age of Empires III for 10 Cents and it worked perfectly for me. No problems at all. I don't get the rant-mode.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

I downloaded Age of Empires III for 10 Cents and it worked perfectly for me. No problems at all. I don't get the rant-mode.

I got Portal for free, which i a much better game in a much better service.

The reason there's "trolling" (more like the truth) is that Microsoft has tried over and over to screw PC gamers, from making us pay a subscription for GFWL, to closing their PC-centric studios like Ensemble.

thranx said:
twesterm said:

I stopped reading when you said M$, I can't really take anyone seriously that writes that.

Lucky you. I should start doing that

Me too. It really is uneccessary and a pet peeve. I mean, how much harder is to to type MS than M$? Actually, it seems slightly easier.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
thranx said:
twesterm said:

I stopped reading when you said M$, I can't really take anyone seriously that writes that.

Lucky you. I should start doing that

Me too. It really is uneccessary and a pet peeve. I mean, how much harder is to to type MS than M$? Actually, it seems slightly easier.

M$ can be quite fitting though. A rose by any other name...

DirtyP2002 said:

AoE 3 isn't a GfWL-'enabled' game.

Also, GfWL is shit. Thatt's not trolling, it sucks balls, it's fucking awful. No matter how good XBox Live is and how much of an MS groupie you are- and considering I'm a .Net and SQL Server programmer, I'm a pretty fucking big MS groupie- GfWL is rubbish. If it wasn't so utterly despised, developers would be queuing up round the block to use it. They're not. Know why? It's shit.

Around the Network
shio said:
DirtyP2002 said:

The reason there's "trolling" (more like the truth) is that Microsoft has tried over and over to screw PC gamers, from making us pay a subscription for GFWL, to closing their PC-centric studios like Ensemble.

wait you didn't have Portal before May of this year ? That's pretty poor.

Barozi said:
shio said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I did. But now I have 2 copies, one for each of my Steam accounts.

Barozi said:
shio said:
DirtyP2002 said:

he could have had it on consoles

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Mr Puggsly said:

Well I'll explain since you can't seem to do the math yourself.

When was the last time MS published a PC game? 2007 I believe.

This in itself is a problem. How are PC gamers meant to take MS seriously if everything points towards them completely disregarding PC.?

People would pay for GFWL if MS offered strong online games. Unfortunately, they don't offer much so charging for online play on the PC was hardly justified.

If MS ever charges for online play on the PC again I just hope they can justify it by offering strong exclusive games that require Live.

No they wouldn't. This is the PC space we're talking about where playing online has been free for over 15 years. Look at all the competition from Valve alone Counterstrike Source, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Team Fortress 2, Day of Defeat. Even Call of Duty now requires Steam.How exactly are MS going to compete with that?

MS tried to offer strong online games in Halo 2 and Shadowrun. Unfortunately, they don't seem to take the PC seriously and failed miserably. They continue to be in two minds about what to do in the PC space.

Your logic is all wrong. Valve didn't steal anything, developers went to Steam because the masses use Steam. Just recently MS decided to get GFW off the ground by adding a ton of games, deals of the week, the occasional daily deal, etc. As you can its creating a lot of buzz.

Steam gained customer because it's a good service. Everything MS are doing are short-term solutions to a long term problem. There's a lot more they need to do. The buzz generated so far is minimal at best.

Also, you must admit MS did something really smart over the years. They got developers to make GFW a requirement for several popular games. Some of those being popular titles on Steam. A brilliant way to make GFW relevant even for people who use other download services.

Actually, this has had a negative PR effect. Yes it forced gamers to use the service, but at a time when the service was very poor (it still is to be honest) which creates resentment for being forced to use the service. This was doubly so for Steam users as it added an extra layer of hassle to an otherwise simple and streamlined process if Steam was used alone.

DonFerrari said:

In Brazil and other countries is even worst

http://www.framebuffer.com.br/node/101418

WTH !!! 

So that means GfWL only games such as Dawn of War 2 can't be played !!!!

I read the same thing about GfWL forced games such as Batman AA, people in Poland and Czesch Respublic can't activate the f... 'yes I want to play my game' shitbox because it is not supported in their contry, for some silly obscure reason. I don't understand why we still suffer idiotic region blocked games since Internet was ultimately supposed to break frontiers. Valve did this, they blocked Darksiders on Steam in Uk ^^. 

It should eb another topic, but region centred games make just more barriers between people. Ok, I leave in europe atm, but if I have to go in any country because of my work, I might loose access to some games because of that. 

Yeah !! Let's express one's rage over this !!!