By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Foamer said:
Barozi said:
DirtyP2002 said:

HELLO MODS!!!!

Jesus, I was banned for calling Left 4 Dead an exclusive without mentioning "console" right in front of "exclusive".

But it is okay, to call a different service, shit, suck balls etc?
So I can open a thread calling PSN a piece of shit that suck balls due to my anecdotal experience?

Even if there is not much love for GFWL, this is trolling in a very bad way. I don't want to defend GFWL, it worked for me the one time I used it, but I thought there is a VGC-standard regarding trolling. Sure you can say I don't like X because of Y, but the way the OP is written is not a good way to do so.

I bet a lifetime ban, if this wasn't against GFWL but instead against XBL, PSN, Wii whatever, there would have been people banned.

Reported for bringing logic into this debate.

Seriously PC fans always get away with such things here. I don't know how many times I reported vlad for posting "shitty consoles" "Halo is shit" etc. and he almost never got banned for it.

You want someone banned for saying a crap service is crap? You're way too heavily invested in Microsoft. See, I use their products (Visual Studio, SQL Server, Windows, Office) to make a living. You own a box they made that plays games. Take a look at yourselves, for Heaven's sake.

What do you think, how would Shio act if I created a thread starting to say how I dislike Steam (and I really do!)

BAN THESE PEOPLE MODS. Things are getting out of control right here.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
Barozi said:
DirtyP2002 said:

HELLO MODS!!!!

Jesus, I was banned for calling Left 4 Dead an exclusive without mentioning "console" right in front of "exclusive".

So I can open a thread calling PSN a piece of shit that suck balls due to my anecdotal experience?

Even if there is not much love for GFWL, this is trolling in a very bad way. I don't want to defend GFWL, it worked for me the one time I used it, but I thought there is a VGC-standard regarding trolling. Sure you can say I don't like X because of Y, but the way the OP is written is not a good way to do so.

I bet a lifetime ban, if this wasn't against GFWL but instead against XBL, PSN, Wii whatever, there would have been people banned.

Seriously PC fans always get away with such things here. I don't know how many times I reported vlad for posting "shitty consoles" "Halo is shit" etc. and he almost never got banned for it.

Are you sure? I notice Vlad gets banned a lot :P

reported him well over 50 times and every single of these posts was ban worthy and he maybe got banned twice in that time. After that I just stopped reporting him, because I don't see why I should report someone 25 times before a mod finally reacts.

About his last few bans I had nothing to do with it.

Foamer said:
Barozi said:
DirtyP2002 said:

HELLO MODS!!!!

You want someone banned for saying a crap service is crap? You're way too heavily invested in Microsoft. See, I use their products (Visual Studio, SQL Server, Windows, Office) to make a living. You own a box they made that plays games. Take a look at yourselves, for Heaven's sake.

I guess that post wasn't directed at me, but still I own lots of Microsoft products (software and hardware).

But yeah saying something is shit is not allowed on VGChartz. (though mods tend to ignore it in certain cases)

Barozi said:

I guess that post wasn't directed at me, but still I own lots of Microsoft products (software and hardware).

But yeah saying something is shit is not allowed on VGChartz. (though mods tend to ignore it in certain cases)

I could imagine how that would apply if directed at 'console x'- all it's likely to do is cause a flame war, as both absolutely and comparatively none of the consoles or their various online services actually are shit. However, both as a standalone 'product' and in comparison to other DD services, GfWL really is shit. It has a clunky, half-finished feeling interface, an obtuse sign up mechanism whereby you get redirected to the main XBox site, a limited selection of games, unclear DRM and very limited community features compared to Steam. There have been multiple articles from PC games magazines and sites repeatedly criticising it and its implementation. Publishers and developers don't like it, hence why they're leaving in droves, hell Microsoft itself doesn't even like it judging by their current push to try and improve it. It's not as though it's a new service either- it's been out there in one form or another for years now.

I just can't help wondering whether the Microsoft Defence Force would have turned up if this was a thread criticising Impulse, GamersGate or Direct2Drive. My guess is we wouldn't be having self-righteous posts calling for bannings for people expressing just how poor GfWL is.

DirtyP2002 said:

What do you think, how would Shio act if I created a thread starting to say how I dislike Steam (and I really do!)

BAN THESE PEOPLE MODS. Things are getting out of control right here.

Ah grow up. Who cares what Shio would do, you don't have to act like you think he would.

Around the Network
Foamer said:
Barozi said:

I could imagine how that would apply if directed at 'console x'- all it's likely to do is cause a flame war, as both absolutely and comparatively none of the consoles or their various online services actually are shit. However, both as a standalone 'product' and in comparison to other DD services, GfWL really is shit. It has a clunky, half-finished feeling interface, an obtuse sign up mechanism whereby you get redirected to the main XBox site, a limited selection of games, unclear DRM and very limited community features compared to Steam. There have been multiple articles from PC games magazines and sites repeatedly criticising it and its implementation. Publishers and developers don't like it, hence why they're leaving in droves, hell Microsoft itself doesn't even like it judging by their current push to try and improve it. It's not as though it's a new service either- it's been out there in one form or another for years now.

I just can't help wondering whether the Microsoft Defence Force would have turned up if this was a thread criticising Impulse, GamersGate or Direct2Drive. My guess is we wouldn't be having self-righteous posts calling for bannings for people expressing just how poor GfWL is.

It's simply not allowed. End of story.

A thread about criticizing other Digital Download services would have 0 replies anyway and vanish from the hot topic section in a couple of minutes. Anyway criticizing is okay, calling something shit among other things is not.

btw. I didn't report anyone in this thread, but I understand when someone finds some of the comments here offensive.

Offensive? Hehehe. Offensive would be insulting something dear to a person's heart like their spouse or religion... Ah wait, I get it now.

Mr Puggsly said:
Calmador said:

P.S. Don't talk trash about ShadowRun! That game was(still is) great.

Shadowrun got modest review scores and sales weren't great either.

It definitely wasn't a hit so I wouldn't call it a strong title. Yet Scoobes is under the illusion it was.

Just Dance says hello

I wouldn't put too much wieght on reviews... sales on the other hand do matter. I don't think ShadowRun is a bad game, but that's only one guys opinion and that barely matters but I can't help but think that... it really SEEMS like one of those games I'd think anyone would like. ShadowRun is either cult hit or a game that never got it's chance to make it big and you can't rely on reviews and sales just like that.

Have you played the game? Maybe you'd understand if you played it.

All gaming systems, consoles/PC, have thier perks... why fight over preferences? I like Coke and you like Pepsi, that's it, let's not fight over which toy we like best cause that's what they are. Is someone's preference in a toy important or is the relationship between you and your neighbor more important? Answer is obvious, but THE most important thing is your relationship with God almighty. God Bless you in Jesus's name.

I can communicate without talking... I can send a loved one money without actually sending money... and I can commit theft without the product disappearing, the point of theft is the point of theft not one of it's possible symptoms which is the product dissappearing. The thief wants to gain something without paying for it, that's the point of theft, the thief doesn't have to care or anybody else has to care if the product dissappears. The product dissappearing is just a possible symptom of theft. Gifts are sacrfices, in order to give a gift, it has to be a genuine sacrfice/gift, meaning a copy of the game isn't still in your PC. Piracy is theft and/or being a culprit of theft.

Calmador said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Calmador said:

P.S. Don't talk trash about ShadowRun! That game was(still is) great.

Shadowrun got modest review scores and sales weren't great either.

It definitely wasn't a hit so I wouldn't call it a strong title. Yet Scoobes is under the illusion it was.

Just Dance says hello

I wouldn't put too much wieght on reviews... sales on the other hand do matter. I don't think ShadowRun is a bad game, but that's only one guys opinion and that barely matters but I can't help but think that... it really SEEMS like one of those games I'd think anyone would like. ShadowRun is either cult hit or a game that never got it's chance to make it big and you can't rely on reviews and sales just like that.

Have you played the game? Maybe you'd understand if you played it.

No, reviews aside the sales were piss poor. I think the closing of the studio was proof of that.

Just Dance had piss poor reviews and mega sales.

I own Shadowrun.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

DirtyP2002 said:

HELLO MODS!!!!

but you didn't use it you just used the GFW web store to get a non GFWL enabled game, the web store has it's on problems but the thread is more about GWL which apparently you have never used.

BTW you are lucky you live in one of the 7 countries that you can use games on demand in

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!