By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - This put Kinect sales into perspective for me

Seece said:
Smashchu2 said:

Seeing as companies are notorious for shipped numbers, I'm skeptical to beleive thios. Esspecially as retailers have been saying they have a lot of stock.

Eh? No they havn't. And MS have been reporting sold figures only for Kinect. So be skepticle no more!

Both Microsoft and Sony are notorious for "shipped" numbers and everything about Kinect has been a ploy from the "previews," to the people actually waititng in line. It's hard to beleive Microsoft when Kinect was a lie all this time.

Around the Network
Smashchu2 said:
Seece said:
Smashchu2 said:

Seeing as companies are notorious for shipped numbers, I'm skeptical to beleive thios. Esspecially as retailers have been saying they have a lot of stock.

Eh? No they havn't. And MS have been reporting sold figures only for Kinect. So be skepticle no more!

Both Microsoft and Sony are notorious for "shipped" numbers and everything about Kinect has been a ploy from the "previews," to the people actually waititng in line. It's hard to beleive Microsoft when Kinect was a lie all this time.

Well noone expects you to. But the numbers they're releasing are specifically detailed as sold to consumers, something you're just going to have to accept. Sony are the one talking about shipped not sold.

Seece said:
Smashchu2 said:
Seece said:
Smashchu2 said:

Well noone expects you to. But the numbers they're releasing are specifically detailed as sold to consumers, something you're just going to have to accept. Sony are the one talking about shipped not sold.

Maybe this is why I'm not sure I beleive Microsoft

http://www.google.com/trends?q=Kinect, iPad, Wii&ctab=0&geo=all&date=ytd&sort=0

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2010/11/24/kinect-and-move-not-getting-new-customers/

http://vista.blorge.com/2010/11/06/steve-ballmer-sells-off-microsoft-stock/

http://kotaku.com/5680001/people-are-already-lining-up-for-kinect-and-theyre-not-crazy

So forgive me if I'm skeptical. Not to mention we'll see how this does after Christmas.

Smashchu2 said:
Seece said:

Maybe this is why I'm not sure I beleive Microsoft

http://www.google.com/trends?q=Kinect, iPad, Wii&ctab=0&geo=all&date=ytd&sort=0

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2010/11/24/kinect-and-move-not-getting-new-customers/

Your mod history is a good idea why you don't believe them, the evidence could be stacked higher than a skyscraper and you'd ignore it.

anyway,

“With sales already exceeding two and a half million units in just 25 days, we are on pace to reach our forecast of 5 million units sold to consumers this holiday.”

If Nintendo started bundling BB and WiiFit Plus with Wii and advertises WiiFit Plus very heavily, while it never needed it so much after the initial marketing effort at launch, Kinect must be big enough, otherwise Ninty would have started doing it quite later, when needed by a Wii getting older. Wii already took off again with Mario Kart and Mario Collection bundles, NSMBW heavy advertising and DKCR launch, it didn't need a BB bundle too this Xmas, so it must be BB that actually needs it. And the culprit can only be Kinect.

I was very sceptical about Kinect, and I still am about some games and genres, but I must change my mind about its overall performance, meh Joy Ride and other disappointing games are offset enough by the best ones and they didn't damage it too much: Mario Kart Wii, alone and bundled, just single handedly killed Joy Ride, but it didn't affect Kinect.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Smashchu2 said:
Seece said:
Smashchu2 said:

It's true, Kinect doesn't actually work.  It's really just a camera that is sending out a live video feed back to Microsoft HQ where they have people watching you and controlling your character with a proper controller.  We all know this thing can't possible work or be popular, it's unpossible!

radiantshadow92 said:

500 million dollar ad campaign near Christmas will do that. I do not go one day without seeing an ad for kinect.

Yeah because MS spent their 500 million ad BUDGET for their fiscal year already. 

Why do we even compare the sales of two completely different products?  Both Kinect and iPad have been successful, but they don't even compete against each other and they have two completely different price points.

Seece said:

VERY impressive, Kinect is fastest selling product in electronics history ... yet some people still try and make it sound negative xD I guess it means it's working if it has them fearful of it.

What about the wii fit balance board?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:
Seece said:

VERY impressive, Kinect is fastest selling product in electronics history ... yet some people still try and make it sound negative xD I guess it means it's working if it has them fearful of it.

What about the wii fit balance board?

A kitchen weighting balance can't be considered an electronic.

Above: still the best game of the year.