By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FINAL FANTASY XIII CROSSES 6 MILLION Units!

FINAL FANTASY XIII CROSSES 6 MILLION Units!

6.25 Million 19 13.77%

6.50 Million 17 12.32%

6.75 Million 16 11.59%

7.00 Million 32 23.19%

7.25 Million 7 5.07%

7.50 Million 46 33.33%

Total:137
Jdevil3 said:

Heh, this is nothing, Versus XIII will sell at least 8M if:

1- It remains exclusive (The hype will be massive if that happens, specialy if it's graphics are similar to Uncharted 2 or God of War III)

2- It's shown at E3 during Sony's conference with mindblowing gameplay and graphics! (Like uncharted 2 @ E3 :P)

3- Sony advertises it as if it was FFVII on the PS1

4- It is bundled with Special PS3s (like the lightning PS3 slim!)

5- It releases on Black Friday (World-Wide simultaneous release!)

6- It has better reviews than FFXIII

7- It is renamed "Final Fantasy XV"

You wait and see!

Jdevil3, sadly i dont think FFversus will sell 8 mil. and imo FF13 was luckly to reach 6mil. its good but, not even FF10 or FF8 riding off the success of FF7 could sell 8 mil. and i think even though some are pleased with the sales they are dissappointing to Wada and SE; despite saying that he wanted 6 mil sales.

however if the PS3 userbase is substaintailly higher, and it has better reviews than FF13, which i'm very skeptical about, i think they could meet that 8 will the true FF15.

Around the Network

Hatmoza At least it didn't reach Darth's expectations of 10 million! 

Also Darth where is the 10 million option! :P

thedaftman said:

now take all the profit and make a good FF 

sad.man.loves.vgc said:
thedaftman said:

They always do. With the exception of FFXIV.

A203D said:
Jdevil3 said:

Heh, this is nothing, Versus XIII will sell at least 8M if:

1- It remains exclusive (The hype will be massive if that happens, specialy if it's graphics are similar to Uncharted 2 or God of War III)

2- It's shown at E3 during Sony's conference with mindblowing gameplay and graphics! (Like uncharted 2 @ E3 :P)

3- Sony advertises it as if it was FFVII on the PS1

4- It is bundled with Special PS3s (like the lightning PS3 slim!)

5- It releases on Black Friday (World-Wide simultaneous release!)

6- It has better reviews than FFXIII

7- It is renamed "Final Fantasy XV"

You wait and see!

Jdevil3, sadly i dont think FFversus will sell 8 mil. and imo FF13 was luckly to reach 6mil. its good but, not even FF10 or FF8 riding off the success of FF7 could sell 8 mil. and i think even though some are pleased with the sales they are dissappointing to Wada and SE; despite saying that he wanted 6 mil sales.

however if the PS3 userbase is substaintailly higher, and it has better reviews than FF13, which i'm very skeptical about, i think they could meet that 8 will the true FF15.

Well, I think it will be able to reach 8 million world-wide if ALL those points I mentioned actually happen. If a single one of them doesn't occur, then I don't know what will happen :P I don't think the 7th point will happen though xD but we must wait and see, it should sell at least 6M on the PS3 alone if it remains exclusive and has better reviews than XIII... and less backslash from fans xD

I've been wondering... could the Fabula Nova Crystallis conference date be some kind of code or clue about the games? I mean... they picked a special date (1/11/11)... could it mean something like this other conference or whatever it was that had a weird name (it was DK∑3713) and it was making reference to the games they showed during that conference (Kingdom Hearts, 3rd birthday, FFXIII, etc).

Could 1/11/11 mean someting?

if you sum up all 1s, you get 5... could it mean it will be released 5 months after the conference?

if you sum up all numbers, you get 23... could that be the day it will be released?

If you take into account the slashes, and count them as 1s, you get a 7... Final Fantasy VII REMAKE CONFIRMED! nah, just kidding... maybe it will be released 7 months after the conference? or in month 7? (July)

If you sum up the slashes as 1s with the numbers, you get 25... could it be the day again?

I'm kinda sure they picked that date for some reason... there's got to be a reason...

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Around the Network
Jdevil3 said:

Well, I think it will be able to reach 8 million world-wide if ALL those points I mentioned actually happen. If a single one of them doesn't occur, then I don't know what will happen :P I don't think the 7th point will happen though xD but we must wait and see, it should sell at least 6M on the PS3 alone if it remains exclusive and has better reviews than XIII... and less backslash from fans xD

I've been wondering... could the Fabula Nova Crystallis conference date be some kind of code or clue about the games? I mean... they picked a special date (1/11/11)... could it mean something like this other conference or whatever it was that had a weird name (it was DK∑3713) and it was making reference to the games they showed during that conference (Kingdom Hearts, 3rd birthday, FFXIII, etc).

if you sum up all 1s, you get 5... could it mean it will be released 5 months after the conference?

if you sum up all numbers, you get 23... could that be the day it will be released?

If you take into account the slashes, and count them as 1s, you get a 7... Final Fantasy VII REMAKE CONFIRMED! nah, just kidding... maybe it will be released 7 months after the conference? or in month 7? (July)

If you sum up the slashes as 1s with the numbers, you get 25... could it be the day again?

I'm kinda sure they picked that date for some reason... there's got to be a reason...

Yeah, it is suspect that they've picked this date for a reason. maybe just so people remember it. it could have some alternative meaning. the DK.... event you metioned was reference to the games. i dont know; but i thought that Kitase has mentioned Versus might not be coming til 2012. and based on the rumours etc, recently i think it will be multiplatform.

imo this dosent have to affect the game, they just need to make it on more disks for the 360, i dont believe the 360 port affected the quality of FF13. i think the supprise will simply be FF15 announcement, or maybe a worldwide similtaneous release.

but then this conference is for FNC, so.... maybe nothing about FF15. Kitase and Toriyama have just finished work on the 3rd Birthday, so perhaps they've moved onto FF15, or maybe Versus, but Versus is Normura's game, so i have no idea what they're doing. but theres been no word of FF12's team in a long time, so no idea man. i suppose it could be a code, but then that 5 could meant FF5 3DS remake, or it could be the 5 for 15, no idea. its not long now anyway.

Edit, i forgot, maybe FF13-2. 6 mil sales justify it i think...

Wagram said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
thedaftman said:

They always do. With the exception of FFXIV.

exactly lol someone stated what always happens.

A203D said:
Jdevil3 said:

Yeah, it is suspect that they've picked this date for a reason. maybe just so people remember it. it could have some alternative meaning. the DK.... event you metioned was reference to the games. i dont know; but i thought that Kitase has mentioned Versus might not be coming til 2012. and based on the rumours etc, recently i think it will be multiplatform.

imo this dosent have to affect the game, they just need to make it on more disks for the 360, i dont believe the 360 port affected the quality of FF13. i think the supprise will simply be FF15 announcement, or maybe a worldwide similtaneous release.

but then this conference is for FNC, so.... maybe nothing about FF15. Kitase and Toriyama have just finished work on the 3rd Birthday, so perhaps they've moved onto FF15, or maybe Versus, but Versus is Normura's game, so i have no idea what they're doing. but theres been no word of FF12's team in a long time, so no idea man. i suppose it could be a code, but then that 5 could meant FF5 3DS remake, or it could be the 5 for 15, no idea. its not long now anyway.

Edit, i forgot, maybe FF13-2. 6 mil sales justify it i think...

Well, they COULD use more discs... but they will have to pay more royalties to MS, more printing costs, etc... there might be a point where adding more discs isn't a good idea anymore. And remember they would have to make a choice, make the users change discs when they want to go back to an already visited area, or make some areas only accessible during certain points in the game (only on certain discs). I think I remember FFXIII had 9GB of game data and the rest was just cutscenes. If they wanted to put all areas in all discs to let you revisit old areas it would be impossible because each disc would need to hold the 9GBs AND the cutscenes (Example: Disc 1=9GBs of game data and Disc 1 cutscenes, there's not enough space for all that). Anyways, revisiting old areas in FFXIII is pretty pointless since there isn't much left to do xD.

Since Final Fantasy Versus XIII is "open world" with a world-map, airships and cars to travel all around the world, they will have to either make the users switch discs every time they go to an area that's not in the disc they have in their console, or close older areas so that they can only have access to the ones that you will have to go to in that disc because of the story... if they pick the second choice, then sacrifices will have to be made to the PS3 version so that both are equal.

Maybe they could remake all cutscenes and make them in-game (not pre-rendered, like most cutscenes in God of War III for example) so that the discs problem doesn't affect the game that much.

But anyways, when I said it had to be exclusive I was just refering to the fact that exclusives receive a lot more hype than multiplatform games and they tend to sell better than multiplats, not the quality of the game, just the hype and sales :P. I think had Heavy rain not been an exclusive title, It would've sold half of what it sold being an exclusive.

Yeah, I remember someone saying something like "We can't commit ourselves to 2011" implying it would probably not be released in 2011... but who knows? They've been working on this game for so freaking long I think it should go Gold in 6 months from now considering stuff they've been saying like "we have most of the locations already completed, we just need to connect them", "The script is already complete", "Voice casting has begun" (I didn't use the exact words in any of those citations, but they said simillar stuff)... All that should mean that they're close to finishing the game. Besides, they've been working on "details" that aren't that important to finishing the product and should only be done when you are close to the final stages of development... like the clouds using calculations to move around the sky and change the way lightning/shadows are shown.

I guess whatever the code is (if it even is a code for something) we will only learn it's meaning during the conference... And yes, the conference is close and the holidays go by pretty fast so it won't be a long wait to find out... I just hope it's something good.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

6 Million copies for the worst Final Fantasy ever is quite good, just image how much it would have sold if the game had been good.

Sad, since it sucks. Guess big franchises will always do big numbers even though it seen better days *cough Black Ops *cough.