By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November NPD numbers released today

TheSource said:

sorry for not posting the thread earlier everybody. been having lots of pc trouble lately.

i was also taking a final and in a car crash earlier today.

i'll have the comparison article up shortly

I'm sure no car could destroy you, but I hope you're doing ok after that final man.  Those are rough.  Good luck.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Around the Network

@ sqrl

I believe you were correct except if you were using a CI you would have to split the Alpha, which would be a 90% CI.

You would only use a= .05 if you were using P- value's to compare- and that would be a 1 take test- this would be a 2 tailed test.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

omgwtfbbq said:

grandmaster192 said:
"I presume you don't know the SDF?"

No. However, I do know that you were trolling -- posting only to aggravate other members and to start flame wars.
well you know wrong. Go visit www.sonydefenseforce.com and then you'll understand why he did what he did.

Although the most likely thing SDF will do with these NPD numbers is ignore them.

SDF usually adds PS2, PS3 and PSP sales together as "Playstation family" and it always wins.

Tons of Black Friday promotions were for Guitar Hero on the PS2 so I think that is part of it.

Frankly I don't trust either source for getting November just right. The publishers are the only ones who can clear up the sales for Thanksgiving week.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

FishyJoe said:

PS3 UNCHARTED: DRAKE'S FORTUNE (T) 117K
PS3 RATCHET & CLANK FUTURE (T) 66K
PS3 ROCK BAND (T) 70K

I spit in the general direction of every PS3 owner on this site who has not purchased Uncharted or Ratchet and Clank.

You disgust me.

I hope you are ok, TheSource. I was wondering why there wasn't an official thread.

Around the Network

Jesus Christ uncharted and ratchet bombed, all of the PS3 Exclusive games are going nowhere lately. Uncharted, Ratchet, Lair, Heavenly Sword, NG:Sigma all down the freaking tubes.

None of the numbers surprise me really, same old same old just everything multiplied a few times. I am surprised by GH: Wii's legs though from 250k to 400+k? Harmonix is on life support right now regretting not putting Rockband on the Wii. Wii GH3 is at like 720k and we havent even done December yet, its going to easily cruise to over 1m, and Harmonix didnt even think it worth it to make a Wii version?

Looking at rockband:

360 ROCK BAND (T) 312K
PS3 ROCK BAND (T) 70K

Yeah, probably should have made a Wii version, likely instead of a PS3 version to be honest. As this stuff keeps happening the third parties will quickly soften up to the whole "bbbbbut we cant sell on Nintendo consoles" crap. Ill bet your ass next year Activision has GH4 ready to freaking go, DLC and all. Here are some other numbers. Dont know if they have been posted yet:

WII MARIO AND SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES (E) 328K
WII WII ZAPPER W/ LINK'S CROSSBOW TRAINING (E) 232K
WII LEGO STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE TRILOGY (E) 180K
WII HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL (E) 180K
WII RESIDENT EVIL UMBRELLA CHRONICLES (M) 121K
Wii Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (((Life to date sales of: ~500k)))

YAY for prime!

Can somebody post the 360's Guitar hero 3 bundled AND unbundled numbers so we can see what it actually sold? Last month it did 310k bundled, 180k game only for 490k total. I love how everybody forgets there's 2 different versions to buy on 360 when they keep saying the Wii version outsold it. Obviously, the 360 version of GH3 is probably #11, #12, #13 not far behind the wii version, then you have the game only version which is probably somewhere between #20-#25.

Where's the actual numbers?

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Last year's Numbers comparison:

November 2006 NPD
DS 918k
Wii 476k (supply constrained launch)
360 511k
PS2 664k
PS3 197k (supply constrained launch)

November 2007 NPD
DS 1.53mil (I said, "Wow")
Wii 981k
360 770k
PS2 496k
PS3 466k

Percentage change
DS +66%
Wii +106%
360 +51%
PS2 -25%
PS3 +136%

Call of Duty 4 360 beat Mario!!...Whaat!...

I don't know if I should believe NPD that CoD4 outsold SMG, but Activision really is on a roll this year. EA is declining from #1 to #3 publisher worldwide, behind Nintendo and Activision.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.