By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November NPD numbers released today

I can't find a Wii Zapper for the life of me. I had no idea it was even selling at all.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Around the Network

I dont know where VGC gets its sources, but I knew something was off when they thought only 190k of Mass Effect was sold in November. NPD says it was more like 500k

eugene said:
I dont know where VGC gets its sources, but I knew something was off when they thought only 190k of Mass Effect was sold in November. NPD says it was more like 500k

VGC never had Mass Effect at 190k for the whole of November, it was only the first week number and it even got adjusted upwards in the week after it.

mass effect did indeed sell in line with what microsoft claimed, I think someone owes jeff bell an apology.

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

SystemNPD  NPD*1.1Vgchartz Difference 
 PS2 496546  548 +0.4%
 PS3 466513  488 -4.9%
 PSP 567 624 521 -16.5%
 X360 770847  882 +4.1%
 Wii 981 1079 1158 +7.3%
 DS 1530 1683 1579 -6.2%

Around the Network

I don't know why we even have these filthy threads. I trust VGChatz more than I'd trust NPD or my own mother.

(My momz be always telling me bullshit about game sales trends. And she talks shit about ioi)

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Wii GH3 outsold 360? The store by me barely sees Wii GH3...or Rockband 360...or the Wii Zapper. I guess they ship them to other places...

DKII said:
A note on GH3 before you guys go all crazy on it -- we track the bundles and the separate software sales together, NPD separates them, that's why you don't see the 360 version as high in NPD numbers, those are bundle sales only.

The did separate them for October, but I don't think they did the same in November. Looking at PS2 number there is no mentioning about the game being bundled with or without the guitar:  PS2 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK ACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 4 967K. Also 967k seems awfully high for being only 1 of the 2 PS2 versions. A more likely cause could be the release of Rock Band stealing some sales of 360 sales, along with the huge sales of CoD 4 and AC.

Wii only has one sku for guitar hero 3 where as 360 has like 3, so it's hard to say.

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

Square07 said:
comments:
DS sold more than any video game console in US history for November!
PS2's record in '02 of 1.28m was outsold by 19%!
Wow at Mario & Sonic olympics! Much better than Japan (so far). VGC was right on.

Whate'er happened to bunkum?
We still need nos. for:
FFXII: rev wings
Mario Party ds
Zelda: Phantasy hourglass
Resident Evil Umbrella
Fire Emblem X

Where did you get that record for PS2? because on VGC monthly GBA is higher for November 2002 than PS2. In regards to the NPD comparison, firstly if we simply assume 10% for Canada, then VGC has overtracked Wii and 360, but if i remember correctly, last time NPD gave Canada numbers there was a definate Wii and 360 bias there, thus Wii Canada sales are nearer 12-15% of total America [similar for 360]..... That puts hardware even closer. Software wise NPD splits the versions of GH3 between disc only, and disc+guitar, thus VGC is not so bad on 360/PS2 versions as people think. COD4 is a pretty huge anomaly though