By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November NPD numbers released today

Dolla Dolla said:I spit in the general direction of every PS3 owner on this site who has not purchased Uncharted or Ratchet and Clank.
Ni!

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network

I thought it was pretty obvious that 360 software was being undertracked in particular. Look at Halo 3 week by week numbers in November according to vgchartz it didnt get a bump black friday week or beyond. It has been about 50K a week since beginning of November if not earlier.

Libraries sell systems not individual games

@reverie...1.57 million CoD4 (360) vs. 1.12 million Mario Galaxy, according to NPD...believe whatever you want, but CoD4 outsold Mario...both were impressive though...and Mario has legs, and we'll have to see about CoD4 in December...watch this space...

radioioRobert said:
Dolla Dolla said:I spit in the general direction of every PS3 owner on this site who has not purchased Uncharted or Ratchet and Clank.
Ni!

"We are now the Knights Who Say 'Ecky-ecky-ecky-ecky-pikang-zoop-boing-goodem-zoo-owli-zhiv ........ Ni.'"

It seems NPD forgot to include GH III for 360, according to vgchartz, it sold 500,000+, easily putting it in the top 10

Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:
@ sqrl

I believe you were correct except if you were using a CI you would have to split the Alpha, which would be a 90% CI.

You would only use a= .05 if you were using P- value's to compare- and that would be a 1 take test- this would be a 2 tailed test.

Agreed, I was mostly trying to get acrossed that there was a difference without making people's eyes glaze over lol.

To Each Man, Responsibility

if anyone has access to the npd spreadsheets, could someone pull numbers for the following 360 titles..

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
Need for Speed: ProStreet
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008
Madden NFL 08
kane & lynch: Dead Men
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
The Simpsons Game
Scene It? Lights Camera Action
Guitar Hero II
Gears Of War
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja
Bioshock
Skate
Tony Hawk Proving Ground
Viva Pinata
Half-Life 2: The Orange Box
Ace Combat 6
Beautiful Katamari
Blue dragon
Eternal sonata
Project gotham racing 4
Virtua Fighter 5

I'm merely curious where they rank versus what vgcharts has.

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

360 Guitar Hero III 367.2K

LOOKEE what i found. That isn't including game only sales, looks like Wii version didn't outsell it after all in all likely hood.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Wow @ DS numbers.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

erikers said:
360 Guitar Hero III 367.2K

LOOKEE what i found. That isn't including game only sales, looks like Wii version didn't outsell it after all in all likely hood.

lol! Yeah we get it, 360 had GH2 and time to build a fanbase, not to mention people already had guitars, so it has an edge over the Wii version.

Im sure its still on top. But come next month.....

After all, Wii's GH3 rose almost 100% this month, 360's dipped a great deal even combining the SKU's. 360 owners have more good games to choose from than Wii owners do, they are GOING to move on to other games sooner than the Wii audience will mate. The Wii version will catch the 360 version if not next month, the month following. Wii does the same thing the last two years with Tiger Woods from EA. 360 owners buy Tiger Woods and it crushed the Wii version in opening month in 07 and 08, then, months down the line the NPD kept rolling in, then bam EA reveals TW08 and TW07 highest selling SKU's are the Wii versions.

Its not like 360 isnt the king of software, dont blow your cork because it gets a victory here and there.