By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will x360 sell less by the end of 2007, then it did by the end of 2006? =)

The 360 is really not doing very well at all... But as Vgchartz users, I think we all know that. Check Gamespot forums if you wish another take on things...

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:

I mean, by the end of 2006 x360 sold less then 8 mln. Just 7,96.

By the way, isn`t that a failure for a console, which on second it`s year sold less then in it`s first year?

this just shows that you have thick slices of ham that cover your eyes...have you cosidered just for a moment that x360 was launched in 2005? well if you do some calculation you'll discover that in 2006 x360 sold 6.9M...right now in 2007 the x360 sold 6.44M and we have still the 4 most lucrative weeks of the year (ending 15, 22, 29 and 5) in which it won't sell less than 1.8M: i see an increase.

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

CrazzyMan said:
StanGable said:
No because we're not some biased country unlike the one between america and japan, we appreciate good gaming unlike getting shaft in the ass by Sony!

And maybe we just don`t like crappy hardware?

The least reliable consoles for the past two generations were the PS2 and the PS1. Those two consoles were the number one selling consoles in Europe during their respective generations. Your user name makes more and more sense with each post you make. Do you even possess the ability to formulate a logical argument?

CrazzyMan said:
@Bodhesatva:

well, to be correct, if console`s 2nd year sales doesn`t pass it`s lifetime sales, isn`t that mean, that console FAILED?

Hardware Shipments:
PSone:
Sony Mar-1996 - 4.26 mln.
Sony Mar-1997 - 13.50 mln. MORE.
Sony Mar-1998 - 32.82 mln. -> around 30 mln. MORE
Sony Mar-1999 - 54.42 mln.

PS2:
Sony Mar-2001 - 10.61 mln.
Sony Mar-2002 - 28.68 mln. -> around 30 mln. MORE
Sony Mar-2003 - 51.20 mln.

PS3:
Sony Mar-2008 - i expect 10,57 mln.
Sony Mar-2009 - i expect 25,32 mln. -> around 30 mln. MORE

X360:
Microsoft Mar-2007 - 10.94 mln.
Microsoft Mar-2008 - i expect 18,93 mln. -> NOWHERE NEAR CLOSE TO 30 mln. LESS

uh, tell me about the PSP ...you knopw just to see if there are Sony products that don't respect the 1st law of crazzyman.

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

err this thread sucks... but yea I see crazy mans point, 2007 was supposed to be its banner year, but it did not do better than its first year, (okay maybe slightly better, but you get what he saying)

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

StanGable said:
No because we're not some biased country unlike the one between america and japan, we appreciate good gaming unlike getting shaft in the ass by Sony!

Do you have a problem with maturity? Or is it just not something for you. Probably aint.

What makes you say that Europe is biased (FYI its not a country lol)? is that your bitterness coming through just because the 360 isnt outselling the PS3 by large numbers each week? :/

On-topic: I think MS is doing fine. Despite not selling as much as last year.

Also, its good seeing the PS3 gaining in the US, next week they'll finally pass the 3 mill mark.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

CrazzyMan said:
@Bodhesatva:

well, to be correct, if console`s 2nd year sales doesn`t pass it`s lifetime sales, isn`t that mean, that console FAILED?

Hardware Shipments:
PSone:
Sony Mar-1996 - 4.26 mln.
Sony Mar-1997 - 13.50 mln. MORE.
Sony Mar-1998 - 32.82 mln. -> around 30 mln. MORE
Sony Mar-1999 - 54.42 mln.

PS2:
Sony Mar-2001 - 10.61 mln.
Sony Mar-2002 - 28.68 mln. -> around 30 mln. MORE
Sony Mar-2003 - 51.20 mln.

PS3:
Sony Mar-2008 - i expect 10,57 mln.
Sony Mar-2009 - i expect 25,32 mln. -> around 30 mln. MORE

X360:
Microsoft Mar-2007 - 10.94 mln.
Microsoft Mar-2008 - i expect 18,93 mln. -> NOWHERE NEAR CLOSE TO 30 mln. LESS

Well we certainly see where your priorities lie.  You seem to be missing quite a few pieces of hardware from that time frame...

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
CrazzyMan said:

I mean, by the end of 2006 x360 sold less then 8 mln. Just 7,96.

By the way, isn`t that a failure for a console, which on second it`s year sold less then in it`s first year?

I would say based on the games out now and those coming next year that the 360 is a success.

Since this topic has degraded in to whether the Xbox 360 is a failure or not, I guess I will put my two cents in.

If you are a rabid Sony fan, who disregards all facts to bolster their own opinions (CrazzyMan,) then sure you can call the 360 a failure because no amount of logic will convince you otherwise.

For the rest of us who use our brain for something other than brand worship, I say this:

It depends on your definition of success is.  From a business standpoint, I would say that the 360 (and Xbox project in general) has not YET been a success, as it has yet to make one MS investor a single cent (much more to the opposite.)

However, from a gaming perspective, if you enjoy the genres that the 360 has its strengths in then for you the gamer, I would say the 360 HAS been a success.

Squabbling over a few thousand consoles determining success or failure is ridiculous and better left to the juvenile, where is currently resides.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X