By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will x360 sell less by the end of 2007, then it did by the end of 2006? =)

tokilamockingbrd said:
err this thread sucks... but yea I see crazy mans point, 2007 was supposed to be its banner year, but it did not do better than its first year, (okay maybe slightly better, but you get what he saying)

well, we could also argue that in its 2nd year x360 had to face direct competition...and yet managed to improve sales in a year to year basis with just a minor price drop, a price drop that saves room for another one even early next year if needed (something that for example Sony couldn't just do).

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

Around the Network

IM going to say this because Im in high school and I know what people want.

I live in the US.

People THINK that the XBOX 360 is better than the PS3 in terms of graphics.

Halo 3 is god to americans
gears of war is jesus

Also the sports titles on the XBOX 360 are amazing and americans love sports titles.

The only way sony can penetrate the american market is with a game that BLOWS EVERYTHING AWAY GRAPHICLY, and a game that has better gameplay than halo.

Which I doubt will ever happen since the ps3 is selling at the same pace of the X360 the X360 will always have a higher install abse and the ps3 will never get a game that destroys a high end pc in graphicaly power.

mM
leo-j said:

I live in the US.

gears of war is jesus

Also the sports titles on the XBOX 360 are amazing and americans love sports titles.

The only way sony can penetrate the american market is with a game that BLOWS EVERYTHING AWAY GRAPHICLY, and a game that has better gameplay than halo.

Which I doubt will ever happen since the ps3 is selling at the same pace of the X360 the X360 will always have a higher install abse and the ps3 will never get a game that destroys a high end pc in graphicaly power.

You're in Highschool? Who would have guessed?

If this was correct then the Wii would be the absolute worst sales wise in the US, which obviously isn't the case.  Not only that but the PS2 would have been in last place in the previous gen.

You obviously have no idea what people want, so please think, research, step outside your brand infatuation, and rely on meaningful discussion, not blanket generalizations. 

You need to look outside your very narrow perspective and realize the industry does not revolve around your demographic alone. 

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
leo-j said:

I live in the US.

gears of war is jesus

i can't believe i'm going to say this....

....i kind of agree with leo-j.  just change one thing switch "americans" for "american HD consol owners" as to not be confused with the wii crowd.

the ps3 is in a predicament as far as i see.  it's not selling well enough to warrant third party exclusives therefore almost every game ps3 gets will also be on the 360.  therefore no one will make a game for the ps3 that truly takes advantage of its hardware.  thus the ps3 can't create an identity to separate it from the 360.  without some games that distinguish it from the 360 consumers won't buy it over the cheaper 360.  repeat paragraph.

as far as the main topic, based off the numbers i am positive that 360 won't be the market leader.  i guess we'll have wait until next year to see how the ps3 does this next year but i don't expect much better out of the ps3 than the 360. 

rofl the thread creator gets a giant
FAIL
from me.

just LOL use your brain your rabid sony fanboy!

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

You've been posting the same incorrect and completely fabricated facts for several days now besides being proven wrong over and over again and warned for it. Take a break.

the ps3 is in a predicament as far as i see. it's not selling well enough to warrant third party exclusives therefore almost every game ps3 gets will also be on the 360. therefore no one will make a game for the ps3 that truly takes advantage of its hardware.  thus the ps3 can't create an identity to separate it from the 360. without some games that distinguish it from the 360 consumers won't buy it over the cheaper 360

I completely agree. I think the combined failures of Lair, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet & Clank, and now Uncharted: Drake's Fortune demonstrate this point exactly. All with high development costs, three out of four are highly rated, and all with very low sales numbers. Why develop for the PS3 when all the games Xbox 360 owners love to buy, also sell on the PS3?