By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The reason why Eminem is the artist of the 21st century!

toastboy44562 said:

Yes, I said it, Eminem's Recovery Album, Marshall Mathers LP, Slim Shady LP, The Eminem Show, and The Curtain Call are the best albums of this decade!

Eminem sold more Albums in the 21st century than any other artist. He reaches out and relates with a lot of people. The lyrics in his songs are far more advanced than anything ever seen before (My opinion).

Take a look at Recovery album...His 'Rap' Songs take qualities from all different genres to please everybody. He is a musical genious. He is the only artist to have over 6 albums sell over 700k first week (I read that somewhere).

let's use this thread as a thank you for all of his amazing music.

These are some of his amazing songs...enjoy!

If_I_Had

Rock_Bottom

Just_Don't_Give_A_Fuck

Bad_Meets_Evil

Stan

Real_Slim_Shady

Criminal

White_America

Cleaning_Out_My_Closet

Till_I_Collapse

Puke

Mocking_Bird

Shake_That

When_I'M_Gone

Beautiful

The_Warning

Not_Afraid

25_To_Life

Cinderella_Man

Space_Bound

WHite_Trash_Party

So_Bad

Talkin'_2 myself

these are my favorites but i listen to other songs of his...enjoy

edit: Add lose yourself and wont back down...those are good too. im too lazy to put them up. if you want just search them!

Your argument is invalid.

Around the Network

Maybe the best rapper of 2000 and later, but not of all time.

I liked Eminem, but as far as rap goes, it has been downhill since Tupac's death. Tupac's political/social rap rap (ie. Part Time Mutha, Changes, Ghetto Gospel, I don't give a ****, Words of Wisdom, etc...) are the best rap songs I have ever heard. 2Pacalypse Now, with that 80's sound (particularly heard in the song If My Hommies Call) is my favourite old school rap album; an era Eminem didn't touch (although he was the same age as Tupac, so it's not like he was too young). Tupac's battle raps also blew Eminem's out of the water, Eminem has nothing that comes close to Hit Em Up, not even his cover of Hit Em up (Quitter). 

That all said, I liked Eminem, but he was a step down the hill from where Tupac reached. I don't think he would be nearly as popular if he wasn't white. 

As for pop artists of this century (which is the actual thread topic), since we're counting sales; you should consider Lady Gaga in the mix; she has had a buzz that has eclipsed Eminem's, and far surpassed what he had at the beginning of the century. 80 million albums and singles sold in two years is nothing to scoff at; she has a huge buzz, and commands the respect of the old school artists (like Bowie, Deborah Harry from Blondie, Elton John, Bruce Springsteen, Madonna, etc...) that Eminem does not. I think she'll go further faster, especially if she continues evolving (her next album is a rock album) rather than sticking to one genre (Eminem has been on shock rap for a decade).

This all said, the 60's through the 90's were superior decades for music in my opinion. The past 10 years have felt like a weaker version of the 90's, without the same sort of diversity.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Chairman-Mao said:

Its always funny/cool/impressive when someone who is in the minority (of a certain activity) is the best at it.

What I mean by that is rap is dominated by black people but a white guy is arguably the best. 

Other examples:

- Not really true currently but for a while the best NBA players were Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitzki, both white. Now James, Durant and Bryant are the best though. Also it can be noted that Nash is Canadian so the best NBA player was from a country with like 3 players.

- In NHL (basically all white) for a couple years Jarome Iginla (half black I think) was the best player, and a bit further back Grant Fuhr was one of the best goalies.

- Justin Morneau is one of the best MLB players and he's one of the very few Canadians. Mostly Americans in the MLB.

- One of the best guitarists ever (Hendrix) was black, while most classic rock bands are white. 

You just forgot Golf and F1, the first for very long time had Tiger Woods as the BESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST in a white sport... the second were the first black champion in F1...

And never forget Boxing, there were a time when just white fought, and after the black were all champions, causing the last white guy to be world champion Rocky Marciano

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

leatherhat said:
RolStoppable said:

Soriku and The World Ends With You, leo-j and Lady Gaga and now toastboy and Eminem. What's up with the youth of today? Why do they have such bad taste in music?

I blame the casuals

Kudos for stealthiness

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Chairman-Mao said:

Its always funny/cool/impressive when someone who is in the minority (of a certain activity) is the best at it.

What I mean by that is rap is dominated by black people but a white guy is arguably the best. 

Other examples:

- Not really true currently but for a while the best NBA players were Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitzki, both white. Now James, Durant and Bryant are the best though. Also it can be noted that Nash is Canadian so the best NBA player was from a country with like 3 players.

- In NHL (basically all white) for a couple years Jarome Iginla (half black I think) was the best player, and a bit further back Grant Fuhr was one of the best goalies.

- Justin Morneau is one of the best MLB players and he's one of the very few Canadians. Mostly Americans in the MLB.

- One of the best guitarists ever (Hendrix) was black, while most classic rock bands are white. 

You just forgot Golf and F1, the first for very long time had Tiger Woods as the BESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST in a white sport... the second were the first black champion in F1...

And never forget Boxing, there were a time when just white fought, and after the black were all champions, causing the last white guy to be world champion Rocky Marciano

Rap had nothing to do with Sport/Music

I mean : who wants to be a rapper outside failing people who failed at school and at sport and that, in NA, are mostly black people ?

A lot of kid want to become a star, singer, actor, F1 driver, basketter but WHO dream to become a rapper ?

nobody indeed ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network
weaveworld said:

I'm sorry to dissapoint you but after the Slim shady LP, which released in 1999, the only masterpiece  Em made was The marshall mathers LP. And that was released in 2000 if im correct.

Credits to 'the marshall' but no he is not the artist of the 21 century... which is only ten years old...

This! I think he even at some point said that he actually recorded "BAD" albums on purpose after MM LP (or maybe Curtain Call, think it was Curtain Call) just to see how many people that would buy his music based on his fame and name alone! I used to be Em fan like crazy though and his songs remains some of the only ones I can do at Karaoke bars =) Lololol

Snesboy said:
toastboy44562 said:

Yes, I said it, Eminem's Recovery Album, Marshall Mathers LP, Slim Shady LP, The Eminem Show, and The Curtain Call are the best albums of this decade!

Eminem sold more Albums in the 21st century than any other artist. He reaches out and relates with a lot of people. The lyrics in his songs are far more advanced than anything ever seen before (My opinion).

Take a look at Recovery album...His 'Rap' Songs take qualities from all different genres to please everybody. He is a musical genious. He is the only artist to have over 6 albums sell over 700k first week (I read that somewhere).

If_I_Had

Rock_Bottom

Just_Don't_Give_A_Fuck

Bad_Meets_Evil

Stan

Real_Slim_Shady

Criminal

White_America

Cleaning_Out_My_Closet

Till_I_Collapse

Puke

Mocking_Bird

Shake_That

When_I'M_Gone

Beautiful

The_Warning

Not_Afraid

25_To_Life

Cinderella_Man

Space_Bound

WHite_Trash_Party

So_Bad

Talkin'_2 myself

edit: Add lose yourself and wont back down...those are good too. im too lazy to put them up. if you want just search them!

/fail

He is talking about special music for special people

libellule said:
DonFerrari said:
Chairman-Mao said:

Other examples:

Rap had nothing to do with Sport/Music

I mean : who wants to be a rapper outside failing people who failed at school and at sport and that, in NA, are mostly black people ?

A lot of kid want to become a star, singer, actor, F1 driver, basketter but WHO dream to become a rapper ?

nobody indeed ...

In Brazil is a dream to most kiddies in some neighbours...

Pick a AK-47 a hood take a photo, sing and become a rapper.... but as the 47's where all taken by traffic they decided to do Funk (Carioca's Funk, nothing to do with america)...

A sexual music with 0 lyrics and simple beat, this is how the Rap died in Brazil and became Funk

EDIT: i just said about sports because the other guy made a observation about minorities, but forgot three important cases... i preffer to study and do sports than trying a rap career, i sing really bad =]

Snesboy said:
toastboy44562 said:

If_I_Had

Rock_Bottom

Just_Don't_Give_A_Fuck

Bad_Meets_Evil

Stan

Real_Slim_Shady

Criminal

White_America

Cleaning_Out_My_Closet

Till_I_Collapse

Puke

Mocking_Bird

Shake_That

When_I'M_Gone

Beautiful

The_Warning

Not_Afraid

25_To_Life

Cinderella_Man

Space_Bound

WHite_Trash_Party

So_Bad

Talkin'_2 myself

Huh??? You tried to invalidate him with Metallica? What's wrong with you?????

As for Eminem... yes... I'm inclined to agree... the only rapper I can listen to.

Xen said:
Snesboy said:
toastboy44562 said:

If_I_Had

Rock_Bottom

Just_Don't_Give_A_Fuck

Bad_Meets_Evil

Stan

Real_Slim_Shady

Criminal

White_America

Cleaning_Out_My_Closet

Till_I_Collapse

Puke

Mocking_Bird

Shake_That

When_I'M_Gone

Beautiful

The_Warning

Not_Afraid

25_To_Life

Cinderella_Man

Space_Bound

WHite_Trash_Party

So_Bad

Talkin'_2 myself

Huh??? You tried to invalidate him with Metallica? What's wrong with you?????

As for Eminem... yes... I'm inclined to agree... the only rapper I can listen to.

Yeah, they've only sold like 100 million records. And I didn't want to exclude my fav band.