By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The reason why Eminem is the artist of the 21st century!

RolStoppable said:

Soriku and The World Ends With You, leo-j and Lady Gaga and now toastboy and Eminem. What's up with the youth of today? Why do they have such bad taste in music?

I blame the casuals

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

I like eminem, and bought all his albums... but the only one that I love all the way through is the marshall mathers LP. Generally, he puts like a lot of rappers and other musicians, Too much filler imo. he's good no doubt.

Though I generally like random rock bands or jazz. not rap minus a few. Like the roots and a few others.

My favorite's personally are

Shiina Ringo. is my favorite.
And Radiohead (my favorite artist of the 20th century) I love their newer stuff... but it wasn't quite as awesome for me as their previous stuff.

Wagram said:

I can respect his work, but I don't like any of it. I despise rap heavilly.

oh man, we finally agree on something!

RolStoppable said:

Soriku and The World Ends With You, leo-j and Lady Gaga and now toastboy and Eminem. What's up with the youth of today? Why do they have such bad taste in music?

You missed PS3 and Taylor fucking Swift, HOW?! That's the most annoying one!

Edit - and that bitch has Jake Gyllenhall now, I didn't think I could dislike her anymore than I did but she's gone out on a limb for me.

Of the WHOLE 21st century? I doubt it. In fact I pretty much guarantee that he will not be the ARTIST of the 21st century. There's a remote possibility that hew will be the Hip Hop artist of the 21st century, but I think Hip Hop as a long way to go yet in it's development and maturation as an artform, and there's more great things to come from other artists yet to be born. That suggests art has prettty much peaked for the rest of the century and there's nothing to look forward to so you might as well give up.

Ridiculous to pronounce someone the greates of anything in the future tense. Past tense sure, at least there's something to talk about, but to automatically dismiss artists who don't even exist yet and for the next 90 years isn't even remotely credible. It's a bit like how the US patent office was going to shut down late in the 19th century because they figured everything worth inventing had already been invented. We know how that attempt at prescience turned out.

Nice try though.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Kid A alone secures it for me as the artist of the 21st century so far. Plus, Radioheads work in the last decade of the 20th put them among the greats for that century too, double win.

As for Eminem, I don't like rap and I can't help but feel that his rap isn't the best of 21st century rap anyway.

weaveworld said:

I'm sorry to dissapoint you but after the Slim shady LP, which released in 1999, the only masterpiece  Em made was The marshall mathers LP. And that was released in 2000 if im correct.

Credits to 'the marshall' but no he is not the artist of the 21 century... which is only ten years old...

How could you forget Infinite ?

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I've also misread the title. I got mixed up with decade and century aswell. Although, I still stand by my opinion, that Eminem is by far the most influencial rapper of the decade. I don't know about musicians in general.

BenVTrigger said:

Anyone who listens to his verse in No Love that I just posted and isn't blown away by it know nothing about the rap genre.  PERIOD.  He just killed the mic so hard.  Lil Wayne is seen as a great rapper and his verse looks laughable next to em's.  This verse is being universally agreed on as one of the best in a long time if not ever.

I wouldn't say that. His verses in Infinite, MMLP, and SSLP outdue his newer work by FAR !!!

leatherhat said:

He's not even the best rapper

In today's game ? Or the best ever ?