By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Possible for PS3 to be 4th on GT5s launch week?

Possible for PS3 to be 4th on GT5s launch week?

You're crazzzy! 125 32.13%

Yup DS>Wii>360>PS3 166 42.67%

I have no idea 26 6.68%

I want to see results! 72 18.51%

Total:389

Can PS3 be 4th black friday week even though GT5 launched?

The US is the 360's stronghold. And the 360 has been outselling the PS3 week after week after kinect has been released...so my question is, is it possible for ps3 to be last place (Besides psp) this week?

Around the Network

Is it possible? Yeah course it is. 360 could have had a massive BF

But .. more than likely

Americas - 400 - 700
Japan - 5k
EMEAA - 220k - 300k

PS3

Americas - 200k - 450k
Japan - 100k
EMEAA - 300k - 450k

360 - 625k - 1 mill ish
PS3 - 600k - 1 mill ish ..

Will be 3rd due to gt5. Japan (gt5 bundle) is gonna offset the BF 360 advantage.

Looking forward to: FF Versus XIII / LBP2 / The Last Guardian / Yakuza 4 / ICO Collection

strangly enough its quite likely due to black friday being a much bigger hardware pusher then gt5 and 360 doing really well this black friday week. Next week though without black friday I think ps3 will take the lead.

enrageorange said:

strangly enough its quite likely due to black friday being a much bigger hardware pusher then gt5 and 360 doing really well this black friday week. Next week though without black friday I think ps3 will take the lead.

It's more likely to be behind 360 next week than this week, it'll lose it's Japan and EMEAA boost and it's BF/GT5 americas boost, whereas 360 will rise in EMEAA, and lose its boost in americas

Around the Network

Of course. Remember, GT5 moved 360s by getting people to go to the store.

i don't think so, but anything is possible.

Seece said:
enrageorange said:

It's more likely to be behind 360 next week than this week, it'll lose it's Japan and EMEAA boost and it's BF/GT5 americas boost, whereas 360 will rise in EMEAA, and lose its boost in americas

agreed

I see why it won't be probable...depends on the gap of PS3 EMEAA and 360 NA

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

badgenome said:

Of course. Remember, GT5 moved 360s by getting people to go to the store.

hahaha. just awesome.