By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Possible for PS3 to be 4th on GT5s launch week?

Possible for PS3 to be 4th on GT5s launch week?

You're crazzzy! 125 32.13%

Yup DS>Wii>360>PS3 166 42.67%

I have no idea 26 6.68%

I want to see results! 72 18.51%

Total:389

Nah, EMEAA and Japan is on PS3 side so for it to happen BF boost for 360 needs to be gigantic.(like almost DS level).

Around the Network

I think it's pretty much safe to say that X360 sold less than 600k in NA last week. MS would have released press report and boasted how they beat Wii. Instead they only released only Kinect numbers (which were still really good). So if we assume that X360 sold less than 600k in NA I doubt it sold more WW than PS3. Of course anything is possible.

badgenome said:

Of course. Remember, GT5 moved 360s by getting people to go to the store.

I think the EMEAA/japan gap will be quite big, im not sure the american market will allow 360 to offset that. Its possible though.

In my entire state GT5 pushed VERY few consoles honestly.  System is still selling well due to regular holiday boost but in terms of GT5 pushing hardware, it was very very small at least here.  Europe would have to be massive for GT in order to counteract Kinect.

Around the Network

In my opinion I believe the order will be as followed:

1.) DS

2.) Wii

3.) PS3

4.) 360

5.) PSP

I say this because black friday will boost all systems dramatically. However GT5 contributed to a massive spike in JPN sales and will have an increase in EMEAA as well. I expect all systems to do great. I know this doesn't really show anything but locally PS3s are kinda scarce while there are tons of 360s on the shelves. Especially Kinect.

Wagram said:

1.) DS

2.) Wii

3.) PS3

4.) 360

5.) PS3

I say this because black friday will boost all systems dramatically. However GT5 contributed to a massive spike in JPN sales and will have an increase in EMEAA as well. I expect all systems to do great. I know this doesn't really show anything but locally PS3s are kinda scarce while there are tons of 360s on the shelves. Especially Kinect.

Twice PS3? OMG PSP is domed!!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Wagram said:

1.) DS

2.) Wii

3.) PS3

4.) 360

5.) PSP

I seen lol. Meant to be PSP.

Wagram said:
Pavolink said:
Wagram said:

1.) DS

2.) Wii

3.) PS3

4.) 360

5.) PSP

I seen lol. Meant to be PSP.

:D I agree with you. I think EMEAA and Japan will boost PS3 above 360.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I actually helped a woman buy a PS3 today at my local Gamestop. I pissed the sales clerk off bad. He was trying to sell her a used 60GB PS3 for like 350 bucks. She wanted backwards compatability but I talked her into a new PS3 for 299.99. I could never work at Gamestop, that business is horrible.