By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday sales musings

Last year's "reports" led to a hilarious November NPD . I wonder if this will happen again...

Around the Network
johnglen said:

Last year's "reports" led to a hilarious November NPD . I wonder if this will happen again...

Why are you even on this site when all you do is troll Vgchartz and downplay pretty much anything Sony and Nintendo ? :/

GodOfWar_3ever said:
johnglen said:

Why are you even on this site when all you do is troll Vgchartz and downplay pretty much anything Sony and Nintendo ? :/

Obviously its Aaron Greenberg lol

Dammit, Brett.  The more I think about it, the more I wish you would have made this thread before Black Friday.  I would have gladly taken pics and asked specific questions, etc.

Munkeh111 said:
ioi said:
Faxanadu said:

No Friday purchases here. No Black Friday in Germany.

Then why post?! This is obviously aimed at our American readers...

There were Black Friday sales in the UK on amazon

They had a 360 for £50, a Wii for £50 and a PS3 for £200, but those deals literally lasted seconds so wouldn't actually have affected anything

Yeah I tried to buy a 360 to sell on ebay for profit... failed. 

@ioi, any indication of how much hardware Gran Turismo 5 has moved so far??? :)

Around the Network

I went to the 12:01 black friday sale at walmart.  There was an actual fight at the video game pallet and by time I got in there (post fight) all the $10 games were gone off of it.  ps3,xbox, and wii....

I just stuck with amazon. 

d21lewis said:

^^^I went to Toys R Us.  Good lord!  It was impossible to even walk around there, much less shop.  My kid and I fought our way to the DS section before I finally decide to run for our lives!  You have my respect for surviving that cluster fuck.  I didn't even lay eyes on the 360/PS3 sections.  The crowds were too intense.

The lines were crazy to check out. Luckily no good deals on the Lego sets we were looking for so we didnt purchase anything. ToysRUs has a good deal through Christmas, between Nov 24th and end of the year you earn 10% credit on all purchases. So if you have any reason to purchase anything after January 1 you could rack up a good amount of credits.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

I didnt buy anything. but my aunt bought kinect for herself and my cousin and they love it.

went to toys r us and walmart at around noon. Nintendo Ds was sold out at both stores except lite in toys r us. No kinects at both stores. No fable 3 at toys r us. A LOT of people were buying mario kart wii. At toys r us most of the crowd was in the nintendo ds section, can't really say about the other systems because the 360 section was by the register so some people might have just been looking while waiting in line.