By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday sales musings

Guys please say PS3 was doing awesome so it gets good Black Friday sales!

Thanks!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

^^^ 

This is America and we prefer Wii/360.  So I guess if your wanting to hear the greatness of the PS3 you will have to wait for EMEAA.

I went out shopping twice on Black Friday.  The first battle was around 6:15 am and it took place at Walmart.  I ended up having to park across the street at Cracker Barrel in order to find a parking spot, this is insane as it took a good 8 to 10 minutes of fast walking just to reach the store.  I went in to find some of those $10 games but unfortunately I never found any (apparently they had went on sale at 12:01 am).  While I was there I took a look around the gaming section and it was a disaster area.  Apparently the Wii did better than expected and so did the 360.  There were no Wii's to be seen nor was there any 360's  (not even any bundles for either).  There were at least 10 to 15 PS3's left but I don't know if they were bundles or what.  

I didn't see any Kinect  stand alone units or bundles.  I asked the lady that was at the checkout if they would be getting any in, and she said that her stock was gone but they should have some Sat.  

I ended up picking up a 50 inch LCD tv that someone had apparently set back.  I ended nearly fighting for the damnd thing but it was worth it. Now hopefully my wife will leave my man cave alone!

The second adventure was at Game Stop.  I rolled in around 10am and the place looked even worse off than Walmart did (I guess it was because the store is so much smaller and you have the crowds closer together).  I went in to see what kind of cheap games they had and I never found anything I wanted there either.  I did see that the Wii and 360 had been sold out there as well.  No Kinect bundles or stand alones.  The kid working said they were waiting on a shipment that should come in at any time, and it would re stock Wii/360's.  Apparently the PS3 did a little better here but there were still some units left.  They had the PS3's behind the counter so I don't know how many they had left.

I think the DS will be massive because there were a lot of people around that area at both Game Stop and Walmart.  

I ended up going back to Walmart this Sat. to find purchase a Kinect and they had apparently sold out again.  None in stock at 2pm.  They didn't have any Wii's or 360's either, but they still had a few PS3's.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

its U.S , 360 and Wii reign supreme.

Kinect is the new thing there , DS allways a beast in Americas :D

Baalzamon said:

All I know is Black Friday proved once again people clearly have money to spend despite this terrible recession.

Or spending money they don't have.

Credit cards can both be good and bad.

darthdevidem01 said:

Thanks!

You will have to wait for Japan / EMEAA numbers this week to PS3 better number...

In Americas its pretty much "dead" and NPD is gonna prove it... its gonna end like Psp probably if they dont drop the price next year.

Around the Network
LovePeace said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Thanks!

You will have to wait for Japan / EMEAA numbers this week to PS3 better number...

In Americas its pretty much "dead" and NPD is gonna prove it... its gonna end like Psp probably if they dont drop the price next year.

I agree...PS3 isn't very strong in America which I think is because of the price and people don't see Move the way people over in Europe do...Most people I know here say that the Move looks like a more expensive Wii...

palancas7 said:
HKN said:

All I have is,

500 Xbox 360 Slim 4gb sold for £50.

Over 1000 wii's for £50

Both at amazon.

Where did you get that from?

The list was leaked along with the quantitys.

http://www.dsixl.co.uk/a/amazon-black-friday-prices-uk.asp

LovePeace said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Thanks!

*facepalm*

People have to quit it with the doom and gloom, it's depressing.

The PS3 is selling well, it's simply being constrained by its price.  I don't think those types of numbers qualify as dead.....I mean, really?  Obviously it's not winning there, but come on.

Galaki said:
Baalzamon said:

All I know is Black Friday proved once again people clearly have money to spend despite this terrible recession.

Or spending money they don't have.

Credit cards can both be good and bad.

I like that commenta lot, hahahaha...it's so true.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

I went around to a few locations and one thing I noticed at almost every big box store (walmart, best buy, target, sears, etc) was that every Kinect/360 Bundle (both 4gb and 250gb) was sold out!  I did see some standalone kinects available still at walmart, as well as some standard consoles without Kinect, but it sure seems like Kinect is definitely moving some serious hardware in my area (Fort Wayne, IN).