By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday sales musings

No Friday purchases here. No Black Friday in Germany.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
ioi said:
Faxanadu said:

Then why post?! This is obviously aimed at our American readers...

There were Black Friday sales in the UK on amazon

They had a 360 for £50, a Wii for £50 and a PS3 for £200, but those deals literally lasted seconds so wouldn't actually have affected anything

Munkeh111 said:
ioi said:
Faxanadu said:

There were Black Friday sales in the UK on amazon

They had a 360 for £50, a Wii for £50 and a PS3 for £200, but those deals literally lasted seconds so wouldn't actually have affected anything

OMG way to screw PS3 amazon!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

$10 games at Wal-Mart were selling like crazy (Prototype, GoW Collection) and Kinect was sold out, too.  This was a strange comment that I really wish I would have asked about:  A female in the electronics section of wal-mart in Rincon, Ga said "We have more but we can't sell them until Tuesday:" when talking about Kinect.  I don't know if she meant more were coming in that day or if they were prohibited from selling them for some reason.

4gb 360's were in stock at both Gamestops in the shitty Savannah Mall (there's a shitty mall and the awesome Oglethorpe Mall.  I only went to the shitty mall).  The 250gb model was sold out.  I didn't look to see if there were any Kinect bundles,  I donMt rexall seeing any consoles at any Wal-Mart thst I went to (both Rincon and Savannah) between 4am and 9am.--aside from the PSP, DS, DSi XL, and dsi.

Another interesting story: 

ioi said:
Faxanadu said:

Why not? The thread looked so lonely.

And maybe people like to have the info that there is no Black Friday in Germany?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

I posted all of that from my phone.  I'm on my PC, now.  Anyhoo:

I don't know how well the PS3/Wii were doing at the Gamestops in the mall.  The only reason I know the 360 250gb's were sold out was because I was browsing used 360 games when these two ladies came to buy one.  The gamestop chick told them that they only had 4gb systems in stock (and--she didn't know if the 4gb's came with a HDD!?).

And lastly, when I was eating lunch at Taco Bell, one of the ladies who worked there was telling a story.  She said that a truck of inventory arrived at Wal-Mart and people were in the store fighting over merchandise (those super cheap computers and 42 inch HDTV's were what sold out almost instantly).  She said that the truck driver saw the crowd's behavior and said that he "wasn't coming back until the sale was over".  I don't know how true the story is, though--or if the driver is even allowed to do such a thing.

well, it seemed most hardware was sold out, at bb and wm, but i didnt look super hard. ps3's wiis kinect etc all sold out mostly seemed like.

bb had these crap bundles of a 4gb 360, hdmi cable, extra controller and headset for 399. those were in stock, and something similar also in stock for ps3. and i think i remember seeing a lot of psp go's lol.

looks like videogames overall will cleanup again this holiday.

I just know the Mario Wii bundle sold out at the Gamestop I used to work at, as I sent my friend there to get one. I also know I missed out on every Amazon deal I wanted...

Visiting family in Little Rock Arkansas.  Went out shopping yesterday morning at about 7:30AM. 

First stop was Walmart: Kinect Sensors and all 360s were sold out.  Althought the Black Friday ad specifically said they will have Kinect available on Saturday so they may have held back a good quantity.  Plenty of PS3 (all SKUS) and Wii(all SKUS) available.

Since Sams Club was right next door we took a peek.  Had a few 360s (non Kinect) in a special Sams Club bundle. As well as a few PS3 and Wii special Sams Club bundles.

Then over to BestBuy. Wii and PS3 in abundance and all SKUs.  Only 360s available were 6 of the special Black Friday Lego Bundles and 2 Reach Bundles. They said a truck with 28 Kinect sensors was due in that afternoon. I assume some more consoles as well.

Then ToysRus.  No 360s at all and still have PS3s and Wiis, but couldnt find out quantities or SKUs.

Final stop with gaming section was Target.  Had 3 Reach Bundles and 2 250GB non Kinect 360s.  Surprising they had some Kinects in back although the people at the Electronics counter didnt know and they were telling people they were out. Stock person said they had a few in back and asked Manager if they should bring them out. He wasnt happy they werent on the floor.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

^^^I went to Toys R Us.  Good lord!  It was impossible to even walk around there, much less shop.  My kid and I fought our way to the DS section before I finally decide to run for our lives!  You have my respect for surviving that cluster fuck.  I didn't even lay eyes on the 360/PS3 sections.  The crowds were too intense.