By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GT5 sells 1.8m in two days WW

Capulous said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Capulous said:
Capulous said:

the store I work at was NOT open thanksgiving. Yet it is still bigger than toysrus, sears, and kmart....

So the one store you work at is bigger than all the Sears, Kmart, Toy r Us, and whatever other stores were opened on Thanksgiving. Ok...

No. Target > Best buy > Sears.

Sears Company (which includes K-mart btw) isn't that big of a retailer. I bet gamestop > sears when it comes to games.

Youre acting like thanksgiving is a major shopping day when its not. Most people wait till BF to do their shopping and the big players in electronics are closed down. And you are wrong if you think thanksgiving is a very active day. The shops that are open are slow and the streets aren't nearly as busy as usual with most people just commuting to their relatives.

Nothing you are saying even supports your argument. I never acted like anything. I stated that online retailers took orders and some B&M stores were open so it is a sales day. You disagree with that, yet fail to provide anything to support your argument. It's as simply as that. It doesn't matter the size of the store. There are hundreds of Sears, Kmart, and ToyrUs stores across the US.

And vgchartz doesnt track online sales. and toys r us was not opened... which doesnt matter cause gamestop is bigger than toys r us and so is best buy which werent opened either... and sears and k-mart are the same company... in order for your point to be valid you need to show proof that thanksgiving is a big shopping day...

No, it is valid because stores were open and items were sold. That makes it a sales day. ToyrUs was opened, you even stated that yourself earlier in the thread. The size of the store does not matter at the least, neither does the amount of sales are done on that day. Along with that, Americas is not only the US, so there were sales in other countries as well.

Also, gamestop does more games sales than a lot of stores. So what does that have to do with it?

Toys R Us was open for black friday dude. They opened at 10pm for BF door busters. What was sold in those 2 hours would fall in Fridays sales. By you acting like the people who said thursday was thanksgiving thus GT5 wasnt widely availble and these 2 days dont do the game justice were wrong then you must prove so. which... naming 1 company (sears) which is a small company, isn't proof.

Around the Network
Capulous said:
Capulous said:
Capulous said:

the store I work at was NOT open thanksgiving. Yet it is still bigger than toysrus, sears, and kmart....

So the one store you work at is bigger than all the Sears, Kmart, Toy r Us, and whatever other stores were opened on Thanksgiving. Ok...

No. Target > Best buy > Sears.

Sears Company (which includes K-mart btw) isn't that big of a retailer. I bet gamestop > sears when it comes to games.

Youre acting like thanksgiving is a major shopping day when its not. Most people wait till BF to do their shopping and the big players in electronics are closed down. And you are wrong if you think thanksgiving is a very active day. The shops that are open are slow and the streets aren't nearly as busy as usual with most people just commuting to their relatives.

Nothing you are saying even supports your argument. I never acted like anything. I stated that online retailers took orders and some B&M stores were open so it is a sales day. You disagree with that, yet fail to provide anything to support your argument. It's as simply as that. It doesn't matter the size of the store. There are hundreds of Sears, Kmart, and ToyrUs stores across the US.

And vgchartz doesnt track online sales. and toys r us was not opened... which doesnt matter cause gamestop is bigger than toys r us and so is best buy which werent opened either... and sears and k-mart are the same company... in order for your point to be valid you need to show proof that thanksgiving is a big shopping day...

No, it is valid because stores were open and items were sold. That makes it a sales day. ToyrUs was opened, you even stated that yourself earlier in the thread. The size of the store does not matter at the least, neither does the amount of sales are done on that day. Along with that, Americas is not only the US, so there were sales in other countries as well.

Also, gamestop does more games sales than a lot of stores. So what does that have to do with it?

Toys R Us was open for black friday dude. They opened at 10pm for BF door busters. What was sold in those 2 hours would fall in Fridays sales. By you acting like the people who said thursday was thanksgiving thus GT5 wasnt widely availble and these 2 days dont do the game justice were wrong then you must prove so. which... naming 1 company (sears) which is a small company, isn't proof.

Actually Sears holdings is a pretty big company. You act as if Thursday had no sales what-so-ever. It doesn't matter if it sold 1 copy that day in the US, it is still a sales day. Add to the fact that the comment was about Americas as a whole so even though most stores were closed on Thanksgiving day in the US, that does not discount the fact that there were plenty of stores opened all across the Americas.

I never made any attack on the GT5 numbers, stop being so defensive about the sales number where you see attacks when none are made. He asked about the the sales day so I gave him an answer. Most people didnt expect GT to do CoD launch day numbers, it has always been about a very good launch with excellent legs to carry out it's sales.

Capulous said:

Actually Sears holdings is a pretty big company. You act as if Thursday had no sales what-so-ever. It doesn't matter if it sold 1 copy that day in the US, it is still a sales day. Add to the fact that the comment was about Americas as a whole so even though most stores were closed on Thanksgiving day in the US, that does not discount the fact that there were plenty of stores opened all across the Americas.

I never made any attack on the GT5 numbers, stop being so defensive about the sales number where you see attacks when none are made. He asked about the the sales day so I gave him an answer. Most people didnt expect GT to do CoD launch day numbers, it has always been about a very good launch with excellent legs to carry out it's sales.

If you read my post and the one I replied to, we both said US, not Americas (though the US makes up a good majority of the sales in Americas).  Yes, a few stores were open on Thanksgiving and closed early in the US.  But, if you were to go in those stores (well, not Sears), most of the people in there are doing last minute grocery shopping for Thanksgiving.  So in the end, GT5 may have sold a few units on Thurs, but they were probably miniscule compared to Wed. and Fri. numbers.  If you really wanted to get technical with it, it's more like GT5 had 1.5 days of sales in Americas.

I got my copy from newegg lol, don't think this site even tracks that.

Around the Network

I hope for 5 million by the end of the year

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Launch sales are as I expected. The game should end around 6-7 mil LTD. But of course it will takes more than a year before people predicting 10M sales may admit the true potential of this game.

atma998 said:

Launch sales are as I expected. The game should end around 6-7 mil LTD. But of course it will takes more than a year before people predicting 10M sales may admit the true potential of this game.

It's only going to outsell GT5P by 1-2  mil?

I'm thinking 8.5-9.5mil.

The game is gonna sale 3mil in 2011.

atma998 said:

So, it should stop selling next year?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
atma998 said:

So, it should stop selling next year?

Yeah that's right, no sales starting Jan 1!!!!111one!!1oneone