By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GT5 sells 1.8m in two days WW

postofficebuddy said:

So with BF yet to come it's basically a certainty that GT5's first week will be greater then GT4's first week and first 2 days of sales in EMEAA are just barely shy of GT4's opening week there and as I pointed out before that likely doesn't include sales in the smaller territories. Anyone still think this won't crack 10 million?

forget 10, some doubt 3million LT  -_-

and if these numbers are true, this has already proven some 'first week' predictions for the game as well lol

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Cunning_Linguist said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong as I don't live in the US but Thursday was Thanksgiving right? Are the shops normally open that day? I assumed they closed. My point being that are these numbers not 2 days EMEAA and 1 day US/Japan or have I got that wrong?

That's a good point.  I know Wal-Mart is open, but closes pretty early.  Other than that, I think most retail stores are closed.  This means that those sales would be held off til Black Friday, which would have given GT5 a nice boost without that fact.  So yea, technically it's 2 days in EMEAA, and only 1 day in US/Japan.

Sears, Kmart, Toyrus all opened on Thursday; I do not believe it was the whole day though. Online retailers still took orders as well. Only the US had a holiday, the rest of Americas did not. So stating that it is 2 days sale in the Americas is correct.

Capulous said:
thismeintiel said:
Cunning_Linguist said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong as I don't live in the US but Thursday was Thanksgiving right? Are the shops normally open that day? I assumed they closed. My point being that are these numbers not 2 days EMEAA and 1 day US/Japan or have I got that wrong?

That's a good point.  I know Wal-Mart is open, but closes pretty early.  Other than that, I think most retail stores are closed.  This means that those sales would be held off til Black Friday, which would have given GT5 a nice boost without that fact.  So yea, technically it's 2 days in EMEAA, and only 1 day in US/Japan.

Sears, Kmart, Toyrus all opened on Thursday; I do not believe it was the whole day though. Online retailers still took orders as well. Only the US had a holiday, the rest of Americas did not. So it is correct stating that it is 2 days sale in the Americas.

Vgchartz does not track online sales and Toysrus was open for 2 hours (10pm) for blackfriday door busters.... and who the fuck goes to sears?

And again... How many people are wandering around looking for a game when almost the whole nation is shut down having dinner with their family?

Max King of the Wild said:
Capulous said:
thismeintiel said:
Cunning_Linguist said:

Sears, Kmart, Toyrus all opened on Thursday; I do not believe it was the whole day though. Online retailers still took orders as well. Only the US had a holiday, the rest of Americas did not. So it is correct stating that it is 2 days sale in the Americas.

Vgchartz does not track online sales and Toysrus was open for 2 hours (10pm) for blackfriday door busters.... and who the fuck goes to sears?

And again... How many people are wandering around looking for a game when almost the whole nation is shut down having dinner with their family?

Plenty of people go to Sears or it would have gone out of business a long time ago. You seem to be taking this personally for some reason.

Sales are ridiculous this time of year. Plenty of people go out shopping. If you didn't know, people start lining up the day before Black Friday just to get at those sales, and some even earlier than that.

Edit: Not sure about them tracking online sales, but they do adjust (some) numbers based on financial reports so I'm pretty sure online sales do factor in.

Some serious numbers, friday could add another 1million in sales. 

Around the Network
Capulous said:
Capulous said:
thismeintiel said:
Cunning_Linguist said:

Plenty of people go to Sears or it would have gone out of business a long time ago. You seem to be taking this personally for some reason.

Sales are ridiculous this time of year. Plenty of people go out shopping. If you didn't know, people start lining up the day before Black Friday just to get at those sales, and some even earlier than that.

LOL... ok, you don't know what your talking about. No, sales before thanksgiving aren't ridiculous. It isnt till black friday that they get insane. Stores are like ghost towns on thanksgiving. Everyone is having dinner with family. The country is basically closed down for that day. I have sales numbers if youd like? Last weekend my store did 30k before 1 o'clock on saturday ending with 60k. Today 50k before 1 o clock going on to 100k. Yesterday 400k. Last friday 40k. Last year 330k on black friday.

Capulous said:
Capulous said:
thismeintiel said:
Cunning_Linguist said:

LOL... ok, you don't know what your talking about. No, sales before thanksgiving aren't ridiculous. It isnt till black friday that they get insane. Stores are like ghost towns on thanksgiving. Everyone is having dinner with family. The country is basically closed down for that day. I have sales numbers if youd like? Last weekend my store did 30k before 1 o'clock on saturday ending with 60k. Today 50k before 1 o clock going on to 100k. Yesterday 400k. Last friday 40k.

Actually all I said was sales are ridiculous this time of year and just mentioned how people start lining up before Black Friday for these sales. There were also plenty of sales online and offline leading up to Black Friday.

The country is not closed down for the day. People still work, people still go out, and everyone is not having dinner with their families for 24 hrs. Stores were opened, items were sold, how much effect if had on GT5 sales, I have no idea. But the point is those stores were opened and sales were made. Still not sure why you are trying to argue this point.

And of course the weekend of Black Friday will have huge sales, that is a given.  And making claims and giving me random numbers for a store means absolutely nothing.  The store you work at apparently was not opened Thanksgiving day, so you have no sales numbers to compare for that day.

tombi123 said:

Holy f*cking sh&t! 

1M in Europe in two days with no TV advertising!!! Where is Ginyu now!!! 

Right here felling great because i predicted 2-2.5 million and Vgchartz is predicting 2.4 million, meaning i was right and the guy predicting 4.5 million was laughably wrong.

CGI-Quality said:
heruamon said:

So, this was expected number

With the full first week, it'll blow bast most predictions of 2 mill. So, it's actually doing better than expected, without Black Friday.

it may even outsold GT4 rigth ?

Time to Work !

Well, its somewhat alligned to my 9-12 million prediction post >_>.