By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GT5 sells 1.8m in two days WW

libellule said:
ethomaz said:
libellule said:
the real question is : HOW to get this amount of damage ?

because, if you need to crash your car, in purpose, during 10 minutes to get this : bad

people are not only about the "bad damage", they are complaining about the "too long to get damage"

Sorry. But you already crashed your car? Because to get this amount of damage needs a la lot of crashs.

Cars are harder to make damage... unless you hit on something very different at 200 km/h.

That's not a Arcade race... that's SIMULATORZZZZZZ.

today my mommy's car was hitten by some car from the right. The guy was just going outside from his house to the street at LOW SPEED. I promise you the right side from my mommy's car doesnt look good right now.

it was a LOW speed.

I don't know the work in English but the car's skin is easy to show low damage but after this is a lot more harder make some high damages.

Just going head on the wall will take about 30 minutes or more to make the same amount of damage shown in the video.

Around the Network

And I just remembered Lyrical. Damn, I swear he had a 2 Million lifetime prediction before.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Europes sales will make or break this games legs.

LovePeace said:

GT5 wont outsell Black Ops (Ps3)

Thats pretty much confirmed... Only if they bundle the game next year and it need to be lucky to top Black Ops.

Black Ops 1st Week Ps3 : 4M , LF probably 10M

GT5 1st Week : 2.5 - , LT 7.5M probably.

Black Ops will outsell GT5 week in Week out after GT5 1st week.

Quote this.

2010 (the year after MW2 released): Modern Warfare 2 sold 2.6m. Will probably be at 2.8mil by year's end.

2008 (the year after GT5P released): Gran Tursimo 5: Prologue sold 2.6m. And that was a demo. And it released to a much smaller userbase.

In 2011. I expect Black Ops to sell 3mil and for GT5 to sell about 3.5mil. Could be higher with bundles.

Everyone says its Metacritic score will break its legs, but it didn't even break GT: Prologue's legs. Gran Turismo 5 has a higher score, sooo...

Around the Network
michael_stutzer said:

Everyone says its Metacritic score will break its legs, but it didn't even break GT: Prologue's legs. Gran Turismo 5 has a higher score, sooo...

well, the fact is : GT is not a demo, so it obviously needed a better score compared to GT5pro !

About the legs, GT5pro was cheaper and heavy bundled improving the sales.

Neverthless, as GT5pro was only "a demo", a lot of people didnt bought it (waiting for GT5 like me !) AND a lot bought it as a second hand game (because a lot of peole sold their GT5pro game)

so It is pretty difficult to predict GT5 legs ...

Time to Work !

jneul said:

SIMPLY AMAZING SALES, THE HATERS WILL NOT BE HAPPY NOW, BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT THE RACING GENRE DIED ALREADY

PS I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND ALL THE PEOPLE CALLING THIS OK, THAT IT NEARLY OUTSOLD FORZA 3 IN JUST TWO DAYS ALONE, FORZA 3 IS AT AROUND 3.3M

Forza 3 might be outsold in 1 week! A huge blow to all the bloody haters (essentially those ruddy French websites). The GT community conquers all!!! 

So, this was expected number?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Pretty much expected, and well deserved.

So with BF yet to come it's basically a certainty that GT5's first week will be greater then GT4's first week and first 2 days of sales in EMEAA are just barely shy of GT4's opening week there and as I pointed out before that likely doesn't include sales in the smaller territories. Anyone still think this won't crack 10 million?

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4