By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GT5 sells 1.8m in two days WW

Jay520 said:
atma998 said:

Launch sales are as I expected. The game should end around 6-7 mil LTD. But of course it will takes more than a year before people predicting 10M sales may admit the true potential of this game.

It's only going to outsell GT5P by 1-2  mil?

I'm thinking 8.5-9.5mil.

The game is gonna sale 3mil in 2011.

Well, we'll see. But judging by launch numbers and by reviews, I think my prediction is more reasonable, unless of course, the game is bundled.

Around the Network
atma998 said:
Jay520 said:
atma998 said:

Launch sales are as I expected. The game should end around 6-7 mil LTD. But of course it will takes more than a year before people predicting 10M sales may admit the true potential of this game.

I'm thinking 8.5-9.5mil.

Well, we'll see. But judging by launch numbers and by reviews, I think my prediction is more reasonable, unless of course, the game is bundled.

I think it's going to be a long shot to 10 million as no other PS3 games has done it yet, but it will sell beyond 8 million easily. The thing about these games, they never stop selling, gt5p was still sellling up to this point.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
atma998 said:
Jay520 said:
atma998 said:

I'm thinking 8.5-9.5mil.

I think it's going to be a long shot to 10 million as no other PS3 games has done it yet, but it will sell beyond 8 million easily. The thing about these games, they never stop selling, gt5p was still sellling up to this point.

GT5P sold around 6k last week, which represents around 300k/year.

No game ever reached the 10 million mark on PS3, not even a Call of Duty game nor GTAIV, two far more popular franchises that had bigger launch sales.

atma998 said:
psrock said:
atma998 said:
Jay520 said:
atma998 said:

I'm thinking 8.5-9.5mil.

GT5P sold around 6k last week, which represents around 300k/year.

No game ever reached the 10 million mark on PS3, not even a Call of Duty game nor GTAIV, two far more popular franchises that had bigger launch sales.

Who the hell would buy GT5P the week before GT5 releases?

GT5P sold 2.6mil units in its second year (2008). 

GT5 will sell around 3.0mil in its second year (2011) bringing it's sales to around 8.0mil by the end of 2011. Assuming GT5 sales be around 5.0mil by the end of this year.

Around the Network
atma998 said:

How much do you see GT5 doing in 2010?

How much in 2011?

2012?

thismeintiel said:
Capulous said:

Actually Sears holdings is a pretty big company. You act as if Thursday had no sales what-so-ever. It doesn't matter if it sold 1 copy that day in the US, it is still a sales day. Add to the fact that the comment was about Americas as a whole so even though most stores were closed on Thanksgiving day in the US, that does not discount the fact that there were plenty of stores opened all across the Americas.

I never made any attack on the GT5 numbers, stop being so defensive about the sales number where you see attacks when none are made. He asked about the the sales day so I gave him an answer. Most people didnt expect GT to do CoD launch day numbers, it has always been about a very good launch with excellent legs to carry out it's sales.

If you read my post and the one I replied to, we both said US, not Americas (though the US makes up a good majority of the sales in Americas).  Yes, a few stores were open on Thanksgiving and closed early in the US.  But, if you were to go in those stores (well, not Sears), most of the people in there are doing last minute grocery shopping for Thanksgiving.  So in the end, GT5 may have sold a few units on Thurs, but they were probably miniscule compared to Wed. and Fri. numbers.  If you really wanted to get technical with it, it's more like GT5 had 1.5 days of sales in Americas.

Ok, I may have misunderstood his question since he was referring to the sales numbers from the article (which is worldwide numbers) and then mention EMEAA and US/Japan, without saying anything about other Americas. Sometimes people group in Americas as US. However a sales day is a sales day, stores were open, sales were made. Technically it is still a sales day. Seems like nitpicking. Anyway, I've said my point, it's pointless to continue this.

gt5p opened to 650k, and has sold five million to date.

Given a similar sales pattern- GT5 will sell 19.25 million with a 2.5 million opening

Obviously not going to happen, but I don't see why people find it so hard to believe that it will break the ten million barrier

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Reviews dont affect BIG franchise like GT,COD,Halo.

GT5P is sitting on 80/100 yet managed to do 5m, COD BO is sitting on 88/10 compared to MW2 which is 94/100 yet COD BO sold MORE than MW2.

CGI-Quality said:
Ping_ii said:

Reviews dont affect BIG franchise like GT,COD,Halo.

GT5P is sitting on 80/100 yet managed to do 5m, COD BO is sitting on 88/10 compared to MW2 which is 94/100 yet COD BO sold MORE than MW2.

Glad you pointed CoD/Halo out. Hell, take Mario Kart - Double Dash (87), MK Wii (82). With franchises like these, reviews mean zilch.

Yeh Halo reach has lower score than Halo 3 yet it opened better.