By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Super Mario being controlled by Kinect

Meh I prefer the Wii remote on it's side.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

It reminds me a bit of when smartphones first came out, people saying it was akward and in terms of typing would never replace the traditional phones key pad. Kinect to me seems the samething. Give it a year or two when people like the guy who made this make stuff for it and i can see it doing some really good.

Nintendogamer said:

Meh I prefer the Wii remote on it's side.

No one is pretending Kinect controls is the ideal way to play.

Frankly, a Wiimote isn't ideal either. Not the most comfortable control in the world.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Hyruken said:

It reminds me a bit of when smartphones first came out, people saying it was akward and in terms of typing would never replace the traditional phones key pad. Kinect to me seems the samething. Give it a year or two when people like the guy who made this make stuff for it and i can see it doing some really good.

I look forward to the Kinect Indie games that'll be coming out by the boatload in the near future.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Looks good. Now I want to see Kinect with Zelda

Around the Network

I couldnt imagine trying to do the more presise things needed to do in the levels. I mean it took him what 30seconds just to finally hit the ? block =/ But otherwise neat

looks cool, but uncomfortable. I need to be fast when I play a mario game, and that doesn´t seem to be giving enough precision. Look at smb2 for example he died on a very easy part, just imagine when it gets to the tough parts. 

Anyways it seems kinect has a lot of potencial indeed

That would drive me up and over the damn wall. Interesting though.

I am getting really annoyed at people saying kinect has potential it doesn't, pretty much everything it can do the eye toy already did, sure it can do them a little bit better but thats about it, super mario is pretty much the most basic game there is and kinect can't even play that decently, you can even decide how high you want to jump, all platformers of any kind won't work with kinect, same with anything where you have to move in a 3d world, so whats left, what kinect already has and thats it 

I said it a millon times...

Kinnect and a wiimote (or a nunchuck) would make a hell of a combination.

I am not interested in Kinnect without one though.