By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Super Mario being controlled by Kinect

pariz said:

I said it a millon times...

Kinnect and a wiimote (or a nunchuck) would make a hell of a combination.

I am not interested in Kinnect without one though.

I'm hoping for something similar too. Would make sword and shield RPGs godlike to play. Maybe these "hybrids" refer to that.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
pariz said:

You mean move? Because that's basically what move is 

dfhjrthj

that was horrible...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

OntheEdgeofthemirror said:

I am getting really annoyed at people saying kinect has potential it doesn't, pretty much everything it can do the eye toy already did, sure it can do them a little bit better but thats about it, super mario is pretty much the most basic game there is and kinect can't even play that decently, you can even decide how high you want to jump, all platformers of any kind won't work with kinect, same with anything where you have to move in a 3d world, so whats left, what kinect already has and thats it 

Eyetoy did not have 3D depth sensing.  Eyetoy did very little of what Kinect can do.  The only thing you could do with Eyetoy was watch for areas in the field of view where something (anything) interfered between it and the background.  It didn't know or care where a person was, it couldn't identify you, it couldn't map your body, it couldn't see you in 3D.  A game like Joyride is impossible on Eyetoy because once your hands are in front of your body it has no way of tracking them because it can't see depth.

The only thing they share is the RGB camera and that is not really used for gameplay with Kinect, just to snap photos and shoot video mostly.

So get annoyed all you want but at least learn what you're talking about first or else you're just getting upset for no reason.

Around the Network
pariz said:

You mean move? Because that's basically what move is 

Move can't track your feet.  It's also not tracking your body.  Just your hands and sometimes your head (if you have adequate lighting).  So really it's not the same thing at all.

Pretty cool, but also unplayable. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

daroamer said:

I am getting really annoyed at people saying kinect has potential it doesn't, pretty much everything it can do the eye toy already did, sure it can do them a little bit better but thats about it, super mario is pretty much the most basic game there is and kinect can't even play that decently, you can even decide how high you want to jump, all platformers of any kind won't work with kinect, same with anything where you have to move in a 3d world, so whats left, what kinect already has and thats it 

Eyetoy did not have 3D depth sensing.  Eyetoy did very little of what Kinect can do.  The only thing you could do with Eyetoy was watch for areas in the field of view where something (anything) interfered between it and the background.  It didn't know or care where a person was, it couldn't identify you, it couldn't map your body, it couldn't see you in 3D.  A game like Joyride is impossible on Eyetoy because once your hands are in front of your body it has no way of tracking them because it can't see depth.

The only thing they share is the RGB camera and that is not really used for gameplay with Kinect, just to snap photos and shoot video mostly.

So get annoyed all you want but at least learn what you're talking about first or else you're just getting upset for no reason.

Great post. Its so hard for some people to get the differences between the two. Glad yor here to clear things up for them.

Wow that would get annoying fast. Someone should try and do a speed run on it, and see if they can compete with current times.

Pretty amazing what the mods are doing with Kinect.