By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Nintendo policy for retailers

Nice to hear they are taking advantage of the situation. Might as well make it a competition for stores to make Nintendo as much money as possible.

Around the Network

For those who don't know, Bodhesatva works at ToysRus

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Wow. I wonder if DS/Wii bundles would put any damper on reselling?

nordlead said:

Thank you for explaining that, cause I totally thought he was jerking us off up until you said that.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Interesting. But I think it is unfair to not include software in that evaluation.

Around the Network
Grey Acumen said:
nordlead said:

Thank you for explaining that, cause I totally thought he was jerking us off up until you said that.

well, i figured unless you read his "I'm a ToysRus employee" most people wouldn't know. which, speaking of such thread, TalonMan is getting impatient for an update.... don't mess with admins

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Actually, you can see the effects of this right now at Toys 'R' Us stores in Canada. There is a promotion where you can buy ANY DS game and get a DS Lite for $99.47. Unfortunately, they're all sold out where I live!

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Wow, That makes my decision to get a DS a little easier. Good deals should start popping up left and right now.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I don't quite agree with pressuring retailers. Seems a bit too like Nintendo of old.

Go too far, and it doesn't take long for a single slip and the fall isn't cushioned by happy retail support who were well rewarded with stocking your product.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Fuzzmosis said:
I don't quite agree with pressuring retailers. Seems a bit too like Nintendo of old.

Go too far, and it doesn't take long for a single slip and the fall isn't cushioned by happy retail support who were well rewarded with stocking your product.

It's not pressure, it's a bribe.  All stores get bribes from the 3 major game companies.  Sony offers discounts on their systems and vacations and stuff to employees of the stores who sell the most.  Microsoft offers discounts as well including on all of their products.  This bribe is just a little more straightforward.