By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Nintendo policy for retailers

Well, maybe, rend and reverie. (By the way, you two should get avatars and signatures!). Everyone who didnt get one during the holidays will most likely still be looking for one. Plus Brawl in Feb will be huge. We also have WiiFit and Mario Kart sometime in the first couple months of 08.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

^^^^^
yeah, i totally agree with you man

i work at Gamestop and my manager actually told us that whoever sells
more DS's, gets a $100 giftcard. now i know why... lol

@dryden
hahaha that was funny

God From the Machine

loadedstatement,
I once vandalized my profile after a mod had locked my thread without explanation (I don't even know who it was). But as you've asked me so nicely I will just go ahead and fix it.

rendo,
I think it will be 2 days in January, 1 week in February, 2 weeks in March... The situation will finally normalize. Nintendo just didn't have the time to react in 2007, but they do have it now.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

I don't know if anybody said this or not.

But here's the logic behind it.

Nintendo is more than up to par with production of the DS. They don't have to worry about shortages of them. However, they'd LIKE to worry about shortages - it means they sell more and can turn it up a notch. So, they give retailers incentive to try pushing the DS more, since retailers all want more Wii systems (unless they're complete fools), since the Wii = guaranteed lots of sales.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I personally think it's a great idea as it stops those retailers that have ridiciously priced Ds and Wii bundles (look at some uk retailers- average Wii bundles are over £250) thinking well people will buy them eventually.

They have to seriously rethink their policy as yes say in a month they may sell their overpriced bundles but it may take them 2 months to get more.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

Around the Network

Put me down as finding this a little shady.

On the other hand, as far as shady business practices go, this is pretty tame.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Woo, when is buy a DS get a Wii free bundle comes along? Then I might consider getting a second DS for windows display, with Pokemon on taunting kids walking by.

Ah ha! Now we know the TRUE reason that Nintendo has been withholding Wiis and hoarding them in hidden warehouses around the world!

It's all so obvious now. Nintendo is holding back supplies of the Wii, to sell more DSs!

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq: lol you have worked it out

I want wii fit and I want it now

hmm maybe thats why the DS is pushing so hard, and its sold out on amazon.de.

Now I have to go shopping to find one, I maybe even have to enter a Media Markt (schauder).