By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Pokemon Black/White Thread

lestatdark said:
Immortal said:

Yes! I just met this guy in the annoying desert located above the city for the third badge and he said he came from Hoenn, :D! RS remakes confirmed!

Oh man, you're there already? O.O

I guess I've been spending too much time just messing around with my team, I haven't even got the third badge yet XD. 

I've been spending 9 out of every 10 minutes since I got Black and White playing Black and I've been underleveling with just three Pokemon, :P.

Oh, yeah, by the way, I can hang around after the fourth badge. You wanna race from there and see who beats the Elite Four first, :D?

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network
Immortal said:
lestatdark said:
Immortal said:

Yes! I just met this guy in the annoying desert located above the city for the third badge and he said he came from Hoenn, :D! RS remakes confirmed!

Oh man, you're there already? O.O

I guess I've been spending too much time just messing around with my team, I haven't even got the third badge yet XD. 

I've been spending 9 out of every 10 minutes since I got Black and White playing Black and I've been underleveling with just three Pokemon, :P.

Oh, yeah, by the way, I can hang around after the fourth badge. You wanna race from there and see who beats the Elite Four first, :D?

Nah, since I'm still experimenting with my team, and trying to juggle between 6 pokemon in this phase is a bit overwhelming, especially when I still don't know how my final team will look like. 

This is the first gen, in a very, very long time, where I literally don't know what the heck am I going to do in the post-game xD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

Nah, since I'm still experimenting with my team, and trying to juggle between 6 pokemon in this phase is a bit overwhelming, especially when I still don't know how my final team will look like. 

This is the first gen, in a very, very long time, where I literally don't know what the heck am I going to do in the post-game xD.

Six Pokemon make the game a lot more fun, though. I kinda wanna make a six Pokemon team, but I absolutely hate finding a Pokemon I like when I've already got a full team that I've been training.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Immortal said:
lestatdark said:

Six Pokemon make the game a lot more fun, though. I kinda wanna make a six Pokemon team, but I absolutely hate finding a Pokemon I like when I've already got a full team that I've been training.

I don't mind training a lot of different pokemon, that allows me to set up many different combinations, which is useful later on. Plus it also allows me to train against the other trainers as well, by knowing weaknesses and strengths.

My White team has been changed quite a lot, and I'm still very early in the game. And I've yet to find a Dragon pokemon to add to my team, other than Zekrom xD. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Finally saw a Critical Capture hapenning. It's the new pokemon capture mechanic, where any pokeball only tilts once and has a much higher rate of capturing any pokemon. It happened to me while capturing a Dwebble on the Desert Resort area. 

It's kinda of a neat mechanic and could be pretty useful to capture the legendaries.

Current PC Build

Around the Network

Here's a challenge, convince me to buy Black/White, because I may use my money on something else. What was the pre-order bonus?

Only about 1 1/2 hours into White so far since I can only go as far as my girlfriend has gotten in Black.

Only up to the first gym with my (4) current Pokemon at lvl 10.

I love Pokemon.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:

Only about 1 1/2 hours into White so far since I can only go as far as my girlfriend has gotten in Black.

Only up to the first gym with my (4) current Pokemon at lvl 10.

I love Pokemon.

Pokemon FTW.

The new pokemons have rekindled my passion for the games, by a lot. Everything is new and fresh, it's like the first time I played Red

Current PC Build

battling in the 4th gym in pokemon white(bought both) about 12 hours in

anyone know any good water pokemon in these versions?(beside oshawott)

my party at this moment consists of:

Blitzle,Tranquill, Liepard, Herdier, Gurdurr, and Pignite

arcane_chaos said:

battling in the 4th gym in pokemon white(bought both) about 12 hours in

anyone know any good water pokemon in these versions?(beside oshawott)

my party at this moment consists of:

Blitzle,Tranquill, Liepard, Herdier, Gurdurr, and Pignite

Tympole is a good Water/Ground pokemon, which evolves into Palpitoad at level 25 and Seismitoad at level 36. It's base is 499, with 105 on HP and overall 70's on everything else.

I woudn't recommend Liepard any further, Sandile and it's evolutions are far more better choices for a Dark pokemon, though it's a personal choice

Current PC Build