By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Pokemon Black/White Thread

Immortal said:
lestatdark said:

What kind of security does your Wi-Fi use? The current DS and DSi models only accept non-encryption or WEP-encryption.

It says AES encryption so I suppose it makes sense. I'll try to change it later then.

From where do you go to Liberty Garden Island again?

You've got to get to Castelia city first, then go to the farthest west dock and take the boat there. Make sure you bring a decent amount of Great Balls (at least), since Victini has a catch rate of 3, so you'll be needing a lot of them. 

Petilil's Sleep Powder or Blitzle's Thunder Wave can help as well, but be careful when using Petilil, because Victini's Incinerate can OHKO if you're unlucky.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:

You've got to get to Castelia city first, then go to the farthest west dock and take the boat there. Make sure you bring a decent amount of Great Balls (at least), since Victini has a catch rate of 3, so you'll be needing a lot of them. 

Petilil's Sleep Powder or Blitzle's Thunder Wave can help as well, but be careful when using Petilil, because Victini's Incinerate can OHKO if you're unlucky.

Is there any Pokemon that can Poison so far? I don't think I've caught any, but I've noticed that it works a lot better than Sleep or Paralysis.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Immortal said:
lestatdark said:

Is there any Pokemon that can Poison so far? I don't think I've caught any, but I've noticed that it works a lot better than Sleep or Paralysis.

Venipede on the Pinwheel Forest has Poison Sting right when you catch him, so that's a good choice.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I've never been this excited for a new generation of Pokemon! :)

miz1q2w3e said:

I assure you that you won't be disappointed, :D.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network
Immortal said:
miz1q2w3e said:

I think it's cuz (like you said) It's gonna be like playing Pokemon for the first time - The new gen Pokemon have no "ties" with the older ones (like with Pikachu/Pichu)

Question: Do Pokemon from older gens appear at all in B/W?

miz1q2w3e said:
Immortal said:
miz1q2w3e said:

I think it's cuz (like you said) It's gonna be like playing Pokemon for the first time - The new gen Pokemon have no "ties" with the older ones (like with Pikachu/Pichu)

Not until post-game. That's the fun part - everything is new.

Immortal said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Immortal said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Not until post-game. That's the fun part - everything is new.

Even better :)

I always wanted this to happen for a long time. Seeing old pokemon mixed with new ones always felt kinda weird to me - - - - - - also, getting rid of Zubat/Geodude is a nice bonus n_n

Yes! I just met this guy in the annoying desert located above the city for the third badge and he said he came from Hoenn, :D! RS remakes confirmed!

Immortal said:

Yes! I just met this guy in the annoying desert located above the city for the third badge and he said he came from Hoenn, :D! RS remakes confirmed!

Oh man, you're there already? O.O

I guess I've been spending too much time just messing around with my team, I haven't even got the third badge yet XD. 

Current PC Build