By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Nintendo DS: Will it surpass the GBA in America?

TWRoO said:
DOATS1 said:
i dont think it will. i do think that the 360 will outsell ps2 sales in america. 360 is extremely popular in america. it sounds abit ambitious but i think its achieveable.

That's an ambitious prediction, almost a John Lucas. 360 should have just over 10 million before 2008 starts... That is just over 2 years for 10 million... So to get to 50 mil would be incredible. 'Tizney gonna happen I dunt think.

The reason I think John Lucas' predictions might make more sense than that one is because Xbox 360 demand is, more or less, a known quantity.  It's much less than the PS2 was.  Whereas with the Wii, we have no clue how high the stratosphere is, we just know that retail employees in some places get hundreds of requests per day for a system that's already shipping at very, very high levels (higher than the 360 ever did, that's for sure).

Around the Network

It would need to have at least an 8 year long lifecycle ... but in the same ammount of time I dont think it will be able ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I think it's likely for the main reason that Nintendo had to shorten the GBA's life to counter the release of the PSP. It's really not the DS' fault that it couldn't outsell the GBA in its first year in America. I totally blame that on the PSP.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.