By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario 3 sucks (RANT)

This topic.. just has to be a joke.. I hope so for the sake of mankind :(

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
Farmageddon said:

I'm just rying to understand. I supposed not being able to control Mario was the only explanation to hate it so muh.

"-100/10" sounds like a completely broken game to me.If you said you have no fun with it, well, ok, but this sounds like it actually pains you to play the game.

Tell me, what does it do so wrong that Crash does so much better and what's so great about Crash that SMB3 sucks at?

1.I suffred serious brain damage while playing this.

2.AS for Crash

3.Better jump mechanics

4.MUCH MUCH better level design ( Ever heard of a 3D nintendo?)

5.Much better replay value

6.More loveable characters

7.Gazillion times better boss fights

1. Lol, we can see that :P

Nah, seriously, "I think it's bad" is not an answer for "what you think is bad about it". The very specific things you said in yuo OP are just away too specific (like a few powerups being restricted) to call this a "game".

2. I wasn't supposed to number this, but I don't wanna go back and re-do the numbers, too lazy :P

3. You can jump pretty fast and precisely in SMB3, from far away places to other very narrow platforms or on top enemys withouth a hitch. Well, most people can anyway. Crash's jumping and the game overall is much less fluid. it can be better to your tastes but SMB3's is by no means even close to being broken at that.

4. Lol, how old are you? Besides, it's not like 3D = automatically better. Assuming it is is the same as saying the more buttons a game uses the better it is. I assume you also hate SM World, New SMB and NSMB Wii, right?

5. Ok, Crash on PS1 let's you replay levels and marks your time, while on SMB3 you'd have to replay the whole game in order to replay a level. That's partially on the technology tho, and assume you are not playing it on a NES so you have a way around that if you really want to. But this is a fair complaint, even if far from relevant: no game can be considered brain-f*ck just for limited replayability, and if you think the game is so bad anyway, then you don't want to replayto start with.

Anyway, it's not like this can be solved by reason or anything, I just things you're engaging in a bad, bad case of hyperbole.

world war 3 is upon us people

EL_PATRAS said:

world war 3 is upon us people

If it started over games I would take Japans side long before I take the westerns side =)

TruckOSaurus said:
pizzahut451 said:

I suffred serious brain damage while playing this.

AS for Crash

Better jump mechanics

MUCH MUCH better level design ( Ever heard of a 3D nintendo?)

Much better replay value

More loveable characters

Gazillion times better boss fights

This is a NES game... a 8 bit game... and you want 3D?!?

I wasnt talking about SMB3 only, but for all Mario games that released before Crash 1 on PS1

Around the Network
Metallicube said:
pizzahut451 said:

This game is shit, plain and simple.

Oh, let's all get the warp whistle and warp to "big world"! Too bad big world isn't fucking fun, like the rest of this game. The entire thing is designed to anger and frustrate you. Oh, you get Kuribo's shoe on one fucking level! Wow, pardon me while I make the universal motion for a handjob. Kuribo's shoe fucking sucked. What did it do, exactly? It let you JUMP ON THINGS, something you were able to do the entire fucking game. Oh, also you looked gay.

There are some interesting power-ups in the game, such as Tanookie Mario, Hammer Mario, and Frog Mario. But guess what? You can get them on like 2 levels total, and if you fuck up and get hit ONCE, you lose them, FOREVER. Wow, that's fun! I love games that demand I play perfectly or have no fun, because I'm a fucking jap who strives for absolute perfection in gaming otherwise I kill myself.

Mario 3 may have been interesting or fun at one time, but the game is a worthless piece of shit in today's day and age. It's horribly flawed and full of punch-in-the-dick moments, much more so than it has moments that are just fun to play.

Lolz you are silly. SMB3 is perhaps the best game ever. The minisule things you pick out to use against the game are outright rediculous. You are just one of those people who thinks it's cool to hate what's popular.

I almost had a heart attack while i read that sentence

Farmageddon said:
pizzahut451 said:
Farmageddon said:

I'm just rying to understand. I supposed not being able to control Mario was the only explanation to hate it so muh.

"-100/10" sounds like a completely broken game to me.If you said you have no fun with it, well, ok, but this sounds like it actually pains you to play the game.

Tell me, what does it do so wrong that Crash does so much better and what's so great about Crash that SMB3 sucks at?

1.I suffred serious brain damage while playing this.

2.AS for Crash

3.Better jump mechanics

4.MUCH MUCH better level design ( Ever heard of a 3D nintendo?)

5.Much better replay value

6.More loveable characters

7.Gazillion times better boss fights

1. Lol, we can see that :P

Nah, seriously, "I think it's bad" is not an answer for "what you think is bad about it". The very specific things you said in yuo OP are just away too specific (like a few powerups being restricted) to call this a "game".

I think it is.

2. I wasn't supposed to number this, but I don't wanna go back and re-do the numbers, too lazy :P

Wow...

3. You can jump pretty fast and precisely in SMB3, from far away places to other very narrow platforms or on top enemys withouth a hitch. Well, most people can anyway. Crash's jumping and the game overall is much less fluid. it can be better to your tastes but SMB3's is by no means even close to being broken at that.

Ups, sorry, when i was writing about bad jump mechanics, i was thinking about Mario Galaxy. Sorry i took your time to answer this, but i am too layz to edit my post now.

4. Lol, how old are you? Besides, it's not like 3D = automatically better. Assuming it is is the same as saying the more buttons a game uses the better it is. I assume you also hate SM World, New SMB and NSMB Wii, right?

It does prove to have a lot prettier levels, better character designs and better enemies. Not to forget billion times better animation. And MSBR Wii is not fully 2D. Its like LBP

5. Ok, Crash on PS1 let's you replay levels and marks your time, while on SMB3 you'd have to replay the whole game in order to replay a level. That's partially on the technology tho, and assume you are not playing it on a NES so you have a way around that if you really want to. But this is a fair complaint, even if far from relevant: no game can be considered brain-f*ck just for limited replayability, and if you think the game is so bad anyway, then you don't want to replayto start with.

Not only that, but it also lets you gather gems for diffrent endings and relics for extra levels. its just so much better platformer in every way imaginable.

Anyway, it's not like this can be solved by reason or anything, I just things you're engaging in a bad, bad case of hyperbole.

To be fair, i already said why i despise this ''game'' in my OP. Go read it again.

pizzahut451 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
pizzahut451 said:

AS for Crash

Better jump mechanics

Much better replay value

More loveable characters

I wasnt talking about SMB3 only, but for all Mario games that released before Crash 1 on PS1

According to Wikipedia Mario 64 was released two months before Crash Bandicoot so Mario was already 3D when Crash came along.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
pizzahut451 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
pizzahut451 said:

AS for Crash

Better jump mechanics

Much better replay value

More loveable characters

According to Wikipedia Mario 64 was released two months before Crash Bandicoot so Mario was already 3D when Crash came along.

hmm...then it must have come to my town later (a lot LATER) than Crash 1, because i remember seeing Mario 3D for the first time in 1997. Thans for the information

pizzahut451 said:

To be fair, i already said why i despise this ''game'' in my OP. Go read it again.

Well, the points in your OP are kinda puerile you know, all minor complaints that just shouldn't ammount to so much hate.

It's worse than if I told you Crash sucks because of the 20 second long loading times.