By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario 3 sucks (RANT)

pizzahut451 said:
zarx said:

so because you have a lot of free time you have talent? I don't think it works like that. having a lot of trophies/achievements doesn't mean you have talent just that you played a lot of modern games...

you dont need lot of free time when you have talent >

You can have all the talent at FPSes in the world, but skill at one genre isn't going to carry over into another. You need to practice on easier platformers before jumping into NES-era Mario games.

The original Super Mario Bros. might be a good place to start; it's still hard, but it's much simpler and the only powerup you need to worry about is the fire flower.

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
Bobbuffalo said:
pizzahut451 said:
cloud1161 said:

sounds like to me someone is used to modern gaming where it nearly plays the game for you instead of actually using talent to play it

I have over 1000 trophies and 10 platinums on PS3, so so much for not having talent.

Pfft. Trophies and acheivements are nothing but placebos. Finish Contra without the Konami code and then I'll take you seriously.

Finish Bioshock on Survivior diffuculty without using vita chambers (without dying) and ill take you seriously

I played Bioshock and fell asleep. Too much BS around

pizzahut451 said:

Can you people read? Are you blind`?  its not about the fucking userbase, but a choice and competition. If PS1 was the only worthwile console during its era, like NES was, do you honestly think Crash wouldnt outsell SMB3???  Platformer fans who would normally buy MArio or Sonic game would have no choice but to buy Crash Bandicoot, because it would be THE ONLY good platformer available at the time and given the PS1's userbase, it could easly outsell SMB3.

Is this the same Crash that critics praised for it's graphics and controls, but criticised for it's lack of innovation for a platformer?

That is the difference with the Mario series. Each one sets a new level in platform innovation for it's time.

Bobbuffalo said:
pizzahut451 said:
Bobbuffalo said:
pizzahut451 said:
cloud1161 said:

sounds like to me someone is used to modern gaming where it nearly plays the game for you instead of actually using talent to play it

I have over 1000 trophies and 10 platinums on PS3, so so much for not having talent.

Pfft. Trophies and acheivements are nothing but placebos. Finish Contra without the Konami code and then I'll take you seriously.

Finish Bioshock on Survivior diffuculty without using vita chambers (without dying) and ill take you seriously

I played SMB3 and i woke up in a hospital

RolStoppable said:
pizzahut451 said:
Bobbuffalo said:

I played SMB3 and i woke up in a hospital

I can imagine how that went. You got mad at the game because you lose power-ups when you get hit by an enemy, threw the controller at the wall and then proceeded to punch the TV with your bare fists. The screen broke, you cut your arms at the glass shards and due to the loss of blood you lost your conciousness.

I started crying blood once i saw the PURE EVIL on the screen. Blood started to come out of my ears and mouth and before i knew it or before i  could react to anything, i lost my conciousness. Later, my brother took out the cartdge and threw it on the wall really hard. The cartiidge broke and my brother said that he saw some black bird-like stuff flying out of the cartigde while making some demonic sound that makes you rip yur brain trought your ears and eat it. We later had to burn the NES too, to make sure it wasnt possesed as well. I mean, Nintendo is well know for making games demonic games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGOJmdxdjeA

Around the Network

Wow this thread should have been locked WAY long ago

~locking~

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000