By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario 3 sucks (RANT)

RolStoppable said:
pizzahut451 said:

Ok how much hardware units did the ''competition'' sell? NES wiped the floor with it, you said so yourself. Competition is what SEGA was to Nintendo in SNES era. Or what Microsoft is to Sony today. Yes, there were other hardware units that could play games, i never denied that, but they all went almost unnoticable and forgotten.

And its not about the userbase, its about the competition. If there were no other noticable consoles besides PS1 in 5th gen, than Crash could have easly outsold SMB3.

But i dont even know why you brought this up, because this is a gaming discussion, not a sales discussion. Im talking about the game itself, and how bad it is, not about how popular it is.

NSMB Wii will outsell SMB3, how's that for your little hypothesis? It gives you the choice to admit that you are talking nonsense or you declare the PS3 and 360 to be "not noticable consoles".

Sales show the worth of a game. If people are willing to pay to play a game, then they must see value in it. Of course sales can paint a distorted picture due to things like hype, but that doesn't apply to the game we are talking about here. The dust has settled a long time ago, but Super Mario Bros. 3 still sells today. Why do millions of people pay to play a bad game? Sounds like an illogical thing to do. Perhaps the game isn't bad after all.

And it was you who brought in the question of popularity as well as sales. In the original post you said:

"Mario 3 may have been interesting or fun at one time, but the game is a worthless piece of shit in today's day and age."

PS3 and Xbox 360 are of course noticable consoles, its just that NSMB Wii is simply much more popular than SMB3 ( and billion times better game, might I add) dont act like i said that its impossible for a game to outsell SMB3 unless its console had no competition. NSMB Wii is also hardcore & and casual game one of the strongest brands in gaming. Of course it would outsell SMB3.

And sales show the strenght and popularity of the game's brand. NOTHING MORE. There are hundereds of examples wherer the amazing games sold poorly thanks to its weaker brand.

"Mario 3 may have been interesting or fun at one time, but the game is a worthless piece of shit in today's day and age."

How is this sentence in ayn way related to sales? I meant, that people ight foudn this game good 20 years ago, but if you play it now, its gonna feel like pure shit

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
pizzahut451 said:

Anyway, im not gonna let you guys suck me into this discussion becaause im not herer to discuss the game's sales and popularutiy, but rather how it sucks, so i wont be replaying to your posts, unless they are related to the game itself.

The discussion never was about how the game sucks, because it doesn't. It always was about you sucking at the game.

No, i believe the game is just horrible and the world would be a much better place without it.

Games4Fun said:
pizzahut451 said:

This game is shit, plain and simple.

Oh, let's all get the warp whistle and warp to "big world"! Too bad big world isn't fucking fun, like the rest of this game. The entire thing is designed to anger and frustrate you. Oh, you get Kuribo's shoe on one fucking level! Wow, pardon me while I make the universal motion for a handjob. Kuribo's shoe fucking sucked. What did it do, exactly? It let you JUMP ON THINGS, something you were able to do the entire fucking game. Oh, also you looked gay.

There are some interesting power-ups in the game, such as Tanookie Mario, Hammer Mario, and Frog Mario. But guess what? You can get them on like 2 levels total, and if you fuck up and get hit ONCE, you lose them, FOREVER. Wow, that's fun! I love games that demand I play perfectly or have no fun, because I'm a fucking jap who strives for absolute perfection in gaming otherwise I kill myself.

Mario 3 may have been interesting or fun at one time, but the game is a worthless piece of shit in today's day and age. It's horribly flawed and full of punch-in-the-dick moments, much more so than it has moments that are just fun to play.

Big world is fun along with the rest of the game. I beat this when I was 9 it cant be to frustrating.  Your just mad you didnt invent the shoe. Plus "gay" is not a look it is somones sexual orientation. It is also another word for happy. Which if that is what you  meant then yes it does seem to be a happy shoe.

Sorry the game doesnt hold your hand and let you keep your power ups when you get hit. Forever really doesnt work here because you can just hit Reset and get them again and if you get better you can keep them longer. Im not Asian myself and I had tons of fun with this. Still do actually.

Mario 3 is still the best game to have ever been made. You can make games look prettier but you can never compare to Mario 3 without getting some basics down (the biggest problem with most games today).

Im sorry you didnt enjoy it. But hey least you made a flame thread with a racist slur put in it out of it.

Is it your life's journey to defend this game or something?

pizzahut451 said:
Games4Fun said:
pizzahut451 said:

Oh, let's all get the warp whistle and warp to "big world"! Too bad big world isn't fucking fun, like the rest of this game. The entire thing is designed to anger and frustrate you. Oh, you get Kuribo's shoe on one fucking level! Wow, pardon me while I make the universal motion for a handjob. Kuribo's shoe fucking sucked. What did it do, exactly? It let you JUMP ON THINGS, something you were able to do the entire fucking game. Oh, also you looked gay.

There are some interesting power-ups in the game, such as Tanookie Mario, Hammer Mario, and Frog Mario. But guess what? You can get them on like 2 levels total, and if you fuck up and get hit ONCE, you lose them, FOREVER. Wow, that's fun! I love games that demand I play perfectly or have no fun, because I'm a fucking jap who strives for absolute perfection in gaming otherwise I kill myself.

Mario 3 may have been interesting or fun at one time, but the game is a worthless piece of shit in today's day and age. It's horribly flawed and full of punch-in-the-dick moments, much more so than it has moments that are just fun to play.

Big world is fun along with the rest of the game. I beat this when I was 9 it cant be to frustrating.  Your just mad you didnt invent the shoe. Plus "gay" is not a look it is somones sexual orientation. It is also another word for happy. Which if that is what you  meant then yes it does seem to be a happy shoe.

Sorry the game doesnt hold your hand and let you keep your power ups when you get hit. Forever really doesnt work here because you can just hit Reset and get them again and if you get better you can keep them longer. Im not Asian myself and I had tons of fun with this. Still do actually.

Mario 3 is still the best game to have ever been made. You can make games look prettier but you can never compare to Mario 3 without getting some basics down (the biggest problem with most games today).

Im sorry you didnt enjoy it. But hey least you made a flame thread with a racist slur put in it out of it.

Is it your life's journey to defend this game or something?

No more than it is yours to bash it. Anyways, I thought you wanted to talk about the game not lifes journey? I will not let you drag me into a lifes journey discussion. If it is not about the game I am not responding anymore to your post.

Games4Fun said:
pizzahut451 said:

People are allowed to have different opinions....

Hey, how about this: I beat the game when I was 6 and I didn't like it. However, I absolutely loved SMW and I wouldn't say those two are incomparable in difficulty. 

So what does that make me?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
dtewi said:
Games4Fun said:
pizzahut451 said:

Hey, how about this: I beat the game when I was 6 and I didn't like it. However, I absolutely loved SMW and I wouldn't say those two are incomparable in difficulty. 

He gave his opinion and I gave mine whats your point? Where in any of my post have I once called anyone anything because of a opinion difference? For that matter when have I once called anyone anything on this site?

Games4Fun said:
dtewi said:
Games4Fun said:
pizzahut451 said:

He gave his opinion and I gave mine whats your point? Where in any of my post have I once called anyone anything because of a opinion difference?

Those imply that he is wrong simply for not liking the game.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
Games4Fun said:
dtewi said:
Games4Fun said:
pizzahut451 said:

He gave his opinion and I gave mine whats your point? Where in any of my post have I once called anyone anything because of a opinion difference?

Your point? His post implies my thoughts are wrong and now yours too. Should I be saying the same thing to you you just did to me? He asked a page ago to talk about the game instead of the sales venture it went on so i replied to his opinion with my opinion.

Games4Fun said:
dtewi said:

Your point? His post implies my thoughts are wrong and now yours too. Should I be saying the same thing to you you just did to me? He asked a page ago to talk about the game instead of the sales venture it went on so i replied to his opinion with my opinion.

No, it doesn't. He's not censuring anyone for their opinion: He's just giving his own opinion.

I don't even see him yelling at anyone for having a different opinion, which you and many other people have done.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
Games4Fun said:
dtewi said:

No, it doesn't. He's not censuring anyone for their opinion: He's just giving his own opinion.

I don't even see him yelling at anyone for having a different opinion, which you and many other people have done.

Where did i yell at him? Where are my caps? Where are my !

cen·sure  (snshr)

n.
1. An expression of strong disapproval or harsh criticism.
Wheres the harsh on my part? wheres the strong disapproval? Oh wait that was in the first post of this thread with the foul words and the !