By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario 3 sucks (RANT)

pizzahut451 said:
SuperAdrianK said:
pizzahut451 said:
SuperAdrianK said:

You know when you're game is loved by the tens of millions, you're doing something right whether you like it or not.

You know when you're not a sheep when you make your opinnion based on YOUR experience and not because others find it good or bad

Well, to say everything in this game is terrible doesn't mean it is terrible to everyone else that still plays and enjoy the game. Also, you don't have to be sheep to enjoy a game that many like and find it great to themselves.

So I stand by my point, there doing something right if many people still like it.

What exactly makes them right? I find the game to be the worst thing ever done by the hand of man, they find it good. No one isnt doing anything right or wrong

It makes it right because they made something many people liked. Not everyone is going to like it, because thats just impossible, but it does a great job on making people enjoy the game.

Now, whats not right about that?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
pizzahut451 said:
RolStoppable said:

Sure, it won't. But nevertheless it says a lot about the quality of Super Mario Bros. 3 if it can still outsell the vast majority of brandnew games 20 years after its original release.

A LOT OF STUFF changed since NES generation, you should know that.

Precisely. Technology advanced, development team sizes and budgets multiplied by many times and the video games market as a whole grew by a lot. Yet the majority of new games still can't beat Super Mario Bros. 3 with all those advantages going for them. And I am not refering to phenomenon that Super Mario Bros. 3 was back then when it got originally released, I am talking about the here and now where the platformer isn't even a new game.

Not many games stand the test of time and titles that get hailed for their fantastic graphics get laughed at for being primitive a decade later. Nobody in their right mind would laugh at Super Mario Bros. 3. Quite the opposite is the case, as people are still stunned that the simple NES could offer such a polished and rich gaming experience.

It is one of those games where you can tell by playing it that a lot of heart and soul was put into making it.

SuperAdrianK said:
pizzahut451 said:
SuperAdrianK said:
pizzahut451 said:
SuperAdrianK said:

You know when you're game is loved by the tens of millions, you're doing something right whether you like it or not.

You know when you're not a sheep when you make your opinnion based on YOUR experience and not because others find it good or bad

Well, to say everything in this game is terrible doesn't mean it is terrible to everyone else that still plays and enjoy the game. Also, you don't have to be sheep to enjoy a game that many like and find it great to themselves.

So I stand by my point, there doing something right if many people still like it.

What exactly makes them right? I find the game to be the worst thing ever done by the hand of man, they find it good. No one isnt doing anything right or wrong

It makes it right because they made something many people liked. Not everyone is going to like it, because thats just impossible, but it does a great job on making people enjoy the game.

Even if 5.999.999.999 people in the world liked the game and only 1 didnt, that doesnt make those 5.999.999.999 people right and that 1 person wrong

Guys, guys, what are you talking about?

The graphics are 2D. That means the game is inherently inferior.

I don't see how you could deny that logic.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

pizzahut451 said:
SuperAdrianK said:
pizzahut451 said:
SuperAdrianK said:
pizzahut451 said:
SuperAdrianK said:

Even if 5.999.999.999 people in the world liked the game and only 1 didnt, that doesnt make those 5.999.999.999 people right and that 1 person wrong

He's not talking about who's damn right or wrong for liking the game. The fact is since that so many people like the game and such an infinitesimal minority don't, that must mean the company that developed it had to have done something right when making the game, otherwise it wouldn't have had such a massive majority of people who like it.

Again: if so many like it, that must mean the GAME COMPANY, THE GAME COMPANY, had done something right when making the game.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
pizzahut451 said:
RolStoppable said:

Sure, it won't. But nevertheless it says a lot about the quality of Super Mario Bros. 3 if it can still outsell the vast majority of brandnew games 20 years after its original release.

Precisely. Technology advanced, development team sizes and budgets multiplied by many times and the video games market as a whole grew by a lot. Yet the majority of new games still can't beat Super Mario Bros. 3 with all those advantages going for them. And I am not refering to phenomenon that Super Mario Bros. 3 was back then when it got originally released, I am talking about the here and now where the platformer isn't even a new game.

Not many games stand the test of time and titles that get hailed for their fantastic graphics get laughed at for being primitive a decade later. Nobody in their right mind would laugh at Super Mario Bros. 3. Quite the opposite is the case, as people are still stunned that the simple NES could offer such a polished and rich gaming experience.

You seem to forget one single thing NES didnt have: Competition. No other console or game came even close to the fame NES and Mario got.While NES sold over 60 million units, the competitor console probably didnt even make it pass 1 million.So what else were customers gonna buy except a NES game? If EVERYBODY in 5th gen era bought PS1 and only PS1, you could be damn sure that Crash Bandicoot could easly outsell SMB3...

pizzahut451 said:
RolStoppable said:
pizzahut451 said:
RolStoppable said:

You seem to forget one single thing NES didnt have: Competition. No other console or game came even close to the fame NES and Mario got.While NES sold over 60 million units, the competitor console probably didnt even make it pass 1 million.So what else are were customers gonna buy except a NES game? If EVERYBODY in 5th gen era bought PS1 and only PS1, you could be damn sure that Crash Bandicoot could easly outsell SMB3...

Ps1 outsold NES by alot and Crash did not outsell SMB3.....

dtewi said:

Guys, guys, what are you talking about?

The graphics are 2D. That means the game is inherently inferior.

I don't see how you could deny that logic.

The superior technology usually (i said USUALLY, but not always, please take a note) leads to a superior game.

Games4Fun said:
pizzahut451 said:
RolStoppable said:
pizzahut451 said:
RolStoppable said:

You seem to forget one single thing NES didnt have: Competition. No other console or game came even close to the fame NES and Mario got.While NES sold over 60 million units, the competitor console probably didnt even make it pass 1 million.So what else are were customers gonna buy except a NES game? If EVERYBODY in 5th gen era bought PS1 and only PS1, you could be damn sure that Crash Bandicoot could easly outsell SMB3...

Maybe because PS1 had N64 and SEGA Saturn on its ass and NES had no worthwile competitive consoles?

pizzahut451 said:
Games4Fun said:
pizzahut451 said:
RolStoppable said:
pizzahut451 said:
RolStoppable said:

Maybe because PS1 had N64 and SEGA Saturn on its ass and NES had no worthwile competitive consoles?

You are comparing games with a 2 gen difference. With what is around 40 million more consoles sold it should have sold more but it takes all 3 Crash games to pass Super Mario Bros 3. Also Mairo64 sold 11million units with the Ps1 as market leader. Highest Crash game sold7.57million which is Crash Bandicoot 2 This is using your logic which is flawed. How many people do think needed to buy a PS1 for Crash to have sold more? THe N64 sold 32million it was nowhere near PS1. Even bigger gap between Sega Saturn and PS1. 

Where you alive during the NES era? This is where one of the big differences in opinion comes from. I was alive I was a kid I was there The day Super Mario Bros 3 came out. It was my familys first preordered game actually. Anyways the point is if you grew up with Crash as I did Mario it is almost a given which you enjoyed more. To be honest I enjoyed Crash 1,2,3, but if i had to choose one game to have ever played it will still be Super Mario Bros 3 without even needing a second to think about it.

Im not really sure why I choose to respond to anything in this thread as it is just plainly a thread that should have been locked when you got banned. Anyways, back to playing a game. This is just a joke thread anyways. Made to get flames going around. Its even on  your wall.