By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario 3 sucks (RANT)

I've never seen a post like that in my life about SMB3! The guy's got balls. I predict a 300 post thread.

Around the Network
Farmageddon said:
pizzahut451 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
pizzahut451 said:

What exactly makes them right? I find the game to be the worst thing ever done by the hand of man, they find it good. No one isnt doing anything right or wrong

Yes you are wrong.

You have every right to find to game too hard, too boring and not like how Mario controls BUT you can't consider it "the worst thing ever done by the hand of man".

First, the hand of man has made some pretty horrible things (genocides, rape, murder, KFC's double down) but even if we limit ourselves to the world of gaming, you can't objectively say SMB3 is the worst game ever because there's games out there that are barely playable, full of bugs, that practically no one wants to play.

SMB3 is a quality game that you just happen to not enjoy.

Why did you take that sentence literally ?

Not his fault, you sound really extreme about everything and complain of minor things as if they were huge, it's kind of hard to keep track of what's literal.

No matter how extreme i sound (im not extreme at all btw), he shouldnt get a sentence like that literally...

Games4Fun said:
pizzahut451 said:
Games4Fun said:
pizzahut451 said:
Games4Fun said:
pizzahut451 said:

This game is shit, plain and simple.

Oh, let's all get the warp whistle and warp to "big world"! Too bad big world isn't fucking fun, like the rest of this game. The entire thing is designed to anger and frustrate you. Oh, you get Kuribo's shoe on one fucking level! Wow, pardon me while I make the universal motion for a handjob. Kuribo's shoe fucking sucked. What did it do, exactly? It let you JUMP ON THINGS, something you were able to do the entire fucking game. Oh, also you looked gay.

There are some interesting power-ups in the game, such as Tanookie Mario, Hammer Mario, and Frog Mario. But guess what? You can get them on like 2 levels total, and if you fuck up and get hit ONCE, you lose them, FOREVER. Wow, that's fun! I love games that demand I play perfectly or have no fun, because I'm a fucking jap who strives for absolute perfection in gaming otherwise I kill myself.

Mario 3 may have been interesting or fun at one time, but the game is a worthless piece of shit in today's day and age. It's horribly flawed and full of punch-in-the-dick moments, much more so than it has moments that are just fun to play.

Big world is fun along with the rest of the game. I beat this when I was 9 it cant be to frustrating.  Your just mad you didnt invent the shoe. Plus "gay" is not a look it is somones sexual orientation. It is also another word for happy. Which if that is what you  meant then yes it does seem to be a happy shoe.

Sorry the game doesnt hold your hand and let you keep your power ups when you get hit. Forever really doesnt work here because you can just hit Reset and get them again and if you get better you can keep them longer. Im not Asian myself and I had tons of fun with this. Still do actually.

Mario 3 is still the best game to have ever been made. You can make games look prettier but you can never compare to Mario 3 without getting some basics down (the biggest problem with most games today).

Im sorry you didnt enjoy it. But hey least you made a flame thread with a racist slur put in it out of it.

Is it your life's journey to defend this game or something?

No more than it is yours to bash it. Anyways, I thought you wanted to talk about the game not lifes journey? I will not let you drag me into a lifes journey discussion. If it is not about the game I am not responding anymore to your post.

Hahaha, you anger amuses me :D :D :D. Anyway, there is nothing to talk about your post. You just expressed your opinnion and tried to disporeve mine. Im not gonna try to dispore your opinnion because i cant change it, and you cant change mine, so its pointless.

Whos angry? I rather enjoyed the discussion

Yes, i can see that

pizzahut451 said:
Farmageddon said:

Not his fault, you sound really extreme about everything and complain of minor things as if they were huge, it's kind of hard to keep track of what's literal.

No matter how extreme i sound (im not extreme at all btw), he shouldnt get a sentence like that literally...

What I mean is, should it be taken seriously when you say SMB3 shouldn't even be considered a game, or that it's the worst game ever and completely broken?

Just a side note back to an earlier part of the discussion.

It was commented, not sure by whom, that NES did not have any worthwhile competitor. This is a terribly false statement. 

SEGA had a console out. It was called Sega Master System and was pretty much every bit as good as the NES. It's biggest failing is it didn't really advertise much if at all. The system sold 13 Million consoles, which is a fair number of consoles sold. Not huge in comparison to the NES at nearly 62 million, but not bad considering how much the NES had the market dominated before the SMS came out.

Around the Network

-broken post, ignore-

(Disregard my broken posts above. My internet does not like this site for some reason and keeps screwing up my damn posts.)

pizzahut451 said:
Farmageddon said:
pizzahut451 said:
Farmageddon said:

As I said before, not liking SMB3 as much isn't the hard part to understand, but thinking so low of the game. Well, opinions are opinions.

How much out of ten would you score SMB3? Can you compare it to games which are universally considered bad?

And really, are you sure you can properly control Mario? :P

- 100/10. Thats how high would i rate it (notice the minus in front of 100)

And how hard it is to controll a side scrolling platformer?

I'm just rying to understand. I supposed not being able to control Mario was the only explanation to hate it so muh.

"-100/10" sounds like a completely broken game to me.If you said you have no fun with it, well, ok, but this sounds like it actually pains you to play the game.

Tell me, what does it do so wrong that Crash does so much better and what's so great about Crash that SMB3 sucks at?

I suffred serious brain damage while playing this.

AS for Crash

Better jump mechanics

MUCH MUCH better level design ( Ever heard of a 3D nintendo?)

Much better replay value

More loveable characters

Gazillion times better boss fights

Wow, well aren't you a fucking idiot? NES can't handle 3D platforming because it's a fucking 8-bit console. NES has limitations so why the fuck are you criticizing SMB3 for being 2D? And by the way, 3D doesn't always means better than 2D. I bet your favorite Sonic game is one of the shitty games such as Sonic 06.

Oh and since you are so ignorant, I would love to point out how fucking more retarded you are. Nintendo DID make 3D Mario games for the N64 and beyond. Ever heard of Mario 64, mother fucker? Probably didn't since you're such an ignorant piece of shit who can't play video games except for Bobby Kotick's (aka greedy faggot who overcharges everyone with shitty DLC) shit games such as Call of Duty.

And you... suffering brain damage while playing that game? Pffft, don't make me laugh. Judging by your posts, you are already suffering brain damage because you are so god damned retarded. Go back to gamefaqs you dumbass.

sounds like to me someone is used to modern gaming where it nearly plays the game for you instead of actually using talent to play it

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost