By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 - A list of 1,031 cars!

Nice List only a few more days to go!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

To the people complaining about the lack of 'new' cars and favorites.... this is GT afterall. Sony will push DLC for this game like no other since the DLC will sell better than most PSN games. One of the reasons they said they were delaying the game was the addition of newly released cars/technologies. They had to cut the ribbon at some point in time and say "okay lets get it out". If they kept adding new cars, the game would have never been released, since new performance cars and various derivatives are released fairly often.

I expect to see at least a handful of DLC packs available BEFORE 2011 rolls around.

Content patches should be rather large as well. I read somewhere that they planned on updating the track editor eventually, and maybe even adding support for bikes down the road via content patches.

HexenLord said:

To the people complaining about the lack of 'new' cars and favorites.... this is GT afterall. Sony will push DLC for this game like no other since the DLC will sell better than most PSN games. One of the reasons they said they were delaying the game was the addition of newly released cars/technologies. They had to cut the ribbon at some point in time and say "okay lets get it out". If they kept adding new cars, the game would have never been released, since new performance cars and various derivatives are released fairly often.

I expect to see at least a handful of DLC packs available BEFORE 2011 rolls around.

Content patches should be rather large as well. I read somewhere that they planned on updating the track editor eventually, and maybe even adding support for bikes down the road via content patches.

Exactly. Expect the car list to bloat into the 1500's within a couple of years, they'll probably survey the market and do their best to give their consumers what they want.

disolitude said:

Wow all those cars...and I still can't find some of the cars I'd like to see.

1991 -1995 Dodge Stealth TT??? Yhaa I know 3000GT  is there but really??? I owned one and would love to drive that. (Forza had it)

1994 - 1998 Ford Mustang??? Again...I had a 1995 GT Mustang...no such car here. I know that the car was shit(I drove it) but still, its a sports coupe.

While we are on topic of Mustangs...Saleen Mustang? 2005-2011 Shelby mustang(500 hp)? These are highest selling performance cars in America.

Hell where is the 2011 Mustang GT? Its apparently able to keep up with an M3 on a track... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOwSPccbzl4

The list of cars is really impressive but its kinda obvious that these guys probably aren't fans of American cars.

Thats probably because most American cars are really bad, and are just known for their power.

Smart Men answer questions, Wise men ask questions.
Gamers play games, True Gamers support Gaming

Packie said:
BHR-3 said:

really disappointing in the list big time

a shit load of rs7s and s2000 and who knows about others that ive missed

when they said over 1000 vehicles i would think that means over 1000 different types or year range of vehicles

but not even one 80s mustang, camaro, motecarlo, or daytona heck theres not even a firebird/transam in that list

definitely not a day one for me they better add more different cars via DLC

You said it. What a disappointing list!

Where is the Jeep-Wrangler, the lumina, the El-camino, caprice royale? Hell, there isn't even any decent 4x4 cars.

I can't believe it took them 5 years for this joke list.

If you can name any other game with more types of cars then GT5, Please share.
Otherwise.

Around the Network
ConnorJCP said:
disolitude said:

1991 -1995 Dodge Stealth TT??? Yhaa I know 3000GT  is there but really??? I owned one and would love to drive that. (Forza had it)

1994 - 1998 Ford Mustang??? Again...I had a 1995 GT Mustang...no such car here. I know that the car was shit(I drove it) but still, its a sports coupe.

While we are on topic of Mustangs...Saleen Mustang? 2005-2011 Shelby mustang(500 hp)? These are highest selling performance cars in America.

Hell where is the 2011 Mustang GT? Its apparently able to keep up with an M3 on a track... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOwSPccbzl4

The list of cars is really impressive but its kinda obvious that these guys probably aren't fans of American cars.

Thats probably because most American cars are really bad, and are just known for their power.

See, that's why you people are such idiots. You don't know anything about cars to say that. But I am not saying I want more crappy Mustangs, infact those can stay the hell out of the game. We already are getting a few and that is enough. Some Amaerica supercars aren't even in the game, not even their companies represented by one single model. These supercars are some of the best cars today, that destroy most Ferrari's, Lambo's, Lotus', Aston's and so forth. All cause you only know one spectrum of car engineering doesn't mean you should be ignorant. Yes, American cars are known for "power", but it's your fault for that, not ours. Perhaps pick up a issue of Car and Driver some day Mr. Oblivious and stop day dreaming with your uninformed hatred. Don't generalize please.

EDIT: This post has been moderated. -d1

Only 3 Volvos and not even one Saab. Meanwhile there's hundreds of meaningless Japanese models. I don't know how they're thinking.

Oh well, the game is still fantastic.

Packie said:
BHR-3 said:

when they said over 1000 vehicles i would think that means over 1000 different types or year range of vehicles

but not even one 80s mustang, camaro, motecarlo, or daytona heck theres not even a firebird/transam in that list

Where is the Jeep-Wrangler, the lumina, the El-camino, caprice royale? Hell, there isn't even any decent 4x4 cars.

ConnorJCP said:
Packie said:
BHR-3 said:

If you can name any other game with more types of cars then GT5, Please share.
Otherwise.

Try and tell me that most of these vehicles aren't the same type of car with a different year model. No seriously, go ahead.

funny pic you've got there, I'll admit that.

FireBringer said:
ConnorJCP said:
disolitude said:

See, that's why you people are such idiots. You don't know anything about cars to say that. But I am not saying I want more crappy Mustangs, infact those can stay the hell out of the game. We already are getting a few and that is enough. Some Amaerica supercars aren't even in the game, not even their companies represented by one single model. These supercars are some of the best cars today, that destroy most Ferrari's, Lambo's, Lotus', Aston's and so forth. All cause you only know one spectrum of car engineering doesn't mean you should be ignorant. Yes, American cars are known for "power", but it's your fault for that, not ours. Perhaps pick up a issue of Car and Driver some day Mr. Oblivious and stop day dreaming with your uninformed hatred. Don't generalize please.

Ok, tell me about a Mainstream American car Manufacturer that is as good as you say.
But remember, it can not be a car that is customarily made for you.