By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 - A list of 1,031 cars!

Jay520 said:
disolitude said:

And people ask why GT series isn't as popular in America...

The racing genre isn't as popular in America as in Europe. Look at every racing game and you will see it sold better in Europe.

The exception  would be Nascar.
 Europe doesn't seem to be interested at all with Nascar even though you have more door to door racing in Nascar.

Around the Network

I hope they have a lot of DLC, and maybe have a download for say $40-50 to get all the DLC in the game instead of buying every piece when it comes out. Same money, but also invest a lot more than most do in a racing game. I would buy it instantly, cause I want more modern supercars and I also want some of the standards to be premium.

....So close to the release, goosh!

I'll never understand people's obsession with this game.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Jay520 said:
disolitude said:

And people ask why GT series isn't as popular in America...

The racing genre isn't as popular in America as in Europe. Look at every racing game and you will see it sold better in Europe.

That's because there's cornering in racing games...

FireBringer said:

I hope they have a lot of DLC, and maybe have a download for say $40-50 to get all the DLC in the game instead of buying every piece when it comes out. Same money, but also invest a lot more than most do in a racing game. I would buy it instantly, cause I want more modern supercars and I also want some of the standards to be premium.

....So close to the release, goosh!

Eariler this year PD claim that there wouldn't be any DLC.
Of course they could  have change their mind since then.

Around the Network
_BetterThanToast_ said:
lestatdark said:
_BetterThanToast_ said:

I wonder how many of the cars the average player is gona end up using. I know i'll try and use them all, but its going to be tough. Predictions anyone?

Also, anyone else been playing prologue to get themselves warmed up? I still can't get better than bronze on S-6, try as i might lol.

Well, for comparison, GT4 had about 700 cars, and I ended up having 300 tops in my garage. Some of them were very hard to get, because either they were available in rare occasions in the Used shops, or were only available on specific days. Plus, some cars were only obtained in very difficult competitions, such as the endurance races or the Driving Missions.

I figure out that GT5 will follow a similar pattern, although it does have a trophy for having a full garage, so completionists and trophy whores will probably get all 1031 cars.

The S-6 is the Ferrari F-40 in Suzuka right? I only got the gold after a couple of days trying. Are you using a wheel or DS3? My suggestion is lots of slipstream during the first chicanes and gentle acceleration. If you're in 5th - 6th position coming into the hairpin, you're well positioned for the Gold. 

Ok so getting even 1/3 of the cars will an achievement then.

I'm using a dfgt, simulation, professional physics. I can get into 4th at the hairpin but i can only get just behind the audi thats in second place. I can get bronze consistently but gold seems impossible for me. Silver maybe if i have a fantastic lap.

4th is pretty good at the hairpin, but that's were things get more complicated. I did it with the DS3 though (on simulation, pro physics as well), reducing to 3rd and accelerating gently in the spoon, exiting it at 140-150 (KPH). When you get to the 130R curb, do you take it at 180 or 200? I found that breaking early and accelerating wide into 200 just barely gets me through with enough speed to catch up to the first place car, overtaking him at the last chicane.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
_BetterThanToast_ said:
lestatdark said:
_BetterThanToast_ said:

I wonder how many of the cars the average player is gona end up using. I know i'll try and use them all, but its going to be tough. Predictions anyone?

Also, anyone else been playing prologue to get themselves warmed up? I still can't get better than bronze on S-6, try as i might lol.

Well, for comparison, GT4 had about 700 cars, and I ended up having 300 tops in my garage. Some of them were very hard to get, because either they were available in rare occasions in the Used shops, or were only available on specific days. Plus, some cars were only obtained in very difficult competitions, such as the endurance races or the Driving Missions.

I figure out that GT5 will follow a similar pattern, although it does have a trophy for having a full garage, so completionists and trophy whores will probably get all 1031 cars.

The S-6 is the Ferrari F-40 in Suzuka right? I only got the gold after a couple of days trying. Are you using a wheel or DS3? My suggestion is lots of slipstream during the first chicanes and gentle acceleration. If you're in 5th - 6th position coming into the hairpin, you're well positioned for the Gold. 

Ok so getting even 1/3 of the cars will an achievement then.

I'm using a dfgt, simulation, professional physics. I can get into 4th at the hairpin but i can only get just behind the audi thats in second place. I can get bronze consistently but gold seems impossible for me. Silver maybe if i have a fantastic lap.

4th is pretty good at the hairpin, but that's were things get more complicated. I did it with the DS3 though (on simulation, pro physics as well), reducing to 3rd and accelerating gently in the spoon, exiting it at 140-150 (KPH). When you get to the 130R curb, do you take it at 180 or 200? I found that breaking early and accelerating wide into 200 just barely gets me through with enough speed to catch up to the first place car, overtaking him at the last chicane.

Wow with a ds3. Beast. I'll try braking earlier at 130R. I think i'm just butchering the end of the lap.

this is an awesome list

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3