By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 - A list of 1,031 cars!

ConnorJCP said:
skeezer said:
  • S Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car
  • S Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car
  • In response to ConnorJPC.... whats the difference between these two cars? Should they be considered different?  As much as I love Gran Turismo [and I have owned every single GT game] I'm tired of 50 Skylines, 30 Miatas, 30 RX-7s, why can't they give me 1 Ferrari F50, 1 Lamborghini Reventon, and 1 Koenigsegg CCX?

Yes, they should.
    Go find some information about them, or even look up them on google images, you will see a clear difference.
    So, before you call me out, do your research.

Did that, found 1 car.

Hey can you actually tell me how much cars on this list werent in GT4 or GTpsp?

^_^

Around the Network
    skeezer said:
    ConnorJCP said:
    skeezer said:
  • In response to ConnorJPC.... whats the difference between these two cars? Should they be considered different?  As much as I love Gran Turismo [and I have owned every single GT game] I'm tired of 50 Skylines, 30 Miatas, 30 RX-7s, why can't they give me 1 Ferrari F50, 1 Lamborghini Reventon, and 1 Koenigsegg CCX?

Yes, they should.
    Go find some information about them, or even look up them on google images, you will see a clear difference.

Did that, found 1 car.

Race

Road

Edited because picture was too big.

Smart Men answer questions, Wise men ask questions.
    Gamers play games, True Gamers support Gaming

skeezer said:
    ConnorJCP said:
    skeezer said:

Yes, they should.

Did that, found 1 car.

And no, but im pretty sure a large factor of them where in GT4 and its psp port.
    Just with a graphical overhaul, is there something wrong with that?

Smart Men answer questions, Wise men ask questions.
    Gamers play games, True Gamers support Gaming

ConnorJCP said:
    skeezer said:
    ConnorJCP said:
    skeezer said:

Yes, they should.

Did that, found 1 car.

And no, but im pretty sure a large factor of them where in GT4 and its psp port.
    Just with a graphical overhaul, is there something wrong with that?

There's the problem, it shouldn't have taken as long as it did if all they were doing was a "graphical overhaul". Someone should go ahead and count how many cars are from 2008-2010. I'm gonna pray for DLC car packs.

^_^

ConnorJCP said:
    disolitude said:
    ConnorJCP said:
    disolitude said:

Wow all those cars...and I still can't find some of the cars I'd like to see.

1991 -1995 Dodge Stealth TT??? Yhaa I know 3000GT  is there but really??? I owned one and would love to drive that. (Forza had it)

1994 - 1998 Ford Mustang??? Again...I had a 1995 GT Mustang...no such car here. I know that the car was shit(I drove it) but still, its a sports coupe.

While we are on topic of Mustangs...Saleen Mustang? 2005-2011 Shelby mustang(500 hp)? These are highest selling performance cars in America.

Hell where is the 2011 Mustang GT? Its apparently able to keep up with an M3 on a track... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOwSPccbzl4

The list of cars is really impressive but its kinda obvious that these guys probably aren't fans of American cars.

Thats probably because most American cars are really bad, and are just known for their power.

They are not bad at all, but that doesn't matter.

Shitload of people buys American sports cars and would probably love to play with them in the "official" racing game of this generation... And people ask why GT series isn't as popular in America...

I'm sure there would be lots of good american sports cars, but none of them are recognized/mainstream, so i wouldn't really know about them.

And remember, to be a sports car, it has to be able to go around a corner, which is what most american cars struggle at.

You watch too much top gear. Those guys are amazing car journalists right?

Im not going to do reaserach and post links for you in order to help you sound less ignorant, but I suggest you take a look at the new CTSV, ZR1 or the Mustang GT and see how much they cost and what European cars they match or beat in performance. Must suck to have to pay almost 2X as much for comparable cars...

Around the Network
    disolitude said:
    ConnorJCP said:
    disolitude said:
    ConnorJCP said:
    disolitude said:

Wow all those cars...and I still can't find some of the cars I'd like to see.

1991 -1995 Dodge Stealth TT??? Yhaa I know 3000GT  is there but really??? I owned one and would love to drive that. (Forza had it)

1994 - 1998 Ford Mustang??? Again...I had a 1995 GT Mustang...no such car here. I know that the car was shit(I drove it) but still, its a sports coupe.

While we are on topic of Mustangs...Saleen Mustang? 2005-2011 Shelby mustang(500 hp)? These are highest selling performance cars in America.

Hell where is the 2011 Mustang GT? Its apparently able to keep up with an M3 on a track... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOwSPccbzl4

The list of cars is really impressive but its kinda obvious that these guys probably aren't fans of American cars.

Thats probably because most American cars are really bad, and are just known for their power.

They are not bad at all, but that doesn't matter.

Shitload of people buys American sports cars and would probably love to play with them in the "official" racing game of this generation... And people ask why GT series isn't as popular in America...

I'm sure there would be lots of good american sports cars, but none of them are recognized/mainstream, so i wouldn't really know about them.

And remember, to be a sports car, it has to be able to go around a corner, which is what most american cars struggle at.

Im not going to do reaserach and post links for you in order to help you sound less ignorant, but I suggest you take a look at the new CTSV, ZR1 or the Mustang GT and see how much they cost and what European cars they match or beat in performance. Must suck to have to pay almost 2X as much for comparable cars...

You're right, the problem is though, that it took the US 30 years to finally broaden their vehicles' performance aspects.

HexenLord said:

You're right, the problem is though, that it took the US 30 years to finally broaden their vehicles' performance aspects.

I don't argue that...It guess it took 30 years for Americans to combine affordable and well engeneered.

However 2 of the 3 cars I listed above are not in GT5 and its European and Japanese rivals are.

Not to mention that a single Pontiac Firebird isn't there (no knight rider? come on :) ), nor is the G8 GXP. They could have just used the Holded Monaro and added the Pontiac badge on it, as its the same freekin car.

I kind of dissapointed they don't have more consumer cars like the Toyota Matrix, Chevy Impala, or even a Jeep!

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
    19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
    19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
    19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
    19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
    19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
    19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
    disolitude said:
    HexenLord said:

I don't argue that...It guess it took 30 years for Americans to combine affordable and well engeneered.

However 2 of the 3 cars I listed above are not in GT5 and its European and Japanese rivals are.

Not to mention that a single Pontiac Firebird isn't there (no knight rider? come on :) ), nor is the G8 GXP. They could have just used the Vauxhaul VXR8 and added the Pontiac badge on it, as its the same freekin car.

I guarantee that there will be enough DLC packs to satisfy a large portion of the dis-satisfied gamers. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a future (American Muscle) DLC pack is released with some of the newer Domestic performance cars included. 

Sony will push PD to milk out as much as they can for the publicity. DLCs and updates will be fairly common. Packs might release with 6 cars, 12 cars, or even 24-30 cars. Updates might be released upgrading large batches of standard cars to premium cars. You have to acknowledge the fact that they're already trying to cram a wee bit too much glorious HD content onto a single Blu-Ray disk. Even if the disk was NOTHING but car files, that would put each vehicle at a meager 35MB. I'm suprised they pulled off what they have in the first place. 

DLC will be their answer to the lack of vehicles and the space issue. Could they have included a 2nd disk that could have just been installed and then forgotten? Sure, but not everyone has ~20 GB of HDD space on their PS3 to spend.

Bought me the Logitech Driving Force GT Steering Wheel yesterday in preperation for this game. Can't wait!