By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo introducing new Wii colors in Japan, including..

Aw. I want a pink Wii. Drat.

Around the Network

New colors to keep demand high after the holidays. Nintendemons!

I hope US gets those colors too.

"Like you know"

Meh, I've already got my Wii.

The color names suck though.

Diamond BLACK?! I've never seen a BLACK diamond.

Snow PINK? I've never seen pink snow, and believe me, I get a lot of snow.

Mint BLUE? Isn't it usually Mint GREEN?

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Yajimari21 said:
They're desperate to stimulate sales back to summer levels, but I really don't know if that many people over there are really willing to fork over $350 for a colored Wii when they can just grab a PS3 + Blu-Ray for $50 more. This will only work well if they keep the normal pricetag.

They get an extra wiimote and nunchuck too, but I have to agree that it is still exspensive since your not getting wii sports.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Around the Network

All of this information si comingfrom the same source and is being treated like a rumor, I think people should wait a bit for some confirmation.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

As you all know (because you complain every week about Japan sales), the sales in Japan are lackluster at best. To try and curb this, Nintendo seems to have a plan. New colors. Could be popular.

I would not expect ANY change in Wii hardware in America until sales die down. So maybe this summer.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

NintendoTogepi said:

Black diamonds are real. Try a wiki search. Snow is pink whenever a faerie decides to relieve itself outdoors in the winter. Mint blue simply refers to the fact that Nintendo is making a mint and they can choose whatever colors they wish.

chuckd said:
NintendoTogepi said:

Black diamonds are real. Try a wiki search. Snow is pink whenever a faerie decides to relieve itself outdoors in the winter. Mint blue simply refers to the fact that Nintendo is making a mint and they can choose whatever colors they wish.

Snow is pink when a human or animal goes hunting in the winter time.

That's right, Snow Pink is the most morbid console colour ever. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

NintendoTogepi said:

You haven't played Wario World obviously. The snow actually is pink at a certain time of year at sunset, when sun is in a certain angle in horizon, at The hour of twilight. I too do get a lot of snow. Well, in candies they tend to use a lot blue color for mint these days. Besides, think of the mint green as blue, it may make sense.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.