By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo introducing new Wii colors in Japan, including..

Huh? Haruhi game?

Err... back on topic. I'm actually not surprised at all. It's been over a year with just white as the only choice of colours. I was actually looking into Wii Case Mods because I've grown so sick of the white.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

Around the Network

Wii sales are not lackluster in Japan. They are sold out for the most part. The reason that they were in the 30k's in November was because Nintendo was diverting resources elsewhere. And stockpiling for the December Holiday rush in Japan.

The Wii will have a run of 3 weeks with over 125k sold starting next week(this weeks sales)

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

New colors when Nintendo can't keep with worldwide demand ? It sound odd ....

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

If I were to get a Wii, it would have to be an Apple Green one, but no mention of any of those unfortunately

Yajimari21 said:
They're desperate to stimulate sales back to summer levels, but I really don't know if that many people over there are really willing to fork over $350 for a colored Wii when they can just grab a PS3 + Blu-Ray for $50 more. This will only work well if they keep the normal pricetag.

Don't ignore the DETAIL.

Those consoles come PACKED-IN with Smash Bros! And two Wiimote/Nunchucks - so all setup for 2-player Brawl to rock the house.

Definitely packs aimed at the gamers. Don't expect to see the same packs outside of Japan anytime soon (as they don't have WiiSports packed-in). 

Guessing Ninty is hoping Brawl will have a significant impact on the sales of Wii in Japan. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

This is a great move on Nintendo part. The holiday season will be over and all of the people that wanted during the holiday season will of gotten it. All the people who waited after the holiday season so they knew it would be easier to get one will get theres. After all said and done sales will be around like 60,000. So they will attract people to buy it with have the ability to choose color unlike the xbox and ps3 (from what I know) and they will get people like me who all ready bought a Wii and want a different color then just white!

Also if they cake different color schemes to attract people to the Wii!   

shams said:
Yajimari21 said:
They're desperate to stimulate sales back to summer levels, but I really don't know if that many people over there are really willing to fork over $350 for a colored Wii when they can just grab a PS3 + Blu-Ray for $50 more. This will only work well if they keep the normal pricetag.

Don't ignore the DETAIL.

Those consoles come PACKED-IN with Smash Bros! And two Wiimote/Nunchucks - so all setup for 2-player Brawl to rock the house.

Definitely packs aimed at the gamers. Don't expect to see the same packs outside of Japan anytime soon (as they don't have WiiSports packed-in).

Guessing Ninty is hoping Brawl will have a significant impact on the sales of Wii in Japan.

Sweet.  Brawl + new colors =  win!

Munkeh111 said:
If I were to get a Wii, it would have to be an Apple Green one, but no mention of any of those unfortunately

check the wii developer kit, its green :D and you need about 1700$.  But you need to explain to nintendo why you are a nice and reliable game developer :(.

Wolfen said:
Munkeh111 said:

check the wii developer kit, its green :D and you need about 1700$. But you need to explain to nintendo why you are a nice and reliable game developer :(.

it shouldn't be too hard.Nintendo gave one to Data Design Interactive and look at what they made for the Wii.

Wii Urban Extreme Q2 2007
Wii Billy the Wizard: Rocket Broomstick Racing 09/21/07
Wii Rock 'N' Roll Adventures 09/21/07
Wii Anubis II 09/21/07
Wii Ninjabread Man 09/21/07
Wii Counter Force 10/03/07
Wii Monster Trux Arenas 10/26/07
Wii Monster Trux Arenas 10/26/07
Wii Offroad Extreme 11/16/07
Wii Myth Makers: Orbs of Doom 11/23/07
Wii Mini Desktop Racing 11/23/07
Wii Mini Desktop Racing 11/23/07
Wii Kidz Sports International Soccer 11/30/07
Wii Kawasaki 4X4 Quad Bikes November 2007
Wii Kawasaki 4X4 Quad Bikes November 2007
Wii Action Girlz Racing 12/07/07
Wii Myth Makers: Super Kart GP 12/07/07
Wii Classic British Motor Racing 12/26/07
Wii Call for Heroes: Pompolic Wars Q4 2007

I want to ride Miyamoto on Mario Kart Wii. Please confirm him as a playable kart!!

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!